Jenny's Reviews > The Body Finder

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

May 23, 10

bookshelves: 2010, mystery-suspense, young-adult, magical-realism
Read in May, 2010

The Body Finder really made an impression on me. I like watching a lot of crime documentaries like Dateline Investigates or 48 Hours and this book had that same sort of feel to it. There was romance with mystery and suspense which was thrilling and kept me on my toes while reading it.

What I liked most was Violet and Jay’s relationship. They’ve been best friends forever but Violet’s feelings for him have changed into something more. You can tell that they both like each other as more than friends but are hesitant to let each other know about their feelings. I connected with the two of them right from the beginning. There was so much romantic tension that built up between the two that I couldn’t wait till they finally got together…and when they did, I admit I went a little fan girl on them.

Along with Violet’s story, the author also included chapters told from the killer’s point of view. It was disturbing to read as you’re getting into the heard of a serial killer and also set my heart racing. You don’t know who he is but you learn about his habits and how he “operates”, especially when he’s on the hunt for his next victim. And just when Violet’s is sure that she’s uncovered who the killer is, there’s a big twist that I certainly didn’t see coming.

The Body Finder reads like a crime drama and with a straight forward plot. It’s great as a stand alone read but I just found out that there’s a second book being released in 2011 which I am now really looking forward to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body Finder.