Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*'s Reviews > Halo

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

EDIT (4/27/15): I read and reviewed this book almost five years ago, and in that time this review had gotten a lot more attention than I thought it would. Unfortunately, some of that attention has been quite negative––including some people personally insulting me and accusing me of being "jealous" of the author just because I wrote a negative review of her book. (There was even an incident where someone created three puppet accounts and attacked this review with all of them at once. Sheesh!)

Admittedly, the original review contained some comments about how I am a writer, and how––from that point of view––it is frustrating to see this type of book get published. But that has no effect on my opinion of the book. It would be stupid to hate a book simply out of spite or jealousy. I dislike this book because I found it clichéd, boring, preachy, and sexist.

If you disagree, that's fine! If you like this book, I'm okay with that! We are all entitled to our opinions. It's really not that difficult to comprehend. But if you are intolerant of negative opinions, and/or you don't enjoy long and ranting reviews, this review is probably not going to be to your liking.

So, here is a new version of the review. It's not too different from the original, just a bit more organized and with a few parts taken out to avoid more personal attacks (and the headaches that come along with them).

------------

I'll at least give Alexandra Adornetto props for being a published teenage writer. It's difficult to juggle writing with schoolwork and your social life, and the fact that she had the patience to write a 500-page novel at her age is admirable. However, as much as I root for young writers, this book was a huge disappointment for me.

I opened up Halo to see two quotes on the first page. One is a quote from Romeo and Juliet (Okay … a bit clichéd. But, alright.) Below it is … a Beyoncé quote: "Baby I can see your halo / You know you're my saving grace." Ohhh I see, that's funny because that song is called "Halo" and your book is called Halo. Gotcha.

On to the actual book.

Characters:

Bethany is one of the most boring and least likable main characters I have ever encountered. She is the definition of a Mary Sue. She's an angel, she's unnaturally beautiful (and insists on reminding the reader of this at every chance she gets), innocently ignorant, needy, pathetic, and whiney.

Her tone is completely two-dimensional. It's either, "Humans are so silly!" or "Xavier is the love of my life and I can't be separated from him for two seconds or I will DIIIEEE!"

She supposedly has special powers, yet she never seems to put them to use. All she can do is fly and occasionally heal people and herself. (Side note: There's a part where she saves a girl who is bleeding death after a car accident, in front of a crowd of people––but at another point Xavier fractures his ankle and she doesn't heal him … ?). Other than that, she doesn't do very much at all. She mainly obsesses over Xavier and gets herself into dangers in which other people have to come and save her.

Xavier is the stereotypical "protective hot guy" who had absolutely no flaws. A while ago, I read an interview with Adornetto in which she said she created Xavier by combining all the boys she's ever liked into "an ideal super-boy." (Unfortunately, that interview seems to have since disappeared from the Internet. But I swear to God, those were her real words.) Xavier's only "flaw" is that he has ~baggage~. His girlfriend––who he was supposedly very much in love with––died in a tragic accident. So he has sworn to never love again! … Unless you are a sexy angel, of course. In which case he will forget all about whats-her-face.

Bethany's human "friends" are a disgustingly sexist portrayal of young women. Adornetto surrounds Bethany with the world's most shallow, boring, and jealous female characters, just to make Bethany look even more perfect and angelic. None of these characters have any distinguishing characteristics, personalities, or interests.

I am not exaggerating when I say that they only talk about boys, clothes, make-up, and prom. Molly (one of these friends) spends the entirety of the book mooning over Bethany's brother Gabriel and changing herself in any way possible in order to get his attention. You'd think Adornetto, as a young woman, would avoid offensive stereotypes, but no. All of these teen girl characters are portrayed as horribly shallow.

The Plot (or lack thereof):

• Bethany and her angel "siblings" are sent to earth in order to "battle dark forces." Sounds exciting––until it turns out, Adornetto's definition of "battling dark forces" is living in a nice cushy suburb, full of very wealthy and privileged people, and making a half-hearted attempt to blend in with humans. Surely, these angels could have been sent somewhere where there was actually some kind of conflict for them to resolve?

The book is way too long. About half of it could have been cut out. The beginning is very slow, filled with too many pointless descriptions and info dumps

The villain doesn't even appear until more than halfway through the book, at which point he just seems like an afterthought. ("Oh yeah … I said something about 'dark forces', didn't I? Better add that in somewhere!") Before that, the reader must agonize through Bethany obsessing over how hot and perfect and wonderful Xavier is for about 300 pages. There's barely any story other than that.

