The Flooze's Reviews > Proven Guilty

Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher

Apr 26, 2010

bookshelves: urban-fantasy-paranormal, owned, vanquished_2011
Read from June 27 to July 16, 2011 , read count: 1

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Proven Guilty.

Quotes The Flooze Liked

Jim Butcher
“You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me.”

Jim Butcher
“Beside me, Molly rolled her shoulders in a few jerky motions and pushed at her hair in fitful little gestures. She tugged at her well-tattered skirts, and grimaced at her boots. "Can you see if there’s any mud on them?"

I paused to consider her for a second. Then I said, "You have two tattoos showing right now, and you probably used a fake ID to get them. Your piercings would set off any metal detector worth the name, and you’re featuring them in parts of your anatomy your parents wish you didn’t yet realize you had. You’re dressed like Frankenhooker, and your hair has been dyed colors I previously thought existed only in cotton candy.” I turned to face the door again. “I wouldn’t waste time worrying about a little mud on the boots.”

Jim Butcher
“A bolt of warmth, fierce with joy and pride and gratitude, flashed through me like sudden lightning. I don’t care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching—they are your family. And they were my heroes.”

Jim Butcher
“Life can be confusing. Good God, and how. Sometimes it seems like the older I get, the more confused I become. That seems ass-backwards. I thought I was supposed to be getting wiser. Instead, I just keep getting hit over the head with my relative insignificance in the greater scheme of the universe. Confusing, life. But it beats the hell out of the alternative.”

Jim Butcher
“I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family.”

Jim Butcher
“Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of trauma, I will fear no concussion.”

Jim Butcher
“I lunged, low and quick, and drove about a foot of cold steel into his danglies. Hey, I don't care what kind of fearie or mortal or hideous creature you are. If you've got danglies, and can loose them, that's the kind of sight that makes you reconsider the possible genitalia-related ramifications of your actions real damned quick.”

Jim Butcher
“I checked the icebox. The faeries usually brought some sort of food to stock the icebox and the pantry when they cleaned, but they could have mighty odd ideas about what constituted a healthy diet. One time I'd opened the pantry and found nothing but boxes and boxes and boxes of Fruit Loops. I had a near-miss with diabetes, and Thomas, who was never quite sure where the food had come from, declared that I had clearly been driven Fruit Loopy.”

06/27/2011 page 7
1.0% "Very dark beginning." 2 comments
07/16/2011 page 308
64.0% "Holy crap. If you want to know what Mouse supposedly looks like: bullykuttas.pkscoop.com/wp-content/up..." 5 comments

Regina This is one of my favorites in the series.

The Flooze It starts off so dark!

Regina Yes it does. I think I read the next few in the matter f weeks after I fijiahe this one.

Beanbag Love This is one of my favorites, too, Regina. It's definitely dark, but the story is riveting.

Regina Are you doing a re-read of all or part of the series before you read Ghost Story?

Beanbag Love Are you talking to me or Michelle? I'm not rereading anything. I might skim through Turn Coat or something. I read the Butcher MBs and people dissect every moment. I feel like I don't really need a reread after all that. lol

I'm not going to be able to read GS (unless it pops up early in the store) because it comes out the day before what is going to be a very busy family trip. So I may have to wait almost a month to read it. I will have to drop off the grid completely! o_O

The Flooze As for me, I'm only up to this book. No spoilers!

Beanbag Love No spoilers, Flooze. I hate them too. I hope you're enjoying this one even with its dark threads.

Regina Yup no spoilers. I knew this is as far as you had gotten. :)

I won't be doing a re-read either. Crazy, Beanbag, that you won't be able to read it on release day! I guess we all have real lives in addition to reading.