This was a great book! I couldn't stop myself from starting it while I was at work yesterday, and I've barely put it down since! I definitely need toThis was a great book! I couldn't stop myself from starting it while I was at work yesterday, and I've barely put it down since! I definitely need to read more books by this author!...more
Good ending to the series, I still enjoyed the second one better but I'm glad more of the questions were answered. I'm over the 'teen-speak' though thGood ending to the series, I still enjoyed the second one better but I'm glad more of the questions were answered. I'm over the 'teen-speak' though that seemed to have doubled in this book....more
In 2014 I read 73 books, not too bad considering I went back to school full time and was working at the same time. I bumped it down to 50 for this yeaIn 2014 I read 73 books, not too bad considering I went back to school full time and was working at the same time. I bumped it down to 50 for this year, so we'll see if I can complete that goal!
Number of Books You Read: 73 Number of Re-Reads: 6 Genre You Read The Most From: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
I read some pretty awesome books this year, and there was definitely more than one that I would consider the best because I can never choose just one favorite! (For series I'm just putting one book from the series)
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I was very excited to read The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler, but it didn't turn out the way I was hoping it would.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater surprised me since I didn't enjoy reading Shiver, but I wanted to give another of her books a chance and I'm really glad that I did.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
I don't know a lot of people with the same taste in books as me, so even though I gush a lot about the amazing books I just read and how everyone should read them, I try not to push but one of my friends recently read Cinder and enjoyed it so I'm happy about that.
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Best series started:Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs Best sequel:Cress by Marissa Meyer Best series ender:Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor & Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Patricia Briggs & Leigh Bardugo
I finally picked up the Mercy Thompson series a couple of months ago and I was instantly obsessed, and it's killing me that there is no cover or title or release date for the next book in the series.
Shadow and Bone had been on my radar for a few months before I bought it, a lot of people I follow on Goodreads and Instagram were posting about it and giving the books rave reviews and once I started reading it, I could not put it down.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I didn't read out of my comfort zone this year
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
By the time I got to the third Grisha novel I couldn't stop, it was too good
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I will definitely be re-reading the Mercy Thompson books, that series was just so good and it's not over yet thankfully!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
I can't choose just one
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
The Inside books by Maria V. Snyder, they're such great books
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
"They had an ordinary life, full of ordinary things--if love can ever be called that."
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest: Night of Cake & Puppets by Laini Taylor Longest: A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin
17. Book That Shocked You The Most (Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) (OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Cat & Bones forever!!!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Celaena & Nehemia
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Nothing was specifically recommended to me this year
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Didn't read any 2014 debuts this year
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The Grisha Trilogy had a wonderful setting different from most fantasy novels, spectacular worldbuilding.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Night of Cake & Puppets by Laini Taylor was the most adorable novella I've ever read. It doesn't get any cuter than Zuzanna.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
The end of Ruin and Rising had me tearing up a bit
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?