If you don't mind spoilers and want a run-down of the rest of the plot:

(view spoiler)

So yeah, the plot is god-awful. The end.

Some other things that bothered me:

• Supposedly the angels could conceal their wings under their clothes because they are "paper thin". But Bethany has these huge-ass wings on the cover. She wouldn't be able to hide those, even if they were really thin! If I stuffed paper up the back of my shirt, it would still look weird. And if their wings are so thin, then how do they WORK? Because they're magic? And if so, why do they even need wings in the first place? Also, every time the angels went flying, they would just let their wings tear through the back of their clothing. Sooo … are they razor-sharp, too? And if you always just ruin your clothes every time you go flying, why don't you just cut slits in the back of your shirt, or even bother wearing clothes at all?

The religious aspect. Okay, I know that it's a book about angels. So, I get it. If there are angels, there is a God. But there were times when the book verged on preachy. There are better ways to tackle this subject (as can be seen in other angel books such as Unearthly or Angelfall), but I didn't feel it was handled well in this book.

Bethany is "afraid" of human pain and suffering, to the point where she avoids doing anything about it. She's an angel, for crying out loud! It's her freaking job to help people in need! At one point she says that she can't bear watching the news and hearing about starving people and violence because it upsets her. Huh. Maybe if she spent more time actually helping people like she's supposed to––instead of making out with her boyfriend––there would be less pain and suffering in the world!

The Final Word:

Honestly, this is one of my least favorite books that I have ever read. I found it to be boring and predictable, I did not connect with any of the characters, and I will not be touching any of the sequels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Halo.

03/10/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Ivy (last edited Oct 19, 2010 10:06PM) (new)

Ivy Wow... I didn't even know the story behind the author, but after I did I was intrigued in a bad way to read it critique it. Then I read the rest of your review and decided, 'NO way.' Thanks for all the info--you really got me all fired up about it and I haven't even read it... :D It looks worse than Twilight in a way, and there is no possible thing that could make me knowingly put my mind through that mental torture again (sorry, because I see you like Twilight, perhaps love it! not trying to insult; just happened to be that way in my case...).

Now it's really bothering me that I happen to share a name with one of the characters... Grr...

BTW, reading your blog, I know how much work you put into attempting to publish. I haven't even attempted the next step (still revising my book...) and it filled me with quite a bit of confusion that Miss Adornetto could just ship her book off to a big name like HarperCollins and get it published. Can that even seriously happen?

Ellen Ivy, Adonetto first got published for a MG book series called something. And it was in Australia where the Aussie-authoring market isn't really that big :/ But still... to let this be producued? Gah. Not too mention she's on an all-America tour and the book had a one-hundred thousand dollar deal!!

"There are a few freak accidents, one of Bethany's "friends" "commits suicide", Jake attempts to sacrifice Molly and a bunch of other kids, Bethany stops him but gets kidnapped, he beats her up and fills her brain with all the horrors of the world, then does she finally do anything awesome and kickass to save herself?"
- I fully believed you until you said no. Lol. And, gosh, maybe the book should have been about the above O_o

Love the review, Bridge.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Ivy wrote: "Wow... I didn't even know the story behind the author, but after I did I was intrigued in a bad way to read it critique it. Then I read the rest of your review and decided, 'NO way.' Thanks for all..."

Yeah, you're right. It was too much like Twilight. And yes, I did enjoy Twilight (when I was 13, anyway, although I might feel differently about it if I read it again …) and by now so many books are exactly like Twilight that it just gets really dull. :P

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Ellen ♥ wrote: "Ivy, Adonetto first got published for a MG book series called something. And it was in Australia where the Aussie-authoring market isn't really that big :/ But still... to let this be producued? Ga..."

One hundred thousand dollar … ? *dies* She does not deserve that money. At all. I know 13-year-olds who deserve it more than she does, seriously. Heck, I deserve it more than she does! I really need the money for college! :P lol

Thanks!

message 5: by Sella (last edited Oct 21, 2010 10:18PM) (new)

Sella Malin OMG, Brigid, that was the most epic and most awesome review EVER. I loved it so much. XD Not only was it hilarious (you made me laugh SO hard ... especially the bubbles coming out of her butt part. And all the other parts, too), but it was also very intelligent and convincing. You managed to attack a book in such a refined, mature, professional way. And I love the sarcastic tone the review has, it's awesome. :D I haven't even read the book, and now I hate it and feel angry for all the reasons you did. That was an amazing persuasive review. :D I love your reviews, and that's definitely one of the best ones you've done.

