Fani's Reviews > Born in Shame

Born in Shame by Nora Roberts

Jun 18, 10

bookshelves: romance-contemporary, audiobooks, keepers-romance, hero-is-besotted, unrequited-love, beta-hero, hero-is-good-man, favorite-hero, heroine-i-wanna-shake-or-slap, irish-devil
Recommended to Fani by: BJ Rose
Read from June 16 to 18, 2010

What an awesome conclusion to the series! I think this might even be my favorite of the series, but then Born of Ice was excellent too.
Murphy was a fantastic, yummy, dreamy, wonderful hero that I couldn't get enough of and if Shannon was a little cold, she had reasons for acting this way. Besides, I loved watching the previous couples appearing in this one, without ever stealing the show. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born in Shame.

06/17/2010 page 150
40.0% "Murphy is an awesome hero *sigh* I can't get enough of him:)"
06/18/2010 page 280
75.0% "I'm melting into a pool here! Murphy is the loveliest hero ever and the whole book is so sweet:)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ro (new) - added it

Ro I enjoy her work and sounds like a good book. Is it okay to read as a stand alone if you haven't read the other two books, Fani?

Thanks a bunch for the review.

BJ Rose Fani, so glad you loved it - I'm always a bit apprehensive when I recommend a book that others won't enjoy it as much as I did.

I agree with you about the yummy Murphy - I was so glad to see him get a great story!

Fani This is a great book Ro, but I don't know if it would be as good had I not read the other two. I guess you could read it as a standalone, but I think that might make it less than a 5 stars book since the previous couples appear too much in this one. Besides, why would you want to do it, since the 2nd is as good, if not better, as this one?

Fani BJ, it was based on your review that I decided to buy this one; I don't think I would had it not been for you! It turned out to be an amazing read and I can't thank you enough for it:)

Murphy is so wonderful, he's become one of my favorite heroes ever!!! He so deserved such a nice story:)

message 5: by Ro (new) - added it

Ro WOW! May as well go for the gusto and read the entire series! Thanks so much to you both for the recommend. I need to read about a "real" hero right about now. (lol)

Fani I don't think you'll regret it Ro. With th exception of the first one which was rather mediocre, the other two were both winners.

BJ Rose Fani wrote: "I don't think you'll regret it Ro. With th exception of the first one which was rather mediocre, the other two were both winners."

Ro, I agree with Fani. I almost didn't read the whole trilogy because the first one didn't really excite me, altho it was an excellent lead-in to the others, and as Fani said, helps you enjoy them even more!

message 8: by Ro (new) - added it

Ro I'll pick up this weekend! Thanks BJ and Fani!!!!!!