DarienMoya's Reviews > The Gentleman and the Rogue

The Gentleman and the Rogue by Bonnie Dee

Sep 06, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads, my-m-m-lovin, historical-m-m, butt-virgins, tag-teaming-authors
Read from August 30 to September 02, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

^^ NO LONGER A GENTLEMAN!^^

I am a huge fan of historical romance and a huge fan of M/M loving, you put them together, I become extremely happy, and I was extremely happy about this book. It has a bit of everything, the evil villain, the brooding hero and his upbeat and beautiful lover. The sex is just sweet and erotic at the same, plus our upbeat and beautiful lover has to come in and save our brooding hero, I call that a very good read.

Sir Alan Watleigh is home from the war, and as to be expected from most soldiers of war, he is plagued by nightmares and his reality is all kinds of hellish. He decides he is going to end his life with a bang, by giving into his forbidden desires for another man. All he wants is just a night of good sex and he is calling it quits. He spots his target a beautiful male prostitute and takes him home. What he does not expect is to be charmed, and to start liking the very young man, who makes a living by selling his body.

All Jem has known is the streets, the streets is where he lives and makes his living. Until he gets picked up by a very distinguished looking gentleman with the sad eyes. Jem swears to give him the best night and to make the broody looking gentle man smile. What he never expected is to want to stay in Alan’s company and never leave his life. All that is gonna take is to convince Alan he is right for him, put a smile on his face, and to erase him of his guilt because he likes cock, phew seems likes Jem has some serious work to do.

Throw in both Jem and Alan on the open road on their way to rescue a girl caught in the clutches of a mad man, and you have yourself a well-balanced book. This little journey is the defining moment in their relationship, there is sexual tension and the occasional “this is not right” from Alan, this dude just never quits. He is the ultimate brooder I tell ya, after sex, this guy thinks about the war and how it’s his fault, he got everyone killed. Right after sex come on, at least catch your breath first.

I love Jem; he is just a ray of sunlight. This man single handily knows what pain is but he continues to smile and wants nothing more than Alan to smile with him. He makes this book entertaining with his bawdy jokes and witty sense of humour, and even though he was a prostitute, he is quite innocent in his flirtations, but when it is time to be dirty, Jem gets down like no other. That Sir Alan Watleigh never had a chance. The two together is just a great balance, and it becomes a beautiful story about finding love in the least unlikely of places.

I really liked this book; the villain was a sick bastard. My fave thing was the word “bugger” we have come along way if that word use to be a swear word for men who like other men. That’s child play now but I find it so entertaining “bum buggerer” classic fantastic. I loved Jem and this is a book I will be giving another go in the long run. The sex was hot, I like when people are vocal during sex and Jem has that down, ah the dirty thing he says. If you like M/M romance check this one out, the writing is superb and there is never a dull moment, unless you count in Alan, ha kidding I like him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gentleman and the Rogue.

08/30/2010 page 11
7.0% "I love Jem already, what a guy!!" 1 comment
08/30/2010 page 61
37.0% "This book is delightful. I love historical romance so this hits the spot. Plus its M/M that makes it 100% better. Jem is a Gem!!!"
08/31/2010 page 106
65.0% "So very good and heartwarming!!" 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Barks & Bites I love, love, loved this one.

DarienMoya BarkLessWagMore wrote: "I love, love, loved this one."

It is just so effin good, I am in love with Jem and the sex is hawt.

DarienMoya Thanks Zosia and Bookwatcher.

Bookwatcher, I think you will like this one.

message 4: by Bookwatcher (last edited Sep 06, 2010 09:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bookwatcher I'm searching a book now... after this review I think I will try this one! IMMEDIATELY! :-)

(he he he... just bought... 8 dollar at fictionwise! How could I resist?)

Dina Excellent review, Darien. I'm counting the days until I can read this book. :)

DarienMoya Thanks Dina, hurry and read it and I hope you love it.

Bookwatcher, good stuff!!

Bookwatcher DarienMoya wrote: "Thanks Dina, hurry and read it and I hope you love it.

Bookwatcher, good stuff!!"

Check here!... I looooove to find good books at great price

:-)

and just read two incredible M/M Someone Is Watching by Mark A. Roeder and A Better Place by Mark A. Roeder but a little sad... I neeeeeeed a HEA!!! I hope this one you recommend me has a HEA!!!!

DarienMoya It so does!!

message 9: by Bookwatcher (last edited Sep 06, 2010 10:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bookwatcher Hahahahaah, read just one page:

"Jem was both excited and nervous at the prospect of an evening spent somewhere better. Sure, it was only for a few hours and only because this man wanted to bugger his rear"

BUGGER! Ohhhh I hate you, now I will laugh every time I read this word remembering your review, ha ha ha ha!

message 10: by Daisiemae (new) - added it

Daisiemae Great review:)

DarienMoya Daisiemae wrote: "Great review:)"

Thanks Shell, and aha to Bookwatcher.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I really enjoyed this book, too! Great review, Darien!!!

message 13: by Buggy (new) - added it

Buggy Another super review D, Can't wait to read this it will be my first M/M historical