Kelly Sherman
Kelly Sherman asked:

This book was originally published in the 1980s. Is there follow-up research on this topic (influence)? The book ends by eluding to how technology (the personal computer) is pushing us to make decisions even faster. Is there newer research about how computers and (more importantly) social media applications are used in influencing us; how is technology used to influence us, by exploiters and non-exploiters alike?

paulette marquette I think you mean "alluding to"
Bill Yeadon Well after all these years Cialdini has written a follow up (Yes not included).
Pre-suasion can be considered a continuation but it is really about how to set up the persuasion with particular questions that prime the person.
It is a great book but as I think Influence may be one of the best books ever written I can't put it in the same category.
Image for Influence