Recommend : If you enjoy books about Military Men saving the damsel in distress than give this a try.
Dare goes on a "trip" to find and retrieve his best friends' sister. Our first look into his world would be his recounting of the rescue mission. He managed to free Alani, Trace's sister, and all the other women kept locked up in the trailer in Tijuana Mexico. He also brought home a ... complication. The complications name is Molly and his protective nature seems to be in overdrive with her.
Upon waking up in a strange car with a stranger standing over her she greeted him the only logical way, a foot to his nose. Not only did this prove she was no wilting flower she made up Dare's mind to keep her close.Dare takes her to a hotel to get her cleaned up and ask questions. We get to see the gentle side to this giant. He not only purchases extra clothes and toiletries for her, but brushes out her knotted hair.
Molly is not about to waltz back into her normal life because she knows she was taken for a reason and that reason was not for slavery like the other girls. No, she was taken for a personal reason and therefore can not trust anyone. She did the only thing she could think of, hire the man that saved her.
Everyone is a suspect. Her uppity-know-it-all Father, her reputation-centered Step-mom, her only sister, the broke ex-fiance, and her disappointed readers. Too many people with to many motives. Can Dare figure out who arranged the kidnapping before she is taken again?
Dare Macintosh you have officially been entered into Bad*ss Hall of Fame!
Things I loved:
* Chris, Dares personal assistant, kept me laughing the whole time.
* Jett was also another favorite of mine. I can only hope that he gets his story with Natalie.
* This book does change point of view often but she does it so seamlessly that it adds to the story. I wish all books could be like this.
* I felt that Molly was vulnerable but still a strong female character. She didn't complain but took what life gave her and moved onward.
Things that I wasn't a fan of:
* Honestly, I have nothing. I loved the book and would recommend it to anyone.
"Life has sex in it, and I write about life, about people who face hardships and in the end triumph through it all. Any really good triumph deserves a lasting love, don't you think?" Before he could answer, she said, "Of course it does. And any lasting love has to have really hot, wonderful sex."
Overall it was a Hot read mixed with solving a case. This will keep all Romance and Mystery readers satisfied.