Help > My Account
To cancel your account on Goodreads:
1. Select edit profile from the drop-down list next to your picture in the header.
2. Select the "settings" tab.
3. Select the "delete my account" link at the bottom of the page.
Your personal account data, the list of books you've shelved, and your friends list will be removed from the site.
If you are an author, you may delete your account in the same way. Please note, however, that this will only remove your personal account data (books you've rated and reviewed, your friends, and account information). Deleting your personal account will not remove your author profile or the records and reviews for the books that you have authored.
If you are not receiving emails from Goodreads, please check your bulk or spam folder. Also make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to help ensure deliverability. Making sure your email address is verified in your account may also help.
To verify your email address, go to your "edit profile" page and select the "settings" tab. If your email address isn't verified, you'll see a red message next to it - click "re-send verification email".
If you've done all that, email notifications such as the friend update email, daily group digests, or message notifications may be blocked by your ISP or email provider, so you may want to contact them.
To change the frequency (daily or weekly) or unsubscribe from the Goodreads update email or any other email, click on edit profile at the top right corner of Goodreads, then click the "emails" tab. All email settings can be controlled on this page.
1) Click on the arrow next to your profile pic in the header.
2) A drop-down menu should appear. Click on edit profile.
4) Edit your email address in the email address field and save.
All the privacy settings on Goodreads are found by clicking edit profile from the drop-down menu to the right of your profile pic in the header. On the settings tab, you can select who can view your profile, last name, and email address, and send you messages.
If your profile is private, only your friends and members you are following can see your profile. This includes your profile data, book shelves, profile comments, and your friend list. Your first name and image thumbnail are still available in some areas of site. Your book reviews will also still be available on each book page. Note also that author profiles cannot be made private.
Goodreads uses a variety of ad networks to serve advertisements on the site, which means occasionally things slip through that we can't control. We do try our best to keep our ads relevant, appropriate, and useful to members.
We ask our ad networks not to include disruptive ads, but sometimes one slips through. Please help us by reporting any ads that match the following:
* Auto-expanding or auto-sound ads
* Ads that expand or play sound on mouse-over (on-click is fine)
* Ads that contain nudity or other offensive material
If you find one, please send a screenshot and the ad's destination url to email@example.com, and we'll do our best to block it as soon as possible.
1) Go to your edit profile page.
2) Select the emails tab.
3) At the top of the page, find the option titled: "Email me new reviews from friends."
4) Select the option for "never."
5) Scroll down until you see "save email settings," and click that button to save your changes.
We take spam very seriously, and we do our best to stop it, but we can't always prevent it all. We appreciate users' assistance in bringing spam to our attention.
The best way to let us know that a review, message, comment, or other item is spam is to flag it. If for some reason the item cannot be flagged, you may also use the contact us page to let us know about a problematic post or user.
You can sign up for a Quote of the Day email subscription on the main Quote of the Day page. The "subscribe" button should appear in the lower right-hand corner (unless you are already subscribed).
You can also subscribe by visiting your "My Account" page and clicking on the "emails" tab. Scroll down to nearly the bottom of the page, where there will be a "Send me the daily Quote of the Day email" option (underneath the "newsletter and other mailers" header). Make sure you "save email settings" before navigating away from the page.
Members who have not yet added friends will receive "Recent Updates from the Community" in lieu of friend updates on their homepage. As soon as you start adding friends, these community updates will be replaced by updates from your friends.
If you are trying to sign in or sign up for Goodreads and are getting a message "Sorry, your session timed out - please try again. Please also make sure you have cookies enabled.", this is an indication that your browser is not accepting cookies from Goodreads. Please make sure that cookies are enabled for all domains - or if you restrict certain domains make sure that Goodreads is whitelisted.
To change your app settings, select "edit profile" from the drop-down menu to the right of your profile pic in the header. Then click on the "apps" tab and follow the instructions. You can then enable/disable each available app.
Goodreads has future plans to translate the site into other languages. Stay tuned!