"Yup, his girlfriend who he was very much in love with (supposedly) died in a tragic accident, so he will never love again!" ---> Oh oh. That's exactly the fake backstory that Caleb made up in Outcast. I guess it's better because in Outcast, that isn't actually true, but still. I guess Caleb's story is very cliched. :P

Also, I'm confused. Did all the freak accidents you said actually happen in the book, or were you saying stuff like that should've happened?

April*procrastinator and proud* haha i love your review.
I wasn'y planning on reading this anyways because it seemed cliche.
lol.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Sella wrote: "OMG, Brigid, that was the most epic and most awesome review EVER. I loved it so much. XD Not only was it hilarious (you made me laugh SO hard ... especially the bubbles coming out of her butt part...."

Why thank you, Sella. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It took me like an hour to write it. O_o lol!

Yeah, but Caleb was lying. That's different. This was the actual story, and it wasn't convincing at all … he didn't even seem to have an emotional reaction to it. Whenever he talked about it he was just like, "Yeah, my girlfriend died. I was sad. Let's not talk about it." And then he'd go back to flirting/making out with Bethany. :P

Uhh I'm not sure what you mean. Yes, all those things happened. The only part that didn't happen was Bethany doing something kickass … that was what I was saying "hahahaha … NO" to. I guess I should make that clearer; I think someone else was confused by that too …

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Rilly *procrastinator and proud* wrote: "haha i love your review.
I wasn'y planning on reading this anyways because it seemed cliche.
lol."

Thank you! Yes, it is really clichéd. Good choice. ;)

message 9: by Dana (new)

Dana Cruz Love your review. :D Beth kept reminding herself that they were on earth to ward off the dark forces but they aren't doing anything at all. Did they do something? I don't know what happened in the end because I stopped reading it, I just couldn't go on.

message 10: by Dia (new) - added it

Dia haha... oh i wish you would have the opportunity to sell your own books!! I laughed my ass of just on your review... i am shure that i would love an actual book from you! your writing style is just... WOW!! xD
GOOD LUCK in finding a publisher!!!

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Dana wrote: "Love your review. :D Beth kept reminding herself that they were on earth to ward off the dark forces but they aren't doing anything at all. Did they do something? I don't know what happened in the ..."

Thanks! Yeah, exactly. Every once in a while it would be like "OH YEAH. WE'RE HERE TO FIGHT THE DARK FORCES." But they hardly did a thing about that. Yes … they did do something in the end, although it was pretty stupid and anti-climatic. And that was sending Jake back to hell (or wherever he came from) with the power of looove! Ugh.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Dia wrote: "haha... oh i wish you would have the opportunity to sell your own books!! I laughed my ass of just on your review... i am shure that i would love an actual book from you! your writing style is just..."

Glad you enjoyed the review :) and thanks!

message 13: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune HAHAHAHAHAhahahahahha I'm pretty sure that was the funniest review I've ever read!! You so deserve getting published WAY more than her. Ahhh its so sad, people with epic connections and such. But really. Hilarious review!

Clare

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Thanks Clare! :D Haha yeahh I believe both her parents are English professors … probably has some connections. Can't see any other reason why this would be published. :/

message 15: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie Haha not going to lie I love the cover of this book, but I think I enjoyed your rant just as much! I really hope you don't discouarge from writing and keep up dispite how many rejections you get. I've recieved probably more then 60 including an agent telling me that I must stop taking the drugs I'm on unless they are prescribed by a doctor. I finally got a publisher accepting my second book (first was self published)! If you ever have questions I can try to answer them. However I have not read Eargon (however you spell it) and Halo but both I've heard had parents who have connections. Really the world is corrupt. I really can not handle whinny idiot main characters, there is a fine line between quirky and annoying.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Ottilie wrote: "Haha not going to lie I love the cover of this book, but I think I enjoyed your rant just as much! I really hope you don't discouarge from writing and keep up dispite how many rejections you get. ..."

