2/12/13 I just totally and completely love this book and I'm not go2nd time read: 2001 3rd time read: 2013
Whether adult or child! What a great fun read!
2/12/13 I just totally and completely love this book and I'm not going to write your typical review but just some highlights of what jumped out at me during this re-re-read. :)
- I found so amusing the bits where Lee Jordan was giving commentary during the Quidditch games. He was cursing out Slytherin at one point and McGonagall was practically wrestling to get the megaphone from him. I just laughed out loud!
- I forgot how much I really liked Lupin. You feel so bad for him and his lot in life, and he is so hard on himself and accepts it all. He's a very sweet man.
- I forgot that Crookshanks became "companions" or "friends" (or whatever you would call it.) with Sirius when he was in his dog form. That was interesting and I had completely forgotten about that.
- I felt bad all over again for Hermione when the boys weren't speaking to her after she told McGonagall about Harry's firebolt. That on top of how hard she was working doing the extra classes was so heartbreaking.
- And I had forgotten that Cedric Diggory was introduced in this book. And I found it funny that he was described as being so good looking and dreamy as far as all the girls were concerned.
Well, that's all for now. Maybe I'll add some more later. :)...more
4th go around, this book is as great as ever. If I am to be honest, this is my least favorite in the series. That doesn't say a whole lot, since I still love this book, though. But the darkness and evilness of the new Defense Against The Dark Arts Teacher, (view spoiler)[Delores Umbridge, (hide spoiler)] does get me! Great book though! Great series!
The first time that I read this book, I zipped through it way too fast and didn't feel like I gave it much of a chance. This time I took my time and rThe first time that I read this book, I zipped through it way too fast and didn't feel like I gave it much of a chance. This time I took my time and really got into it. I gave it an extra star with this reread because I really came away thoroughly enjoying this book. It's hard not to put yourself in Bella's shoes. She's your average girl, doesn't see herself as being very pretty, in fact in her last school the guys didn't even notice her. And here she is attracting the beautiful, Edward. Every teenage girls dream: as plain or ordinary that we might be (or think we are), to still attract a gorgeous boyfriend. My only criticism would be with the speed of their romance. On their first date, they are swearing their love for each other. But it's fantasy, not reality. Who knows how you would act if you were in love with a vampire, I guess. lol
3rd Read: I picked this book up again back in May when I was recovering from back surgery. Concentrating on books was difficult and I thought that rereading an easy book, that I had enjoyed previously would help me. It did, for the most part. I really wasn't able to immerse myself in a good book until July, but till then, I would pick this up here and there and the easy familiar story took me away. I don't think I would've picked this up to read again if it weren't for my lack of concentration during my recovery. But the book helped and I'm appreciative. (I'm back and forth about changing my rating to 3, but the book was there when I needed it, so I'll keep it the way it is.)...more
I really enjoyed this book in the Chronicles of Narnia series. I loved Caspian's story and how Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy are pulled back into NarnI really enjoyed this book in the Chronicles of Narnia series. I loved Caspian's story and how Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy are pulled back into Narnia to help him regain his rightful throne. We get to see old friend, make new friends and once again watch as the fate of Narnia is decided....more
2nd times a charm! Lol. First I read this with my son Sean, a few years ago, and now my younger son, Dylan is reading this for school as well. I alway2nd times a charm! Lol. First I read this with my son Sean, a few years ago, and now my younger son, Dylan is reading this for school as well. I always read the books with my boys what they are reading for school. So far this is the first repeat, but thats ok. I really enjoyed it....more