Jeff's Reviews > Business Stripped Bare: Adventures of a Global Entrepreneur

Business Stripped Bare by Richard Branson

Apr 28, 10

Read in April, 2010

He certainly has a different way of thinking from me. Or vice versa.

It is even in the way that he writes; almost but not quite perfunctory.

But while it is unlikely that I will start up a typical business, there are some absolute nuggets here, especially in the last chapter: 'Epilogue:Success'
'Success for me is whether you have created something that you can be truly proud of.' (See my son John and his family :-)

'What you are bad at actually doesn't interest people, and it certainly shouldn't interest you. However accomplished you become in life, the things you are bad at will always outnumber the things that you are good at. So don't let your limits knock your self-confidence. Put them to one side and push yourself towards your strengths.' p. 232

That is SO important ...'What you are bad at actually doesn't interest people, and it certainly shouldn't interest you.' Worth a billion dollars, .... per word!

A terrific book ... it's going to John, then we will lose it on a bus or train :-)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Business Stripped Bare.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victorwangwq (new)

Victorwangwq wang "What you are bad at actually doesn't interest people, and it certainly shouldn't interest you." I love this statement. It's a great reminder to keep self-confidence. Foucus our strengths and contribute more wonderful things to this world!