I can't disagree with that, the cover is beautiful! Unfortunately, it's pretty much the best part of the book. :P Glad you enjoyed the ranting, though! Thanks for the encouragement :) I'm never going to stop writing … I mean, even if all the agents in the world reject me, I still can't help stop my heart from telling me to write (as corny as it sounds, it's true!) Saaaame. I have piles of rejections (well, virtual ones anyway, since they're usually in email form). Oh my gosh, an agent said that to you?! That's awful! But whoever they were, I doubt they're a good agent since that's a pretty unprofessional response! :P Congrats on finding a publisher! I'm taking a break from the whole process at the moment; I decided my book needs another round of thorough editing before I try sending it out again. But if I have any questions in the future, I'll let you know! Yeah, Eragon was also terrible. And his parents did help him a lot. :( So unfair. Hmph. I can't stand stupid main characters either. Sometimes there are exceptions, like if the plot and/or secondary characters are still engaging enough, but in this case there was really nothing driving the book along at all. She wasn't even "quirky" though, in fact she was quite the opposite … very blaaand.

message 17: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie My second story is getting published by a small publishing company and they don't use agents which I'm hoping to enjoy! Seriously that's awsome! Dont' give up and its not corny its true words! Yeah I saved the email of that agent to prove how unprofessional people are today and as motivation. My one friend alex seirously saved me from being upset that whole night after that rejection. I took a break for awhile and just focused on my actual writing also I think its good to just focus on what the real passion is then the process sometimes or your stories wont be fully filled with your heart. thank you though I've been so jittery and having trouble with focusing on school! I wrote most of my stuff in High School and working on them now, I purposly wanted to do this after I turned 18 because I wanted this to be fully me my stories are my babies, this is my dream, I will do as much as I can by myself, my pride I'm sure. Secondary characters I agree can be flawed. I can't do whinny. oh ew bland...

message 18: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie I don't bash other books, with my grammar skills I do not feel like I'm in a position to do so.

message 19: by Jana (new)

Jana Oliver I have to respectfully disagree with Melissa re: burning bridges by writing reviews before publication. It entirely depends on the review. If it is indeed a rant without any substantive basis, then it is possible an editor might fall across it and think negatively of the reviewer. However, as a published author, if I was to receive a review like Brigid's, besides consuming large quantities of single malt and cursing for the first day or so, I'd step back and reexamine how I write my stories. Reviewers see things the author doesn't. That's a valuable tool if you're willing to take the heat and the pain of a brutal review.

Brigid identified every weakness she spied in the writing and if I was an editor, that's exactly what I'd be looking for in a writer. Someone who could critically and methodically fix every clichéd point so someone wouldn't feel the need to pen a review such as this

Melissa is right in that as a published author I couldn't write a review such as this. I'd grumble to my friends about a book I disliked, but this level of honesty wouldn't make it out into the real world because it would be considered dissing another author. I haven't read HALO. I was going to, but I know now that I won't because all the points Brigid makes are the kind that drive me crazy. She, however, as a reader, spent valuable hours reading a book she didn't like. She should have the right to say why. And to be honest, if my book was going to be scourged by someone, I'd love to have Brigid's sense of humor wielding the whip. That way I could laugh while pouring myself another double.

message 20: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie Yeah I can't write an actual bad review of a book and I'd be nervous to read this for my book. I like critize feed back if that makes sense

message 21: by Jana (new)

Jana Oliver Unflattering reviews hurt. A lot. If the reviewer takes the time to actually explain the book's weaknesses, then bless them. The immediate reaction is, "How could you not understand my book?" (Actually, it usually involves a lot of swearing.) But if the input is laser precise, then you have to suck up your pride (hard to do) and see if the criticism is valid. If it is, someone has just done you a great favor. But it still hurts. After all, this is your "baby" and someone just told you it had serious warts and is probably going to grow up and be a kitten killer or something. Never pretty.

message 22: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie haha very true, its finding the balance of fixing that for your next story and realizing you can't please everyone

message 23: by Jana (new)

Jana Oliver Some will applaud, others will throw tomatoes. Which, writ large, is pretty much the story of our lives.

message 24: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie excatly

message 25: by Petim (new) - added it

Petim i was planning to buy this book, but after reading your review, it changed my mind. thanks for that hardcore review! :) now i can use my money to buy some book more worth it.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Melissa wrote: "I personally didn't love the book. However, I'm 26 and it was not intended for my audience. Still, to say that the author did not deserve to get published or that she did it because her parents are..."

