kari's Reviews > Take Me There

Take Me There by Susane Colasanti

Apr 27, 10

bookshelves: 2010, ya
Read in April, 2010

Colasanti does a great job of telling a story in first person, in this case through three separate first person accounts and each voice is unique with different ways of expressing themselves. I really enjoy the way she crafts her stories.
Rhiannon is pining over the loss of her boyfriend, Steve and is consumed with trying to understand why he dumped her and how to get him back.
James, her best friend, is busy trying to console her and his girlfriend dumps him because he tends to put Rhiannon before their relationship and although James doesn't like being dumped, he's also a bit relieved by the breakup.
Nicole has just broken up with her boyfriend, Danny and he is confused, but they are continuing their friendship.
There are surprises along the way, things I really didn't expect and growth by each of the characters as they figure out what they want. My only negative is that the ending feels just a bit abrupt and I'd have liked to have a few more chapters about what happens after, but what we're given is a satisfying conclusion.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take Me There.