Not my favourite. Ada beberapa perkara yg ditelagahkan dalam minda. Mungkin ini hasil karya yg agak kurang matang berbanding yg lain.Bukan sebab skateNot my favourite. Ada beberapa perkara yg ditelagahkan dalam minda. Mungkin ini hasil karya yg agak kurang matang berbanding yg lain.Bukan sebab skateboard. Tp cara penulisan. Ada masanya rasa seperti ini "tulisan template Hlovate" - idea asas yg sama dgn tema yg berlainan. Apapunn....bolehlah. Tak cukup lg utk mentarbiyah minda. Byk dibebel melalui penulisan saja rasanya. Ikhlas, saya peminat tulisan Hlovate tp nukilan ini sedikit mengganggu persepsi....more
Ini review melalui Twitter (sambil baca KLCC) yang aku buat sepanjang perjalanan pergi balik kerja dari #KLCC ke Seremban selama 3 hari:
1. Cerita yg bIni review melalui Twitter (sambil baca KLCC) yang aku buat sepanjang perjalanan pergi balik kerja dari #KLCC ke Seremban selama 3 hari:
1. Cerita yg best terlalu best. Tapi walaupun ada cerita yg x best, masih average. Level x best kat #KLCC x seteruk #BOLA. Lebih baik dr #BOLA tapi belum sampai tahap #KOPI. #KOPI adalah detail & teratur. #BOLA adalah tergesa2 & tangkap muat.
2. Penulisan yg pakai idea2 besar tak semestinya hebat. Guna metafora tak semestinya seni. Yg simple itu yg "in" sebenarnya.
3. KLCC tak gila atau sosial dan songsang semata2. Kenapa balik2 baca org hilang akal je dlm buku ni? Ini antologi kot? ;)
4. Tulisan futuristik tak salah sampailah pembaca membezakan dgn filem yg pernah ditonton. Kadang2 kau baca sesuatu tapi rasa macam pernah tengok dalam wayang. Itu adalah sedikit "potong" sebab kau harapkan sesuatu yang fresh dan baru.
5. Aku terima tulisan yg cynical tp aku tak terima tulisan mengutuk dan bajet baik. Buang perkataan dan ruang je. Baik habiskan dengan menulis jalan cerita yang ada kena mengena. Penulis bajet urban kena buat research. Kalo setakat blaja kat Google/Twitter,mmg insulting jdnya. 2 Tiang 1 Jambatan. Fail. Macam mana failnya Jersi No. 7 dalam #BOLA. Bezanya aku tak koyakkan #KLCC macam mana aku koyakkan #BOLA.
6. Bukan semua ruang KLCC tu urban. Sebab tu aku suka Ripuk. Memenuhi citarasa aku 100%. Tak berpura2 tapi "sampai". Cerita dia cerita yang macam biasa kau baca tapi garapan dia dan kaitan dengan KLCC tu yang buat kau baca berulang kali pun tak apa.
7. Raikan KLCC. Kaitkan tema. Bukan utk melampiaskan keinginan utk buat "mini buku sendiri". Kadang2 pasal KLCC tu sikit. Tapi pasal cerita yang bercita-cita tu agak berlebihan. Last2, kat mana KLCCnya?
8. Good execution tp boleh jd lg baik. Harap lepas ni @BukuFixi dpt kaji kelebihan antara 3 antologi utk yg berikutnya. KLCC tu indah dan happy kot? Pulp Fiction tak semestinya depressing kan?
Dah review tapi malas pulak nak copy dan paste segala review itu di sini. Olahan bahasa yang baik, pandai mainkan perasaan, idea yang simple tak terlaDah review tapi malas pulak nak copy dan paste segala review itu di sini. Olahan bahasa yang baik, pandai mainkan perasaan, idea yang simple tak terlalu ambitious tapi cukup berimaginasi. Aku harap sangat aku boleh bayangkan watak2 dalam cerita ni. Tapi sayangnya, ending sangat terkejar-kejar seperti kebanyakan buku Dubook Press yang lain:(
Second book from Hathaway and I believe that this is better than Married by Morning. It is more organised with the love letters as the main attractionSecond book from Hathaway and I believe that this is better than Married by Morning. It is more organised with the love letters as the main attraction. I love Beatrix affection towards the animal, an alluring character in which makes the book interesting. Christopher Phelan's affection towards Prudence is the symbolic part where a hero does not necessarily have to be perfect. Naturally, a man prefers beautiful woman and so does Phelan.
I also like the fact that the all of the Hathaways are involved in this book (esp. Rye!) but it's not supposed to be surprising knowing that this is book number 5.
Yet, I don't find the nightmares, the haunting past as an attraction for Kleypas books anymore. We read about Harry Rutledge in this series and also the characters in Bow Street series which have the similar formula and too much in common.
I understand that some of the characters from the other series are connected, yet there are several connections to be made in order for me to understand further.
All in all, the book is good, I like love letters and surprises and pets...but it cannot go farther than average :)...more
It's amazing that when I tried to read the series backwards, the series will be a bit different. Frankly, I like the story line of Love in The AfternoIt's amazing that when I tried to read the series backwards, the series will be a bit different. Frankly, I like the story line of Love in The Afternoon in the beginning (which I believe is better than this) but I prefer the middle part of this book compared to the rest.
I couldn't help comparing Harry Rutledge with Jason Fielding from Judith McNaught's Once and Always for several reasons. The character, in my opinion, bore several resemblance and that made this book so familiar. However, since this is Hathaway and Hathaways are the additional characters in this book, I give a credit to more colourful background. It was sometimes too crowded but this was Lisa Kleypas book was all about.
Merripen was the least mentioned character and that's no so surprising as this happened in most books in Hathaway. Leo was for me, disrupting the image of Harry too much until I got fed up with his intervention.
Perhaps, that was the reason why I like Love In The Afternoon early chapters as Leo was not that much apparent. But at a later stage in this book, Harry appeared a bit more strongly and sweetly. And genius.
Reading this book has made me realised how much I liked Sebastian St Vincent in the Wallflower series and how much disturbed I was with Lord Westcliff. There would always be an over-dominant character in which it made heroism a bit messy. Maybe, that's just my opinion.
Great book despite the cliches. I wish Michael Bayning and Kilnoch were apparent enough, just like Nick Gentry and Vivian Duvall. The ending was a bit too rushy and simple....more
The last piece of Piatkus paperback and I managed to get it. It was such a relief. The cover was beautiful, the font was huge, and the size was just nThe last piece of Piatkus paperback and I managed to get it. It was such a relief. The cover was beautiful, the font was huge, and the size was just nice. I was a satisfied reader in that sense.
I was also glad that this book explained in detail and elaborated Mine Till Midnight (book 1). Even though Cam Rohan appeared in most of the scenes, it was not overpowering. The relations between each story and characters were properly distinguish. I would consider that this was one of the most neat artwork from Lisa Kleypas.
Yet, this was not that fun compared to Tempt Me at Twilight or Love in The Afternoon. It was sweet, romantic yet it was not as dark. Regardless, this was what differentiated this story from the other 4 in the series.
Besides, I did not need perfection in the characters. Temper, health issues and average looking heroes were just perfect. For me :) ...more