Jennie Smith's Reviews > Hex Hall

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

May 23, 10

bookshelves: debut-2010
Read in May, 2010

Wow! This book is definitely one of my new favorites (I have so many now, but who cares?!). Hawkins’ has done an amazing job in creating suspense and drama around Hex Hall and all the characters we come in contact with and I cannot wait to see which branch she goes with next. I found myself laughing out loud at some of the lines and love that it was such a quick read. Being a fellow teacher, I love that Hawkins has an obvious knowledge of the language that teens speak. So often, authors try too hard to capture that natural flow, but I believe that Hawkins’ emersion in the classroom aided her in that.
The plot continuously flowed and I never found myself wishing it would hurry along. Sophie is a very believable character as are the others that we encounter. I am still wondering how or which way she is going to go because she did leave us tons of clues as to what could happen next. Sophie is a character that many can relate to because she is such a good friend, loyal and just makes an all-around great witch! Definitely a 5 star book for me!
Happy reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hex Hall.