By posting or submitting any Work on or to the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, to Goodreads a royalty-free, sublicensable (solely as required to publish the Work in connection with the Service), transferable (solely to a successor to Goodreads’ business), revocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and (for formatting purposes or to conform to system requirements only) modify and make derivative works of the Work and your name, voice, and/or likeness in connection with the Work, in whole or in part, on and through the Service, and to permit and authorize Users to download the Work as specified by you through settings we may make available to you on the Service. You may terminate this license by removing the Work as permitted by the Service, provided that we may archive or cache the Work for a commercially reasonable time after removal.
In addition, for any Work that you submit for sale (rather than free distribution) to Users via Goodreads (referred to here as the "Work for Sale" program), the following terms apply.
Work for Sale Terms
- You may select the option to offer your Work through the Work for Sale program and set or change the sale price for the Work as permitted by the settings we may make available to you on the Service. You may remove your Work from the Work for Sale program at any time as permitted by the settings on the Service.
- Goodreads will make the Work available for sale on the Service as Goodreads deems appropriate.
- Goodreads will pay you a percentage of the Revenues (as defined below) that Goodreads receives for the sale of your Work. Goodreads may change its pricing and/or payment structure at any time upon written notice to you. If you do not accept a change made by Goodreads to the pricing and/or payment structure, your sole remedy shall be to terminate this Agreement or immediately remove your Work from the Work for Sale program as permitted by the settings on the Service. "Revenues" means the amounts actually received by Goodreads for the sale of the Work in ebook form via the Service, excluding any applicable taxes, refunds, payment processing fees, and costs of collection. Goodreads currently pays 70% of Revenues to the author.
- You authorize Goodreads to sell the Work free of digital rights management under a perpetual and freely transferable license to the User.
- You authorize Goodreads to make a preview of the Work, created by Goodreads in its reasonable discretion, available for viewing on the Service at no charge.
- Unless otherwise agreed by the parties in writing, Goodreads shall remit payments due to you hereunder no later than thirty (30) days after the end of each calendar quarter in which the applicable fees are received. Payment will be in the form you select when you register for the Service, or as subsequently updated as permitted by the Service. Payments will only be made in those quarters in which the amount due to you totals at least $50. Unpaid amounts due will accrue until the next quarter in which the amount due is at least $50. Goodreads reserves the right to withhold payment or charge back to your account any amounts otherwise due to us under this Agreement, or amounts due to any breach of this Agreement by you, pending Goodreads’s reasonable investigation of such breach. To ensure proper payment, you are solely responsible for providing and maintaining accurate contact and payment information associated with your account, which includes without limitation applicable tax information. If we believe that we are obligated to obtain tax information and you do not provide this information to us after we have requested it, we may withhold your payments until you provide this information or otherwise satisfy us that you are not a person or entity from whom we are required to obtain tax information. Any third-party fees related to returned or cancelled payments due to a contact or payment information error or omission may be deducted from the newly issued payment. You agree to pay all applicable taxes or charges imposed by any government entity in connection with your participation in the Service. If you dispute any payment made hereunder, you must notify Goodreads in writing within thirty (30) days of such payment. Failure to so notify Goodreads shall result in the waiver by you of any claim relating to such disputed payment. Payment shall be calculated solely based on records maintained by Goodreads. No other measurements or statistics of any kind shall be accepted by Goodreads or have any effect under this Agreement. We may withhold any taxes or other amounts from payments due to you as required by law.