Rick’s review of Out of Oz (The Wicked Years, #4) > Likes and Comments

5 likes · like
Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (new)

Morgan I agree with your review. I'm a huge Oz fan since seeing the Wizard of Oz movie like over 50 times. Then when I was older I read the original books (only the first three so far). However, Maguire does give a good homage to Baum and his books more than once. Calling the goose "Father Goose" did it for me cause Baum wrote Father Goose. Ozma is also one of my favorite literary characters, so seeing Maguire use her correctly was good too.


message 2: by Rick (new)

Rick F. Morgan wrote: "I agree with your review. I'm a huge Oz fan since seeing the Wizard of Oz movie like over 50 times. Then when I was older I read the original books (only the first three so far). However, Maguir..."

thanks so much! a truly great 4 book series!!


message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris I loved most of the series and thought this was largely a great conclusion, but weren't there parts you found slightly disturbing and kind of out of place? specifically a lot of the ending of the relationship between Tip and Rain


message 4: by Rick (new)

Rick F. Chris wrote: "I loved most of the series and thought this was largely a great conclusion, but weren't there parts you found slightly disturbing and kind of out of place? specifically a lot of the ending of the r..."

I think the fact they were written over a century ago- and so many were written- there naturally are inconsistencies-


message 5: by Robyn (new)

Robyn Hawk Rick - great to see this reviewed by someone whose opinion I trust...can't wait to read this or the next OZ book. Love Gregory!


message 6: by Rick (new)

Rick F. Robyn wrote: "Rick - great to see this reviewed by someone whose opinion I trust...can't wait to read this or the next OZ book. Love Gregory!"

WONDERFUL READ!! This the the fourth volume in the series- a very nice wrap-up!


back to top