Vinaya’s review of Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) > Likes and Comments

96 likes · 
Comments (showing 1-32 of 32) (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annika (new)

Annika Jealous! I requested it but HarperCollins rejected me. :(


message 2: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya HarperCollins put me on auto-approve, thank god! So now I get HarperCollins, Harlequin and S&S without going through a song and dance. But the galley I wanted most is Seraphina, and bloody Random House rejected me! Ah, how hard it is to satisfy the bibliomaniac inside me!

P.S. This book is good stuff, you should request again!


message 3: by Annika (new)

Annika I'm really lucky that I got Seraphina, because it seems many people were rejected for it. I probably got lucky because I reviewed a few other ARCs from Random House positively right before that!

I've re-requested it but I don't have much hope. They've rejected me for every request so far. Boo.


message 4: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Kat Kennedy Not a single publisher has put me on auto-approve. You know, I just don't think they like me.


message 5: by Steph (last edited Nov 06, 2011 09:33PM) (new)

Steph Sinclair I'm on auto-approve for Harper Collins too. I think someone mentioned that Random House went through and approved all requests when Seraphina first went up. I don't know how true that is, but it seems like no one is getting accepted anymore. I'm fortunate that I had just happened to visit NetGalley the same day it showed up.

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to this review since you gave it 5 stars!

Kat, if they don't like you then Macmillan and Bloomsbury must hate me. They keep denying me for Cinder and Scarlet. :(


message 6: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Kat Kennedy Well I requested Seraphina first day it was available and was approved so there's a little piece of anecdotal evidence.


message 7: by Annika (new)

Annika Great review, Vinaya! Now I want to read it even more. Damn you HC for rejecting me again!


message 8: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya Well, Kat suggested that we start a galley-rejects support group, so you can be a part of that, Annika! :) I'm still moaning about my lack of access to Seraphina. And Scarlet. And Cinder. Dammit, why are so many cool galleys out this month???


Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner Auto-approval from Harper Collins? *dies* I only have Harlequin and S&S. I've send a request for Seraphina twice and got rejected both times. But I'm not ready to give up.

I did some 4 and 5 star rating reviews for Random House but still don't get approved for hyped books.


message 10: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya I should probably mention during all my whining about Seraphina that Rachel is sending me an ARC when she gets one. But. I CAN'T WAIT!!! This is my first request from Random house that I can remember, Zemira. You'd think they'd give me a chance, the bastards!


message 11: by Annika (new)

Annika Ha, yes! You've heard back about Scarlet? Seems Bloomsbury is a bit slow replying to requests right now, because I still haven't heard back (although I know what it'll be, pff).
Right!? A bit of a dry spell for a while and now so many awesome galleys within such a short time. They should just give them to us as an early Christmas present!


message 12: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya Nope, I haven't heard about Scarlet or Cinder. I think I need to get some NetGalley obsessed person to send me updates so I can go request ALL the galleys on the very first day! ;)


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Vinaya, I started this book yesterday, briefly, but I was put off by the weird world building. I was literally afraid I'd find too many holes and be put off by it. However, after seeing your review. I'm moving it back up the list to read next.


message 14: by Steph (new)

Steph Sinclair I literally check NetGalley everyday. I will keep you posted. ;)

So you keep getting rejected for Cinder and Scarlet too, huh? *sigh*


message 15: by Annika (new)

Annika I see! I was rejected for Cinder a while ago. I've requested books on the first day before (I have to admit to checking Netgalley more than once a day, ahem) but that didn't help me really.

Good luck for your Scarlet and Cinder requests! :D


Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner I got rejected for Cinder and Scarlet but went and tried one more time and got Scarlet.

Vinaya I am totaly jealous! I want Seraphina! Also I was thinking about pre-ordering this book. Would you say it's a money worth spend?

Did anyone got the S&S November newsletter for EGalley? I never get those so I have to ask people here if they could send them to me.


message 17: by Steph (new)

Steph Sinclair I haven't gotten mine yet.


message 18: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin How do you get auto-approved?


message 19: by Steph (new)

Steph Sinclair Caitlin wrote: "How do you get auto-approved?"

No one knows. The publisher just puts some reviewers on auto-approve when they request a bunch of their titles.


message 20: by Eve (new)

Eve Davids Caitlin wrote: "How do you get auto-approved?"

Give lots of positive reviews about their books.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead TheDuchess wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "How do you get auto-approved?"

Give lots of positive reviews about their books."


I was put on auto-approve and so I was curious about my reviews (since I can't figure out why I, of all people, would be auto-approved). My reviews for HarperCollins books have been pretty low rated overall. I do read alot of HarperCollins books & I do review alot of their books but definitely don't produce alot of positive reviews.


message 22: by Eve (new)

Eve Davids Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalking wrote: "TheDuchess wrote: "Caitlin wrote: "How do you get auto-approved?"

Give lots of positive reviews about their books."

I was put on auto-approve and so I was curious about my reviews (since I ca..."


I was sort of kidding babes, haha. I should have put a 'lol' next to my statement. However, I doubt they would put someone who really hates most of their young adult books on auto approve. But I think your reputation plays the bigger part. People like Vinaya and yourself are big time reviewers, so no surprise there.


Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead TheDuchess wrote: "I was sort of kidding babes, haha. I should have put a 'lol' next to my statement. However, I doubt they would put someone who really hates most of their young adult books on auto approve. But I think your reputation plays the bigger part. People like Vinaya and yourself are big time reviewers, so no surprise there..."

I'm slow today. Brain has left the building (wait that is everyday..ok.. I'm slower today). I'm just gonna go stare at the pretty shiny things. LOL


message 24: by Steph (new)

Steph Sinclair I was pleasantly surprised to be put on auto-approve. I gave a not so hot review of Carrier of the Mark.


message 25: by Rogier (new)

Rogier great review,


message 26: by Ellie (new)

Ellie My head started feeling faint after I read "...after the disappointment of Hallowed."

Seriously. My head is swimming.


message 27: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Good review though.


message 28: by Erin (new)

Erin Romance??


message 29: by Esther (new)

Esther Bernstein I agree with most of what you said, except that the twist at the end actually left me going "whaaat?" It was so inorganic to the rest of the story. But spot-on about the questions of how this world came to be!


message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Hi Vinaya, can I you ask a question here about the ending of the book? :)


message 31: by Tammy (new)

Tammy I loved this book. It was everything I expected Blood Red Road to be, and wasn't."

YES!!!!!! Exactly. Thank you! :)


message 32: by Epictigergirl (new)

Epictigergirl amazing review, im gonna find this book and read it :)


back to top