I didn't say that she doesn't deserve to be published, just that she may have had some connections that helped her to get published. And I don't (at least, not yet), so yes, I'm bitter. I even admitted that in my review.

This review isn't supposed to be "professional". I'm just saying what I think. At least I backed up my opinion; a lot of people on this site might just write a "review" that says "oMG this book lyk ttlyy SUX!" If someone in the publishing industry were to read this review … well, first of all they'd be stalking me. But anyway, I wouldn't say this is "bashing" as much as it's picking the book apart. In my opinion, I think that at least shows that I know something about writing. Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only author to rant about books online. We've all got opinions. And it's not like I'm personally bashing Alexandra Adornetto. I'm sure she's a perfectly nice person. I just don't like her writing. End of story.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Jana wrote: "I have to respectfully disagree with Melissa re: burning bridges by writing reviews before publication. It entirely depends on the review. If it is indeed a rant without any substantive basis, then..."

Thanks for backing me up, Jana. Glad you enjoyed the review!

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Jana wrote: "Unflattering reviews hurt. A lot. If the reviewer takes the time to actually explain the book's weaknesses, then bless them. The immediate reaction is, "How could you not understand my book?" (Actu..."

That's true. If I read a review like this for my own book … I'd probably curl up in a corner and feel sorry for myself for a while. But hey, I've received some pretty harsh feedback before. It's all a part of being a writer. You have to grow a thick skin, and you have to learn not to take the criticism personally. You just can't please everyone. And for every person who loathes your story, there's another person (or a hundred people … who knows) who absolutely love it.

Lacey I have to go with Melissa on this one. I think your review was a little harsh. You need to respect the author and how much hard work she put into it. Seeing you yourself have written a book I'm sure you know how much work it took to get where you are now. Adornetto may have had connections but a publisher would have never published her book if it wasn't worthy of being published. I for one enjoyed this book, yes it lacked in areas but overall was a good book. I don't want to go against you and I really do hope you get published one day but try to refrain from bashing on other authors. Just think one day you might be published and how would you feel if you read a review like yours? Just think about it. Critique how you like but don't rant on about the authors history, get over it and review the book itself and give the pros and cons and make it a balanced review.

Sanny*just another day...* This review is the best ever. Love how ur not afraid to point the stupid things of the book out. I can't compliment this review enuf. I looked at the cover (so cliche *eyeroll*) and ur rite about Bethany's wings "bigass". P.S. I can NOT believe none of ur books have been published. Ur literature is SO good. I can't say enough about it.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Lacey wrote: "I have to go with Melissa on this one. I think your review was a little harsh. You need to respect the author and how much hard work she put into it. Seeing you yourself have written a book I'm sur..."

"Just think one day you might be published and how would you feel if you read a review like yours?"

Well, I can't say that it would make me feel warm and bubbly inside. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I can't change that. Of course I know that some people will bash me, once I become a published author. Heck, I've been bashed before and I'm not even published yet. It's a part of being a writer, like I've said. And it's not like I wrote "OMG THIS BOOK LIKE TOTALLY SUCKS" and gave no explanation. At least I was specific as to why I disliked it.

"Critique how you like but don't rant on about the authors history, get over it and review the book itself and give the pros and cons and make it a balanced review."

Not to be disrespectful or anything, but did you even read my review? I only "ranted" about Adornetto in the first paragraph (if about two sentences counts as ranting), but I spent about ten more paragraphs discussing all the pros and cons of the book.

Yes, I know it's harsh, but I'm just being honest. What am I supposed to do, pretend I love every book I read? I'm not trying to make a personal attack on the author, I just didn't like the book and I think I gave a reasonable explanation as to why.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Sana wrote: "This review is the best ever. Love how ur not afraid to point the stupid things of the book out. I can't compliment this review enuf. I looked at the cover (so cliche *eyeroll*) and ur rite about B..."

Thanks, Sana. Glad you enjoyed the review!

message 33: by Jem (new)

Jem your review SUCKED! i loved this book, and i know that you r intitled to your opinion, but you influenced others into not reading it! :(
I mean come on, it wasnt that bad, and if it really was that bad, why did u read it in the first place?!

message 34: by Kiki (new) - rated it 1 star

Kiki Brigid, darling, your review is absolutely wonderful. I, too, was grossly offended by this book, mostly because I felt like Ms. Adornetto was standing in front of me pointing her finger at me, telling me that I ought not to lose my virginity, like, ever, because then I'll totes be a ho!

