Comments on Best Books Ever - page 4

Comments (showing 151-200 of 4,071) (4071 new)


message 151: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey Denton I think this list IS disporportionate in favor of LDS people, and I'm one! But I think ANY internet vote-in list is not much of an accurate representation, because perhaps certain types of people congregate to certain internet sites. Please don't hold it against us. :)


message 152: by Laidel (new)

Laidel Pilapil Tori wrote: "Where are the rest of the good books? I don 't even see most of my favorite books on here. And the book of Mormon is number one? I really don't think so."

i agree with you on this..




message 153: by Tobi (new)

Tobi Obaro Aubrey wrote: "I think this list IS disporportionate in favor of LDS people, and I'm one! But I think ANY internet vote-in list is not much of an accurate representation, because perhaps certain types of people c..."

Shut up.


message 154: by Sbluea328 (new)

Sbluea328 i love twilight its full of interest


message 155: by Saralyn (new)

Saralyn Why the Book of Mormon?
Mormons are taught to be educated and so the Mormon population is filled with readers. And so I'd say the results of this poll give an accurate reflection of the number of Mormons and Mormon tastes on the site.
You'll notice right below it is the ever-painful "Pride and Predjudice" which is THE book to read if you live in a Mormon town. Below that is Twilight which is written by a Mormon author...
It wasn't much of a surprise to me.


message 156: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm laughing at some of the books here. "Best books ever" =/= most popular. I would understand if Twilight and the King James Bible was on a list of popular books (okay, still don't get the King James Bible, but Twilight seems to be popular), but a list of "best books ever"? Laughing so much!

And I really don't get the Mormon book :P but I do love me some George Orwell :D


message 157: by Kristi (new)

Kristi How did Twilight get on the list with the rest of the amazing literature?


message 158: by Ann (new)

Ann The good thing about books is everyone is different. Choose what you like. You should never knock a book you haven't read. It shows that you are un-informed. Give it a try before you say anything bad about it.


message 159: by Kristi (new)

Kristi I have read all of these and liked twilight... but I don't think it should be on a list of best ever books.


message 160: by Bettie☯ (new)

Bettie☯ Amber wrote: "This list is a joke!"

yes it is, it must be - I spat my drink out in laughter at the results.


message 161: by Bettie☯ (new)

Bettie☯ Greg wrote: "Wow, some of these folks need to read more. Or age more. Or go to school, or something. I mean, really."

It's frightening and scary and my flabber is well and truly ghasted.


message 162: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Kirsten wrote: "I'm annoyed with Twilight. Extremely

And where is The Shack?"


I so Agree with you Kristin! Twilight is so random and strange!



message 163: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Molly wrote: "Ah the stupidity of lists. You'll notice the Best and Worst lists are almost identical. "

I know! What is up withthat?!? It freaks me out!



message 164: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Elizabeth wrote: "If you're groaning or confused about The Book of Mormon being at #1, I ask - have you ever read it? It's a fair question... I do agree w/the Twilight comment though - UGH. But hellooo, Farenheit ..."

I know! Farenheit 451 is so cool! My mother read it and she was talking about it for weeks! I need to read it now...



message 165: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Why r u so "annoyed" with Twilight?


message 166: by Carla (last edited Mar 03, 2009 03:20PM) (new)

Carla Elisabeth wrote: "It seems to me, these lists would be better named My Favorite Books and Books I Hated?"

Yeah I agree, as a new person to this site I think that I viewed the lists as books I had read and liked not looking at them as OUTSTANDING works. Sorry, maybe this site is not for Me


message 167: by Alice (new)

Alice Cullen I LOVE TWILIGHT DO YOU? IT IS MY FAV GAME


message 168: by Alice (new)

Alice Cullen I MEAN MOVIE


message 169: by Adeeba (new)

Adeeba Leslie wrote: "Twilight is number 4? Give me a friggin break people!!! Entertaining? Slightly. A classic piece of literature? Absolutely not! "

I know what you mean, when I saw that it ranked 4th I was shocked. Especially when scrolling to see that Lord of the Rings was in 5th and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was in 8th. I am relieved to see that at least Pride and Prejudice beat it. Though I am wondering how 'The Book of Mormons' got 2nd place. XD (No offense to Mormons.)




message 170: by Maria (new)

Maria Abraham's Cave

Abraham's Cave is a great adventure book that stretches your imagination through time, and makes you really think. Very exciting and stimulating novel! A must read.


message 171: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Do you have a favorite book?


message 172: by Maria (new)

Maria Nana wrote: "Do you have a favorite book?"

