Casea Major's Reviews > My Kind of Crazy

My Kind of Crazy by Katie O'Sullivan

Jul 23, 2014

My Kind of Crazy is a fun beach read set in Cape Cod, Mass. Stocked with quirky secondary characters, sexual chemistry, and a very cute puppy, the story pulls the reader along in an adorable tale. I loved the vividness of the setting--the small town was almost like a character giving so much life and vibrancy to the story.

I greatly enjoyed Kendall and Jon's relationships with their friends and family. Kendall's friendship with the fun, dog-loving Dorothy her husband, Alan and Jon's relationship with his aging uncle who is the town's veterinarian, provides rich insight into the hearts and minds of the two, and helps establish them as kind, caring individuals worthy of love.

The one concern I had was with the heroine, Kendall. Some of her illogical assumptions and poor decisions caused me distress.

**Mini-Spoiler Alert**
During the Hero and Heroine's initial meeting, Kendall, a DIY wedding coordinator, sees Jon, a new to town veterinarian, having coffee with a married, elderly lady of the community--the librarian to be exact. During the Meet Cute, Kendall inexplicably assumes Jon is having an affair with the older woman who is really his aunt. Unfortunately, this assumption provides most of the conflict between the couple for the first portion of the story and undermines Kendall's authenticity. In addition to that assumption, her poor judgment in a few other areas cause additional headaches and heartaches as well--I won't go into detail but there are at least two other instances where her inexplicable choices serve as a vehicle for furthering the conflict of the story between various antagonists such as her ex-husband and pushy next door neighbor.

Despite her flaws, both Kendall and Jon are wonderfully lovable characters. Their chemistry sizzled on the pages and kept me reading late into the night. The sexual tension between them builds beautifully, pulling the reader along at a great pace through a fun, lighthearted story to a satisfying ending. I would highly recommend this book and look forward to other books in this genre by the author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Kind of Crazy.

07/23/2014 marked as: read