Help > Mobile
1) Start on the main app page.
2) Tap 'My Books' the second option from the top.
3) Tap on the shelf the book is on.
4) Tap on the book's title.
5) Scroll down to the "My Review" section.
6) Tap 'edit review'.
7) You'll see 'date finished' and 'date started' on the top. Tap 'not set' or the date (if there is one already) to update it.
8) Enter the date and tap 'Set'.
This problem occurs when the time on your Android device is incorrect, which is most often due to your time zone setting (PDT, EST, etc) being incorrect. Goodreads turns down important requests when your clock is too far off as part of protecting your account.
For example, let's say you're in California and it's 3:00 PM. Your Android time reads 3:00 PM, but the time zone is set to "Eastern Daylight Time". Since it's 6:00 PM on the East Coast, your clock is actually three hours behind.
Here's how to fix the time:
- From the Android home screen, press on Android's menu button.
- Choose "Settings".
- Choose "Date & Time," which is usually near the bottom of the list.
- Ensure that the date, time zone, and time are all correct.
Yes, we have an iPhone app, and here is the link to download it!
We also have a great mobile site, which you can bookmark on your iPhone or mobile device. The mobile site works with most phones capable of browsing the internet, and is especially optimized for the iPhone and the BlackBerry. To add a bookmark to your iPhone, open an internet browser, navigate to http://www.goodreads.com/m then push the bookmark (+ button) and select "add to home screen".
Yes, you can now sign into the NOOK and Android Apps through Facebook! Just tap the Facebook connect icon on the sign-in page.
1) Navigate to the page of the book you'd like to update.
2) Within the "My Review" section, tap on the line that reads "Add a status update". If you've already updated your status on the website, it will list "Progress..." instead. Tap on that.
3) A window will pop up. Enter your progress and tap "submit".
We are currently working to add support for Google and Twitter log-ins, so stay tuned!
In the meantime, if you normally sign in through Twitter or Google and you'd like to use these apps, you will have to create a Goodreads login.
1) Sign into Goodreads as normal using your Twitter/Google login on the computer.
2) Head to the "edit profile" option (located in the drop-down menu to the right of your profile pic in the header).
3) Under the "settings" tab of the account page, there is a space for you to fill in your email address and a password. As soon as you fill these in and save, you should be able to login using this email and password on the website, the Nook/Android app, and the mobile website.
If you see an "Unable to install" message when trying to run the Goodreads app on the NOOK Color then you need to replace it with the new version from the Apps shop. Here are the steps:
- In the "apps" screen, press and hold the Goodreads app icon. A menu will appear.
- Choose "Archive". The old version of the app will now be archived.
- Go to the NOOK Color Apps shop by tapping on "Discover More NOOK Apps"
- Search for "Goodreads" using the search feature at the bottom of the screen. The only Goodreads app in the results is the new version (1.6.1 or higher).
- Choose and install this version.