I absolutely love Tarzan books. Some critics and educators have said he doesn't write well. But, my 10th grade english teacher started me reading his books. I have read all 24 that he wrote. He has an amazing command of English, Spanish and French. You don't pick up on it unless you know those languages. But, the suspense, imagination and words he chooses is very enjoyable... not to mention, his description of the Jungle Lord... Tarzan! Ayayay!


message 173: by Maria (new)

Maria Maria wrote: "Nana wrote: "Do you have a favorite book?"

I absolutely love Tarzan books. Some critics and educators have said he doesn't write well. But, my 10th grade english teacher started me reading his b..."


What is your all time fav?



message 174: by Tracy (new)

Tracy I need a book that will sweep me off my feet. A book that will keep me interested throught out. Any suggestion(s)?


message 175: by Sami (new)

Sami I definitely think that way too many people are overly obsessed with Twilight. I mean, its just a book. I've read better.


message 176: by Maria (new)

Maria Sami wrote: "I definitely think that way too many people are overly obsessed with Twilight. I mean, its just a book. I've read better."

like what?



message 177: by Jazmine (new)

Jazmine WEll, everyone has different tastes in books, you know. Some people such as myself are in love with Twilighlt others might take interest in something else. This list isn't really the best books because saying something is the best is an opinion, this is just a list of books that people think of as the best books they've read. MOre like a popularity thing really. You can't a factual best books list since everyone likes different books.


message 178: by Fredino (new)

Fredino Bruce-
I actually liked Twilight. A lot. But I have to agree that there are "better" books out there. Books that have more meaning.
I'm really beginning to hate this site. And these lists. Why am I wasting my time here?


message 179: by Jazmine (new)

Jazmine Fredino wrote: "Bruce-
I actually liked Twilight. A lot. But I have to agree that there are "better" books out there. Books that have more meaning.
I'm really beginning to hate this site. And these lists. Why a..."

i agree. i'm getting annoyed, too. if only people could understand this is just an opinion not fact like i said before





message 180: by Andrew (new)

Andrew The Book of Mormon is up there because LDS people love it. I'm one, and I certainly do. However, the bible and book of mormons are sort of gives if your religion matches to it but if it doesn't just look at the other books. The list looks alright, by the way, besides the fact that Twilights up there. Mys sisters OBSESSED with it, so I read it, and it wasn't half bad. At least the story. The writing was far to repetetive and didn't have much of a meaning.


message 181: by Jazmine (new)

Jazmine Andrew wrote: "The Book of Mormon is up there because LDS people love it. I'm one, and I certainly do. However, the bible and book of mormons are sort of gives if your religion matches to it but if it doesn't jus..."
But don't you agree that this is just an opinion, like a popularity thing almost



message 182: by Connery (new)

Connery The people putting Twilight on here have obviously only read those books for them to be the greatest...


message 183: by Jazmine (new)

Jazmine People this is just an opinion/popularity thing. not a fact! get over it! geeze!


message 184: by Kory (new)

Kory What's the deal people? Isn't a title like Best Books Ever extremely subjective by nature? What's with all the hate?


message 185: by Jazmine (new)

Jazmine Kory wrote: "What's the deal people? Isn't a title like Best Books Ever extremely subjective by nature? What's with all the hate?"

Thank you! finally somebody gets it!


message 186: by Holly (new)

Holly These lists are laughable, but really The Book of Mormon and the Holy Bible...Ugh!


message 187: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Kirsten wrote: "I'm annoyed with Twilight. Extremely

And where is The Shack?"


