I knew what would happen, but I kept thinking that maybe I was wrong. And when it did happen, it really hurt. It was so sad and heartbreaking. Even:'(
I knew what would happen, but I kept thinking that maybe I was wrong. And when it did happen, it really hurt. It was so sad and heartbreaking. Even though it made me feel that way, I loved it. This book was simply amazing, and I wish everyone would give this book a chance....more
I had high expectations before I started this book. I can safely say my expectations were pretty much met. The book didn't blow my mind or leave me emI had high expectations before I started this book. I can safely say my expectations were pretty much met. The book didn't blow my mind or leave me emotional. (Not to say the book didn't make me feel anything. There were times I was happy and angry and worried.) But for the most part, I had a calm feeling. The setting even felt calming. I liked that.
I thought the author did great with the characters and relationships. They felt realistic and believable. There were times when some of the characters would say or do something that pissed me off. I thought they were being unfair, selfish, or stupid. But then later on, those same characters would say something that made me completely understand why they said what they said or why they did what they did. I'm glad for that. I never like going through books hating characters.
As for the main characters, Mikey and Ellie, I really liked them. I thought their relationship was done well. My favorite line in the book was from Ellie's brother Tom, the one being accused of the crime. He said this: "You want this to be a love story?" Well, I know I wanted it to be, between Mikey and Ellie. And after reading it, I think it is and more. The book's summary states it perfectly: 'It's a book about loyalty and the choices that come with it. But above all it's a book about love - for one's family and for another.'
Not everything is resolved by the end of the book. We don't exactly know what will happen to the characters, but it's not that hard to imagine. I don't believe the author left us hanging, which I'm grateful for. And like I mentioned before, the ending even left me with a calm feeling. So for me, it was a satisfying read, and I definitely recommend it....more
- It's way different than the usual paranormal! Your first ind My review can also be found on my blog Collections.
Reasons you should read Hunting Lila:
- It's way different than the usual paranormal! Your first indication should be the lovely cover, which doesn't feature the cliché moody-looking girl wearing a prom dress in the middle of the woods. ;) And how can you not be lured in by the cover? Those red heels are HOT!
- American characters speaking fancy British words like mum (for mom) and vest (for undershirt) and using what we Americans like to call military time. It's always good to brush up on your British! If you're a clueless American like me, of course. ;D
- Jack and Alex (do yourself a favor and click that link!). Normally I get turned off by male characters named Alex because well...I have a similar name and it's weird to me if I start swooning over a character that basically has the same name as me... But this Alex is the exception! hehe Anyway. *ahem* Jack and Alex, two very fine military men. Marines, to be exact. Damn. *fans self*
- And most importantly, you don't want to miss out on a fast-paced and action-packed story (there's guns and fast vehicles!) with awesome characters and a pretty sexy romance (NO love-triangle in sight! Heck yeah!). I totally believe this book would make a great movie or TV series. I heard film rights were already sold so it's well on it's way!
Really, you don't want to miss out on this book! I'm already eagerly anticipating the sequel Losing Lila, which will be published in August 2012. :)...more