Misfit's Reviews > The Queen's Daughter

The Queen's Daughter by Susan Coventry

Jul 12, 10

bookshelves: get-it-from-the-library, did-not-finish
Read from July 05 to 12, 2010

Not the book for me, I know it is YA but the writing is still too *young* for my tastes. Can anyone suggest a good book on Joanna?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Queen's Daughter.

07/05/2010 page 4
1.0% "Melusine count at the end of page #2, six :/" 1 comment
07/05/2010 page 32
8.0% "Eight Mulusine sightings. I yield. Perhaps I should just go and vaccum the floors instead of reading :/" 6 comments
07/12/2010 page 97
25.0% "I'm giving this one more go and I hope Joan's *voice* matures as she does or the book is gonna fly.

Someone tell me, would the servants address Joan as "Princess"?" 5 comments

message 1: by Misfit (new) - added it

Misfit Michy wrote: "Have you read this, yet? I have it on my shopping list. Am interested to know what you think of it."

I just got this from the library today and read about 30 or so pages. I'm in a mood today, but it just wasn't working for me. I understand its YA but it felt a bit too simple for my tastes today. You should be able to ILL it, if your's participates.

message 2: by Misfit (new) - added it

Misfit Michy wrote: "I'm in somewhat of a book funk, myself. Don't know if it's the same kind of mood you're in, but mine is from having three false starts with books in the last two days. When that happens the only s..."

Lol, book funks suck. Worst I had was back in Dec. '08 when I'd been sidelined and housebound for three weeks with a broken knee (plus snow, so no one would come and get me and I couldn't drive). Books were flying. Even Dumas.

I will give this one more try but that's about it.

message 3: by Jemidar (new)

Jemidar Thanks for the comments, I've now taken this one of my wishlist...definitely not for me!

message 4: by Misfit (new) - added it

Misfit Jemidar wrote: "Thanks for the comments, I've now taken this one of my wishlist...definitely not for me!"

Library only IMHO.

message 5: by Tanzanite (new) - added it

Tanzanite I read a book earlier this year about Joanna - My Lord Brother the Lionheart by Molly Costain Haycraft. Despite the title, which would seem to indicate that it's about Richard, it's really not although he is an important part of the story. It's a little on the romance side (but not in the bodice ripper sense).

Here's a link to my review:

message 6: by Misfit (new) - added it

Misfit Tanzanite wrote: "I read a book earlier this year about Joanna - My Lord Brother the Lionheart by Molly Costain Haycraft. Despite the title, which would seem to indicate that it's about Richard, it's really not alt..."

Small world, but I picked up on that title when I Wik'd Joanne. It looks a bit rare but I intend to hunt it down, thank you.

message 7: by CLM (new)

CLM I love Molly Costain Haycraft but they are fairly YA - my junior high library had them all. I especially liked The Reluctant Queen and Too Near the Throne.

message 8: by Misfit (new) - added it

Misfit CLM wrote: "I love Molly Costain Haycraft but they are fairly YA - my junior high library had them all. I especially liked The Reluctant Queen and Too Near the Throne."

Thank you. IIRC, Barb tried one of her books and couldn'e finish. Not sure which one.