travelmel's Reviews > Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison

May 01, 10

bookshelves: audio-book-reader-was-decent
Read from April 27 to 29, 2010

dunno.. just started it and already I find the protaganist annoying. The author decided that making fun of girls with large busoms is funny and should be a shared joke for all to laugh at. I don't think so.

This book ALMOST made it onto my "really funny" shelf and ALMOST onto my "YA-inappropriate" shelf but not quite to either. It is funny but in a mean-spirited, spoiled, self-centered (yes, normal for the age group, unfortunately) way. I can't say I didn't laugh as I am, at heart, a bad person. ;)

Almost inappropriate because she's like 13 or 14.. I wasn't sure and she has way too many freedoms, too much teen knowledge, and too many snogging with smokers and hooligans moments. Unfortunately, I listened to, rather than read, the first 1/2 of the book so I had no idea what snogging was. It's kissing. There's a glossery in the back of the book.

I was listening to it with my 12 y/o troublemaker and she was hooting with laughter (no doubt kindred spirits) and so after we got out of the car I decided to read the rest of the book to see if it would be appropraite for her. IT IS NOT. So glad we got out before some really embarrassing stuff happened that I would not have wanted to experience with my kid.

Guilty pleasure? CHECK!

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging.

04/27/2010 page 30
04/28/2010 page 50
20.24% "meh"

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 4: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Yeah, I can't say as I would find that amusing either-it's not like I have big ones on purpose!

travelmel This book is really awful ...

Athena Lol, I thought it was amusing but I read it when I was 14ish. They came out with a movie recently about this book. It's also kind of amusing but again--aimed at teenagers.

travelmel my 12 yr old listened to it for awhile and was hysterical. lol Fortunately, she got out of the car before it went downhill! LOL