Kay’s review of The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1) > Likes and Comments

18 likes · Like
Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassy (new)

Cassy Just three stars? Maybe I should reconsider reading this one.


message 2: by Kay (new)

Kay The writing was good, but the story did drag a bit. I've heard the sequel was excellent, though.


message 3: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa I feel the same about this. It was an OK reading experience for me, but nothing amazing to gush over. For some reason, I got the impression that Gen was quite immature, as if he's still a prankster adolescent (I forgot how old he was supposed to be in the book). I didn't find book 2 to be any better, but then again, maybe it's just not for me.


message 4: by Kay (new)

Kay Alyssa wrote: "I feel the same about this. It was an OK reading experience for me, but nothing amazing to gush over. For some reason, I got the impression that Gen was quite immature, as if he's still a prankster..."

I agree--I don't think the author made Gen as clever or cunning as he was made out to be. I feel like the book had a lot of potential, but it fell short somehow.


message 5: by Reena (new)

Reena I think it was hard to appreciate because of the traveling dragging on and on. I definitely liked the story telling that developed the world but it was a little overkill. You never know how brilliant he is until the end because she tells the story almost in a 3rd person kind of way to make you surprised at the ending. Second book is definitely more fast paced.


message 6: by Ducky (new)

Ducky Oh yeah, the first book dragged a bit, but things definitely pick up in the Queen. The third one is definitely my favorite, though, because Gen's wit and cunning become much more evident. I can't wait to read your reviews for the rest of the series. :)


message 7: by Kay (new)

Kay Reena wrote: "I think it was hard to appreciate because of the traveling dragging on and on. I definitely liked the story telling that developed the world but it was a little overkill. You never know how brillia..."

I agree, Reena. I didn't get the sense that Gen was cunning or smart until the very end. Hopefully the second book will be better!


message 8: by Kay (new)

Kay Ducky wrote: "Oh yeah, the first book dragged a bit, but things definitely pick up in the Queen. The third one is definitely my favorite, though, because Gen's wit and cunning become much more evident. I can't w..."

Thanks, Ducky! I'll have to read the next two books asap!


back to top