Leah's Reviews > Fade

Fade by Lisa McMann

May 02, 10

bookshelves: 5-stars
Read in May, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Like with the first book of this series, I read Fade in a matter of hours. Fade is the second book in Lisa McMann's Wake Trilogy and just as good as the first one.

In Fade, Janie learns more about her dream catching abilities. She works with the cops, undercover, with her boyfriend Cabel. In the last book, they work together to bust a drug dealer, but in this novel, Captain wants their help in busting a sexual predator in their school. Using Janie as bait. Let's just say that Cabel does not approve of Janie's decision to act as the bait. In the end, they discover that her Chem 2, Psychology, and PE teachers are all sexual predators and Captain has them arrested. However, in the glory of the bust, Cabe and Janie go through a rough patch. In the end, though, they work it out and decide to go through their problems as they come.

Again, I loved Cabel's character. I understood his apprehension about Janie's situation, not only because it was a dangerous one, but because of all the loss he has faced in his life. He was, at times, overprotective of her, but that was, again, understandable. I didn't appreciate him practically bolting after they busted the teachers, but I was glad when he finally talked to her about what was doing with him. Despite that, though, I couldn't get over how much of a cutie he was and how much I loved him still.

Janie was an even more interesting character in this book. She has developed since her time in Wake. I was interested in learning more about her powers and was glad when she finally read that green notebook. It seemed like she was constantly yelling at Cabe in this book, though, and I didn't really appreciate that. When they worked out their stuff, though, at the end, I was glad she stood up to him and demanded to know why he was pushing her away.

I hated when Janie had the GHB in here. That was the worst part for me because of everything that happened with the teachers when she was under the influence of the date-rape drug.

One thing that was particularly satisfying: Janie and Cabel finally had sex. I was glad they finally did The Deed because, both in Wake and Fade, there was allll kinds of pent up sexual tension that needed to be taken care of and let out.

Again, I lovelovelove this book and eagerly await the time when I get my hands on Gone, the third book in the trilogy, even though I'll be very sad to see the trilogy end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fade.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Erica Smith I will be sad for this trilogy to end as well. I have already checked out Glow and Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan to fulfill the time after Dream Catcher Series.

Leah It was definitely sad to have it end. I don't read much YA but I really enjoyed this trilogy.

Erica Smith Leah wrote: "It was definitely sad to have it end. I don't read much YA but I really enjoyed this trilogy."

I'm doing a YA reading blitz all summer for my blog so I had to put my adult supernatural reading to rest for a few. YA books can be crazy sometimes.

Leah Oh, tell me about it! I can only handle YA in small doses. Sometimes I just can't deal with the immaturity of the characters, even though I know there are certainly teens out there who behave like that.

Erica Smith Leah wrote: "Oh, tell me about it! I can only handle YA in small doses. Sometimes I just can't deal with the immaturity of the characters, even though I know there are certainly teens out there who behave like ..."

Right on. Yep. I can relate only so much to YA audience because of my own teen years...I was so complex back then whoo!

Leah LOL. I'm just barely out of my teen years, but even still, I find it hard to relate to YA characters a lot of the time because I just don't see myself in them. I was much more mellow than most of them are. At least, I like to think I was. Heh.

Erica Smith Leah wrote: "LOL. I'm just barely out of my teen years, but even still, I find it hard to relate to YA characters a lot of the time because I just don't see myself in them. I was much more mellow than most of t..."

Haha I was mellow complex. Never silly, ah well :) sometimes.

Leah Hahah yeah, well, I guess all of us are silly sometimes.