I am also a teenage author-in-progress, looking for agents, re-editing, endlessly trying new tactics to ensnare an agent. I feel your exhausting pain, my dear, seeing this dreadful book on the shelves while my book (based on angels too, but with some actual work put into research, physics, and an actual plot) sits gathering e-dust on my hard-drive.

Tell me about your book. I'm interested in other teen authors. I suffer chronically from Killed The Cat Syndrome. The same affliction that forced me to read this garbage dump of a book.

Also--congrats! You have trolls. And not just any trolls; Halo trolls. Oh, I'm envious! They're such fun.

message 35: by Shep (new) - added it

Shep Hahaha! Excellent, hilarious review! This is on my TBR list but now Im not so sure if I want to read it...

message 36: by Shep (new) - added it

Shep And good luck to you on getting published! I'm also an aspiring teen writer, like you and Ryuk! :)

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Jem wrote: "your review SUCKED! i loved this book, and i know that you r intitled to your opinion, but you influenced others into not reading it! :(
I mean come on, it wasnt that bad, and if it really was tha..."

YOUR FACE SUCKS. Like really, are we in third grade here?

I'm not intentionally "influencing" anyone; I'm just giving my opinion. If people read the review and choose not to read the book, that's their choice. And my opinion is only one of thousands, is it not?

"I mean come on, it wasnt that bad" --> Errr, I think it was.

"and if it really was that bad, why did u read it in the first place?!" --> I guess because my psychic powers failed me the day I got it out of the library. Darn! I dunno about you, but I actually expect a book to be good when I start reading it. And if it's not good, then how is that my fault?

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Ryuk wrote: "Brigid, darling, your review is absolutely wonderful. I, too, was grossly offended by this book, mostly because I felt like Ms. Adornetto was standing in front of me pointing her finger at me, tell..."

Nice to meet ya, Ryuk. Thanks for reading/commenting! I'm also very interested in fellow teen authors. :)

Well, I have a bunch of projects I'm working on. Some of my writing pieces are posted here: http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/8...

And I also talk about writing on my blog: http://mylifeasateenagenovelist.blogs...

How about you? What do you write about? :)

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Scarlet wrote: "And good luck to you on getting published! I'm also an aspiring teen writer, like you and Ryuk! :)"

Thanks for commenting! And thank you––good luck to you as well! :)

message 40: by Kiki (new) - rated it 1 star

Kiki I write short stories here and there, Brigid darling, but I want to shoot for the stars. I'm writing a dystopian novel right now which is confusing and frustrating the hell out of me - but hey! We suffer for out art, my dear.

And it's wonderful to meet you too. I look forward to seeing our bestselling books sitting side by side in Chapters one fine day. Good luck!

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Ooh, nice. I wish I was better at writing short stories, but I suck at being concise. lol. That's awesome! One of the novels I'm working on (Rage) is also dystopian. It's a fun genre to write. :) Do you have anything posted on Goodreads (or elsewhere on the internet)?

Yes, that will be a fine day! Good luck to you as well. :D

message 42: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Brigid, you made my day. :D This is the most awesome review ever.

message 43: by Seth (new)

Seth You write better than this. In fact, I'm reading it right now. And, well . . . it sucks.

message 44: by Jess (new) - added it

Jess Like the review. Strong and furious words!!!

Book Chatter-Cath I gave up after about 100 pages of 'God only knows what to call it' that gave me a migraine. I'm so glad I didn't waste my time. Thanks for an honest review ~Cath

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Thank you Hannah, Seth, Jess, and Cath ... glad you found the review useful :]

message 47: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Bartness "I wouldn't have been surprised if Bethany's special ability had been to make magic sparkling bubbles come out her butt."

I think I might love this review, just because of this sentence. (But I really did hate the book.. It hurt my soul.)

Brianna I think this rant may be one of the best I've seen on this book, and that's saying a lot, because I love reading rants on Halo :P

And may I just say, I think anyone can write something better than that monstrosity.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Thanks for the comments, Brenda and Brianna! :) Brianna, I'm glad you enjoy my ranting ... I enjoy ranting. And I also enjoy reading rants about this book. XD

message 50: by Brizzalz (new) - added it

Brizzalz I honestly loved the book, and i think that you should propably get over yourself. just because you cant get published doesnt mean you have to be horrable to people who can.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12