Kasia S.'s Reviews > A Game of Thrones

2087548
Aug 01, 12

bookshelves: next-to-read, some-of-my-faves
Read from July 06 to August 01, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

Quotes Kasia Liked

George R.R. Martin
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

07/06/2012 page 1
0.0% "*cracks knuckles* okay here we go!" 3 comments
07/08/2012 page 40
5.0% "Very nice, getting into swing of things, trying to remember all names." 3 comments
07/09/2012 page 86
10.0% "I love reading this book and listening to music from Two Steps from Hell, quite fitting and majestic." 5 comments
07/14/2012 page 160
19.0% 3 comments
07/15/2012 page 203
24.0% "Intense book!" 5 comments
07/19/2012 page 351
42.0% "How the heck am I supposed to sleep at night when this book is so good?? Truly impossible to put down." 31 comments
07/23/2012 page 410
49.0% "Volcano of a story, love it." 13 comments
07/26/2012 page 436
52.0% "There is a woman here who seems either crazy or hormonal, either way she loves giving flying lessons..." 4 comments
07/27/2012 page 552
66.0% 14 comments
07/27/2012 page 583
70.0% 5 comments
07/29/2012 page 620
74.0% 1 comment
07/31/2012 page 712
85.0% "#$^%&@# war sucks, can't we all just get along?"
08/01/2012 page 732
88.0% "What the efff?? I want to cry now.. this author is evil, evil I say.." 8 comments
08/01/2012 page 835
100.0% "<3"
show 5 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mark Yeeha! Woohoo!

Kasia S. yippe horsey yippe.... laundry done, dishes done... I'm trying to relax before my shower, reading is definitely a great way to do that lol

Nick You wanted us to picture you in the shower, didn't ya?

Kasia S. Not really no, I've been catching up to housework and if I shower sweaty I feel like I keep sweating after I'm done... I just really love soap :)

Nick Really? That's a bit odd. Showers seem to stop me sweating.

Mark Whew, so much to get done in the day. The Febreeze opened up a buncha time, dinit? :P The only thing with Thrones, after you've read a couple of chapters in a row, it becomes hard to get all the brain-swirling to calm down! Keeping those alliances and silent-and-not-so-silent feuds straight. But I can't think of one that had so much going on yet still entertained like this one does!

Kasia S. Showers work a lot better if you're cool and calm when you start them, trust me!

Kasia S. Mark wrote: "Whew, so much to get done in the day. The Febreeze opened up a buncha time, dinit? :P The only thing with Thrones, after you've read a couple of chapters in a row, it becomes hard to get all the br..."

I did my laundry, but I'm still not done with it, I have a little pile I will tackle on Saturday.

I guess with all the online arguing I'm always involved in I have no troubles keeping up with the drama.

Nick Mark wrote: "Whew, so much to get done in the day. The Febreeze opened up a buncha time, dinit? :P The only thing with Thrones, after you've read a couple of chapters in a row, it becomes hard to get all the br..."

You could think of it this way: Everyone is scheming against everyone. Except Ned.

message 10: by Mark (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mark HAHAHA. Imagine it: HuffPo, for all of your organization/drama needs!

message 11: by Mark (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mark Nick wrote: "Mark wrote: "Whew, so much to get done in the day. The Febreeze opened up a buncha time, dinit? :P The only thing with Thrones, after you've read a couple of chapters in a row, it becomes hard to g..."

It does seem that way!

Kasia S. Ned is cool, so far he reminds me of my dad :)

HP - I'm the cafeteria lunch lady giving out knuckle sandwiches lol

message 13: by Mark (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mark Ned does seem like your Dad! I even visualize him in the book-role as opposed to the LOTR dude. :)

Knuckle sandwiches with extra Conan sauce?? :D That's the kind of meal you like to watch others enjoy as opposed to having it yourself :P :D

Kasia S. Mark wrote: "Ned does seem like your Dad! I even visualize him in the book-role as opposed to the LOTR dude. :)

Just the bigots and gay bashers, fascists and those who scream names at women with babies and no ring lol.

message 15: by Mark (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mark In a word: Republicans? lol

message 16: by Mark (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mark Oo, ooo, or: Dyersburgians? :P

Kasia S. Mark, did you see what Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) said about Romney? lol.. he said he's "the Thing, he only imitates human behavior, hes not actually human himself"... man I had a laugh!

message 18: by Nick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick Ahh, Mitt... I don't know how we survived having him as governor of Massachusetts.

Kasia S. He's always contradicting himself, John Stewart seems to find the best clips.

message 20: by Nick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick He's just... Mitt. That's the only way to describe him.

Kasia S. Massachusetts is awesome, I've only been there twice but I loved it.

message 22: by Nick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick Yeah, it's not bad. I need to get up to Boston more than I do. Or just move there. :P

message 23: by Kasia (last edited Jul 18, 2012 08:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kasia S. And you can dine at the Quincy Market! So heavenly I still remember it.

message 24: by Mark (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mark I haven't seen that about Hamill, but I'll look it up! :D Sounds hilarious! During the 08 primaries R reminded us of a robot, devoid of any kind of human emotion. Skywalker has the right idea. Now, if only one of those alien thingees would infest him and we could just set him on fire... >:D

message 25: by Nick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick I was in Boston this past winter with my sisters. We stopped in the north end, went to Quincy Market, and went to the Prudential Center. The Barnes & Noble there was drool-worthy, much better than the one in my town. They had all the books I had been looking for and I left with a copy of The Instructions, which was mammoth and shrink-wrapped.

message 26: by Mark (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mark EEeeeeeeeeee!

Kasia S. whut whut?

message 28: by Mark (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mark Five stars and finishing!

Kasia S. oh :)