Taracuda's Reviews > The Book of Spies

The Book of Spies by Gayle Lynds

Apr 25, 10

Read in April, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Dear characters in spy novels,
Have we learned nothing by now? Have countless movies and other adventures taught us nothing? If you don't make sure he's dead, the person trying to kill you will inevitably come back in an effort to finish the job. After all, he was trying to kill you before. Not killing him when you have the chance (TWICE!!) is unlikely to change his mind. At least you had the dignity not to act surprised when he showed back up.

Secondly, it's 2010. You should know that you can be tracked by a cell phone. Five years ago, I would have let you slide on a lack of tech knowledge, but not now. Have you never watched Law and Order?

In this case, I commend you for not quite falling into being Mary Sues. Yes, you're attractive, fit, and alarmingly skilled, but you managed to toe the line without crossing it, even with your respective tragic histories.

I enjoyed your adventures. I really did. They were well told and unexpected. But come one. Ditch those cell phones. Neutralize the people trying to kill you. I'll like you better for it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Spies.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Helen (new)

Helen But Taracuda,

Had I poked him with my big toe to make sure he was really dead, he would have grabbed me by the ankle! It's a no win situation.

Sincerely,

Spy novel character

Taracuda Hmmm. Kick harder next time?