Holly's Reviews > The Sweet Far Thing

The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray

May 14, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read from May 03 to 11, 2010

First of all- WARNING- this novel is super long. It took me an entire week to read the whole thing! That never happens.

To be honest, I'm still on the fence about this whole series. This was certainly a good book- well written, and entertaining. I'm just not sure it captured me as thoroughly as it could have. By the time I reached the end of the book, which I couldn't put down, I'd forgotten most of what happened in the beginning. Not really forgotten, but didn't really care anymore? It just didn't seem as important to the plot as the rest of the book- even though it was building up to this end.

I think I'd have enjoyed the story more if it hadn't been so very long. All the elements were there for me to love, they just became tedious.

Beyond that- Felicity is definitely what made the story for me. She was such a vibrant character and we really got to learn a lot about her in this book. Finally we understand her motivations that had only been hinted at before.

And Poppy warriors scare me. I'll take the gargoyle from the roof thankyouverymuch.

All in all, it's worth the read. It's an enchanting world with issues that cross the boundaries of normal YA literature right into your living room. But clear your calendar.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweet Far Thing.