Cara Leopard's Reviews > Being Jamie Baker

Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram

Apr 26, 2010

Read in April, 2010

So, I'm a young working mother with NO time to get sucked-in to new books. I though I'd read the first page and then see what happens. Of course for the next 24 hours I was sitting under a lamp in a snuggie, giggling to myself, with my kid in the other room glued to FINDING NEMO and my husband practically starving to death. This book was a refreshing change of pace from most young adult books that can seem rather sensored and vanilla. It's wit and sass makes it exciting without the four letter words you usually get when an adult is 'trying to hard' to sound like a highschooler. This book is written for the reader, and is 100% fun and 0% boring-filler-writing that can lead to the "unfinished" pile of books stacked on our shelves. There is a unique plot & something is happening the ENTIRE time. You fall in love with the charachters and It keeps you hooked until that last page. Then you realize its over and the need for a "fix" sets in within minutes. So you read it again....Thanks Kelly!
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Being Jamie Baker.