Schnaucl's Reviews > Inked

Inked by Karen Chance

Apr 25, 2010

bookshelves: anthology, april, fiction, read_2010, library, urban_fantasy
Read from April 25 to 27, 2010 , read count: 1

This is a set of four novella length stories that deal in some way with tattoos.

Skin Deep by Karen Chance - Every time I read a story about Lia I think I'd like to read about her in a series but it seems that so far she's destined only to appear in anthologies like these. For some reason, the Cassandra Palmer series never really did it for me. Anyway, it's a good story although the tattoo aspect seems tangential to the story.

Armor of Roses by Marjorie M. Liu - This was probably my favorite story, but I already read the series so I think I'm biased. It's a self contained story wherein Maxine travels back in time to WWII to once again meet her grandmother and prevent something from happening in the future.

Etched in Silver by Yasmine Galenorn - Galenorn's style didn't bother me as much as it often does but I still think she had the weakest story. Part of the problem is that it doesn't feel like a self contained story. It feels like it belongs as part of a larger book and so it feels like there's not a real resolution.

Human Nature by Eileen Wilks - I liked this story as well. In fact, I liked it enough that I think I'll pick up the first book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inked.