Kaireyven's Reviews > Dark Legend

Dark Legend by Christine Feehan

Apr 25, 2010

it was ok
Read from March 15, 2008 to June 06, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Okay I finally finished this book! It literally took me TWO years! What happened was the beginning was interesting and promising. But, then the middle of the story was really lame and drug out. If you could abridge this book it would only be eight chapters long. When I finally got to the ending it seemed to pick up a bit. I was sadly disappointed after I finished the book. I felt empty after reading it. It was like a Carpathian took took over my mind and sucked all my blood out. The main bad guy who is suppose to be the main bad guy isn't so bad and even I saw that coming 1/3 through the book. There are other little baddies to deal with, but they were so insignificant to the plot. Christine Feehan is a good writer. What I mean by that is her ability to write a plot summary, and her word structure makes the story easy to picture. The two main characters "make love" like rabbits through out most of the entire book. It was good reading about it in the beginning, but then it got old quick. In some places in the book the author is redundant which can get really annoying. It was agonizing reading this book. I wanted to finish the book and move on to finishing others that I have. One of my New Years Resolutions this past year was to actually finish what I read, or have read. The only time I would really get to do that is in the summer when I don't have school and work. Anyway, sorry to get off track, but I will make another attempt at Christine Feehan's Dark series. The Carpathian race seems promising and interesting and I'm sure not all her books are like that.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Legend.

04/25/2010 page 210
04/29/2010 page 232
60.73% "The author tends to be a bit redundant..."