Currently, there are a few languages in the settings area that you can choose: English, Spanish, French, and German. These language have very little if any translation to date, but you may see little things translated, such as month names in forms. We hope to build upon this going forward.
I should be on one of the top lists ("top reader", "top librarian", etc), but it's not showing up on my profile. Why?
As our top lists are organized by country, users can't participate unless they choose to make their location visible to everyone. Otherwise, showing that someone ranks in the "top readers of the US" would give away the user's residence in the US, even though the user had chosen to keep his/her location private.
If you'd like to be eligible, you can change your location settings on your "edit profile" page. The stats should start showing up on your profile as soon as they refresh (about once per week).
If you notice abusive content on the site, you can usually click a small "flag abuse" link to alert the Goodreads community managers. Here are the guidelines we use to decide whether or not to delete content that's been flagged as abusive:
We do not delete:
- Content for bad language alone.
- A review because it has a negative opinion of the book.
- Spoilers (we may flag reviews as spoilers if we can tell, though)
We do delete:
- Extremely offensive content, such as pro-Nazi, pornography, child abuse, etc.
- Reviews or posts that are extremely off-topic and irrelevant.
- Reviews or posts that contain a slanderous personal attack on another member. Content that is argumentative is fine, so the post must be extreme in its malicious attack on another member.
- The account of any member who is a scammer or an outright spammer. We make sure to check if they use the site first.
Note that these are only guidelines, not rules. If you accidentally flag something as abuse and it clearly wasn't abusive, don't worry, we can tell!
If you are experiencing bullying, please start by blocking the member. This will prevent them from interacting with you. Scroll to the bottom of their profile and click "Block this member." If this member continues to bully you through other means, please report it to us by emailing support at support at goodreads dot com. If you feel a review is bullying you, please flag it.
1) On the top right of Goodreads, you'll see a drop-down arrow. Click on that.
2) Select edit profile from the menu.
3) On the right side of the resulting page, click "choose file" (it's under the brown "no photo" box).
4) Browse your files to select an image.
5) Click "upload photo".
Yes, you have to be thirteen years old or older to sign up for Goodreads. This is a requirement of all social networking sites. Federal law (COPPA) has dictated that the legal age of consent to participate in a social networking site is thirteen years old.
After months of careful exploration and thought, we have made the sad decision to put Goodreads Bookswap on indefinite hiatus as of October 31, 2011. You can read more about our reasoning in the official announcement.
Bookswap closed at the end of October, but if you were charged for a book and you never received it, you can still get a refund. Please contact us with the book titles in the swap and we'll look into the matter.
1. First, create a Facebook Fan Page for your group, if you don't already have one.
2. Next, connect to Goodreads using Facebook connect or add the Goodreads Facebook App
3. Navigate to the Goodreads App Page
4. Click on the gear to the top right of the page.
5. Select "Add to my Page" from the menu.
6. Navigate back to your Facebook Page and select the Goodreads box at the top.
7. Select type Group Page and choose your group. You may only select a group you are a moderator of. Save and you're done!
To change or remove your profile picture, select “edit profile” from the drop-down list in the top right corner of Goodreads. Below the picture you will see "delete/change photo". Click on that to delete the existing photo. You will then have the option to upload a new photo.
You can go here and click the "delete" link next to the stored card.
To add a book catalog (bookseller, library, or other online catalog), you'll want to fill out the form here. The directions for filling out the form are on the right side of the page.
Once your link is approved, it will be listed in the options for members to customize their links. Links are shown in the order of the number of people who have added them.
Note that only fully comprehensive catalogs that support ISBN-search will be accepted. A publisher website that only lists a few books should not be submitted.
If you are getting the message "Email has already been taken" while trying to sign in, it is likely you are trying to sign up rather than sign in. Please click here to sign in. If you haven't signed up for Goodreads yet, this means someone has registered with your email address. To login to that account, use the forgot password page to retrieve your password and login.