Ashley's Reviews > Prayers for Sale

Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas

Jan 19, 2012

it was ok
Read in January, 2012

So after checking this out for the 3rd time to try to finish this book I can sum it up in a few good quotes from the book. It was a very slow read. I’m so happy I finally finished it. But I couldn’t just let this one go. The book was about an elderly lady living in a mining town helping others through their life. It was about how forgiveness heals your soul as well as the other person’s soul.

Very misleading title-Prayers for sale (a sign outside her home, the meaning behind it) - I was so happy that I had nothing else to pray for, “I’ve got prayers to sell”. No money will buy prayers I am happy to say them for free.

“God doesn’t’ put up with people that do meanness on and on and on” (Good point people do bad things and suffer from Karma)

“Quilts are like lives. They’re made up of a lot of little pieces”. (Yes and some pieces are not pretty and life is difficult but with the darkness comes the sunshine, it snows a lot in Colorado).

Oh and I had never heard of scripture cake before, and went online to find the recipe. Sounded interesting.

So That pretty much summed it up for me. It was an ok read, I’m glad it’s over. I wouldn’t recommend it unless you have patience and time, so I included my favorite lessons from this book to save you the trouble if you don’t have time to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prayers for Sale.

05/21 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Carrie (new)

Carrie I think I have this one at home, haven't read it yet (of course) but I can send your way when I do!

Ashley I just started reading this from the library. So far I don't think it is one I'd own, lol. It is okay so far, but I've been disinterested in many books right now. I'll connect with something at some point.