Twilight. as for Twilight; well... if im ever discussing great literature with friends and they all decide that Twilight and the King James Yadda Yadda bible version are equal, in a literary sense, to, say, 1984 or any of the other great books on this list, i will find myself thinking, "do i really want to know these people?" now, i understand liking these books. i do not. thats fine. thats not the point though. you cannot argue that a cheap pulp fiction teen girl's love fantasy or a badly translated Torah (also not that great for literature) with some more stuff added on are better than a true classic, such as 1984, the great gatsby, even ender's game (<----not as much of a classic) or almost any of the other books on this page. Religion is great, but please, people, think about the actual literature, not just beliefs. and also just cause your best friend likes vampires enough to vote for it doesnt mean you should too.... or for that matter not read anything else..... im done.


message 188: by Nahid (new)

Nahid Daryani Please forgive my unntural English writing.I think Every person is unique.They have different opinion about books that they read and other matter.I respect thier opinion and thier like and dislike. These diffrent comment on books is realy wounderful I enjoy reading them please continue.


message 189: by Andi (new)

Andi St. I really enjoyed the series with Twilight being the best. I am a little surprised that i am voting for a pop culture book as an all time favorite, especially compared to the others that I have chosen.


message 190: by Cayla (new)

Cayla I have read the Book of Mormon and thoroughly enjoyed it. I recommend it to everyone. Congratulations on making 2nd most voted book. Obviously it made the list for a reason and everyone should stop being so sour about it. Instead read it and find out why it is so awesome. If you haven't read it, then you have no reason to comment negatively. It has great life lessons in it. It's remarkable. The Bible is a classic. Give the Book of Mormon a chance.


message 191: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Cox I bet over half of you criticizing have not even READ it. which is so sad. i love it. i read it every day and never get bored of reading it! you need to STOP criticizing what you havent even read.ok?


message 192: by Ruby (new)

Ruby Cox I bet over half of you criticizing have not even READ it. which is so sad. i love it. i read it every day and never get bored of reading it! you need to STOP criticizing what you havent even read.ok?




message 193: by Joseph (new)

Joseph I personally have no problem with the book of mormon. I'm not mormon, but i have read it, and the reason I think its ok on this list (though I would definitely not put it so high up) versus the king james bible, which i would not put on this list for two reasons; 1) it is a translation. i wouldnt put the japanese version of 1984 on here. when you are discussing literature, a translation (especially one that did so horribly) has serious negative points, because the way its written is different. 2) its less like a book. the book of mormon can be read more like a story. the bible cannot, and thats because the bible has an entire section devoted to just listing the rules.


message 194: by Cayla (new)

Cayla Boy, you're intelligent. (NOT)


message 195: by Andi (new)

Andi St. Toby, I think you just deminished your intelligence credibility with your comment. Crude language generally does not give one credibility, especially when used over and over again. Your point would have been much more effective if expressed out instead of cussing someout. ---Just my unsolicitated comment.


message 196: by Joseph (new)

Joseph i agree with Andi. the point Toby was trying to make was that its silly to assume that we havent read the book of mormon and thats why we dont like it. I've read it, i didn't like it. this point would have had more value if said in a less idiotic way.


message 197: by Jazmine (new)

Jazmine Russ wrote: "Jazmine wrote: "Twilight is the best book I've read in my entire life! It is awemazing! I love the whole saga and Edward Cullen!"

I would certainly love to see the other awemazing books you've rea..."


What do you mean long life? I'm barely a teen. And don't go taking out your anger on me, I did I, personally, love it though I'm sure lots of people hated it. Just accept that everyone has a different opinion. Key word: opinion. Stop putting people down because of theirs. Say you hate it, the end. Don't go critisicing others for their opinions when we don't go criticizing yours



message 198: by Tobi (new)

Tobi Obaro Andi wrote: "Toby, I think you just deminished your intelligence credibility with your comment. Crude language generally does not give one credibility, especially when used over and over again. Your point wou..."

Man, once you go to about twenty or so sites, and on every site theres stupid ass preteen girls who are saying that the only reason you don't like the damn book is because you haven't read it, you reeeally reach your limit.

I'm sorry that this is the site I finally lost my temper on, but after holding it in and being patient for so long, I'm just tired of people who cant accept that sometimes, a book is just bad.

Twilight fans in particular cant seem to wrap their minds around the possibility that the book is a piece of crap, and just say that someone hasn't read it. Or that we are just jealous or some stupid shit like that. It's been going on for too long and I'm very, very tired.


message 199: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Josef wrote: "Todd wrote: "Best and worst list are certainly not meant to be definitive. Best and worst are so subjective. They are merely meant to elicit conversation and thought which they obviously have don..."

Amen to that!




message 200: by James (new)

James This list is THE MOST ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Best books ever and these are options... seriously?


back to top