DarienMoya's Reviews > Slave to Sensation

Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh

Oct 05, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads
Read from September 22 to 28, 2010

Slave to Sensation (saying the name of the book with a French accent) was a hard read for me to get into. Not because it was a horrible book, I was finding it hard to connect to the characters. When I finally connected, it was epic, because this book was fun and unique and all types of sexy. There is a buffet of hotness in this book and I am up for all you can eat.

Sascha Duncan is a Psy (nope not Psycho), Psy’s are living breathing androids, while they are human they carry no emotions, they feel absolutely nothing. They are cold as ice, except for Sascha. They year is 2079 and Sascha is close to breaking, she feels her time running out because her thoughts and feeling do match what a Psy should be. She wants, to laugh, she wants a man, she feels. With the intricate linkage that each Psy has to each other, it is a matter of time before someone notices that her icy façade is all just an act. Until an assignment with a Changeling leads to everything, she wants but cannot hope to have. There is also the fact that their races pretty much hate each other.

Lucas Hunter is a Changeling (shifters both animal and human) he is the leader of his Leopard pack, and working with the Psy is the last thing he wants. Yet there is more beneath the surface, this so-called getting along, Lucas has a motive. Meeting Sascha Lucas realizes quickly that this one is different and he begins his hunt, the very thing he is good at.

Well the story becomes one of intrigue and mystery and murder. As I said before really hard to get into it, but when I did “oh man” my pants caught on fire. Though Lucas and Sascha didn’t really light my fire, the other characters did and its for that very reason I will read the rest of the series. The world created was super awesome and the hot “Skin Privileges” was the highlight of the book for me. If only hot men lined up to rub me up and made me feel all safe and secure, I would take it and hum.

So overall, I was impressed and I am officially dying to check out the rest of the series. I recommend this series for its originality and of course for the very hot men and women.
12 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slave to Sensation.

09/22/2010 page 20
6.0% "very intersting!!! I already love Hunter, if that is his name,lol." 1 comment
09/23/2010 page 72
22.0% "Not sure about how I feel about this book yet. Interesting though!!"
09/24/2010 page 143
43.0% "Still on the fence, like it but then I don't. Still have some ways to go so might feelings might change." 6 comments
09/25/2010 page 208
62.0% "Getting better! I really like Dorian, and Rina needs a Psy man just for her. Lucas and Sascha still unsure about our leading h/h. Everyone else seems more intersting, hmmmm." 4 comments
09/26/2010 page 250
75.0% "Alright, I am eating my words! I really like it now, and I am loving all the skin privleges, I want them too. The sentinels, mmmmm happy times in my pants." 4 comments
09/26/2010 page 260
78.0% "I wanna have sex with everyone in this book, including all the women. Its like a buffet of sexiness up in here!" 6 comments

new_user Cool! :)

DarienMoya LOL, what is going on!!!

Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book This is a great book to start the series! Happy Rheading!!!

message 5: by DarienMoya (last edited Sep 26, 2010 08:23PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

DarienMoya Thanks Amanda, I am kinda liking it so far.

new_user The world only gets better and more in depth. :D

message 8: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae Great review, Darien:)

message 9: by Buggy (new) - added it

Buggy Great review D I keep hearing good things about this series but the fact that it took you a while to get into makes me nervous

DarienMoya Buggy wrote: "Great review D I keep hearing good things about this series but the fact that it took you a while to get into makes me nervous"

LOL, I don't know why but it was very hard to connect, I was a lot more interested in the background characters than the main ones. After though I was like yummmm!

I know this book won't be my fave but.... the others will be fantstic I can sense it.

Spoiler Whore says calm your tits people, it's just a book My favorite so far is Mine to Possess.
Ahhhh Clay!