Mrs. Missive's Reviews > The Beast in Him

The Beast in Him by Shelly Laurenston

Apr 27, 10

Read from April 26 to 27, 2010

This tale left me a little cool. I loved Laurenston's Mangus Pack series.

We get Jessica Ann who takes pride in getting back at the guy who left her out in the cold 16 years ago, and Smitty who doesn't understand why she doesn't acknowledge him like either a long lost best bud, or the sex stallion he is.

After a LOT of back and forth, they decide they love each other, but it is insanely important that she get hunted and bitten savagely to prove it. I thought the "needing to get the Smith mate maul" was just a little blah. Either it didn't sit right with me, or went on for just a tad too long, cause I had some serious "eye roll" moments over it.

Shelly did a great job setting the scenes in this book. I could see it translated to real life in my head brilliantly. I could picture the characters manerisms vividly.

Didn't have any laugh out loud moments, and the scenes were steamy but not as "leg-crossing", "cigarette-smoking" hot as some of her previous reads were for me.

I didn't put the book down, and I wanted to know what happened next, but I wasn't left feeling like it was an incredible book. Fast read, solid story progression, great individual scenes, but not a fav.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beast in Him.