Erin Ashley's Reviews > Fade

Fade by Lisa McMann

Nov 23, 11

bookshelves: dreams, romance
Read in July, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Wow. Just wow. Fade was so much more intense than Wake and with good reason. Janie is learning more about being a Dream Catcher and it's taking a heavy toll on her and Cabel. It was honestly heart breaking reading about what will eventually become of Janie and there is a huge part of me that hopes it can all be reversed although at this point I don't know where the story is going to lead. Janie and Cabel are in my mind such a sweet couple who are real and honest with each other. They are written and structured like a couple who have been together for years and years and that is such a joy to read about and a refreshing change compared to other couples in stories. The climax of the story, at the party, well that was a scary thing to read about. I felt at one point like I was put right in Janie's shoes and didn't know what was going on. Lisa McMann wrote this part so expertly that it left me feeling Janie's confusion and bewilderment at what was happening with her. Part of me is hoping that Janie's mother either dies or get's off her ass and sorts herself out because at this point she is basically absent the entire book, then again if she was heavily in it then Janie wouldn't be able to do her job and all the things she has been used to doing for so many years. She's a strong character even while dealing with her ability and I feel that as long as Cabel is along side her and Captain, who I exceptionally like and almost see her as a mother figure, Janie will continue on. I'm eager to see where this all leads and am putting the next book on hold at the library as we speak :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fade.