Elena and Raphael are so cute together and I love seeing how much he has changed since the beginning of the series. This was a fun scene with RaphaelElena and Raphael are so cute together and I love seeing how much he has changed since the beginning of the series. This was a fun scene with Raphael making a surprise appearance at a Guild Hunter party and he sure does know how to make an entrance!...more
I used to be a SJM fan girl & I absolutely adored Chaol but then Queen of Shadows happened and she ruined him. Add in the hot fucking mess of ACOMI used to be a SJM fan girl & I absolutely adored Chaol but then Queen of Shadows happened and she ruined him. Add in the hot fucking mess of ACOMAF and I'm actually pretty disillusioned with SJM as an author these days.
I do want to finish out this series eventually but I'm no longer as excited about it as I once was. I used to rabidly read SJM's books on release day but I've quit the ACOTAR series and I still haven't been able to bring myself to read Empire of Storms. I hate it when series go so horribly wrong :o(...more
I'm full of cold and I left it too long to write a full review of all the things that annoyed me about this book (I should have taken notes because there were a LOT!) but here's what I remember:
- In serious need of editing (missing words / incorrect words / poor spelling etc).
- Needed a continuity editor too (one minute her hands would be tied above her head then she'd be using them to touch herself, then they'd be tied again, clothes would vanish and reappear etc).
- Too much sex, yes I get that this is erotica but there are times when sex just isn't appropriate - like when you've been tied up and tortured. She was literally cut all over with a knife and had paint smeared into her wounds but when the supposed hero rescued her and was trying to clean her wounds all she could thing about was wanting sex. Seriously? You've got to be kidding me!
- Bad guys with nonsensical motives: they think the hero is guilty of murder and because he was found innocent they've decided to extract their own form of justice and kill him. That actually makes sense but what doesn't make sense is that they decide to torture his girlfriend and frame him for the attack to try and make him look guilty of the original murder. Well, I guess that makes sense too until I tell you that they're not wearing masks when they attack her so she knows it wasn't her boyfriend who did it. They say they're going to leave her alive yet they're not trying to hide their identities. How fucking stupid do these bad guys have to be?
- It's not like the hero is any brainier though. He lives on an island and 5 men come by boat to attack them. He knows there were 5, he knows he has taken down & tied up 4 of them but one has escaped. He's not used the boat so therefore he's still on the island somewhere but does the hero go looking for him? Nope he's too busy having sex with the heroine and then acts all surprised when guy 5 releases the other 4 and they all escape the island. Which again is stupid because if there are 5 of you why would you just leave the island and not ambush the hero and heroine when they're so busy having sex that they won't even hear you coming?
- Throw in the fact that the hero calls the heroine "his little Fuck Doll" throughout the whole story and I'm just done. He treats her like a blow up fucking doll and I'm supposed to find that sexy? Screw this book.