Cait’s review of The Night Circus > Likes and Comments

383 likes · 
Comments (showing 1-50 of 74) (74 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by HanaJoyful (new)

HanaJoyful J-JEALOUS. I wanted it so bad but it's way to expensive for little ol' me'z |-_-,|


message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait Hana❦Joy wrote: "J-JEALOUS. I wanted it so bad but it's way to expensive for little ol' me'z |-_-,|"

Awwwzzz I'm sorry :( hopefully you get it soon because I'm really enjoying it! Not having money really sucks.


message 3: by HanaJoyful (new)

HanaJoyful I know! GAH!


message 4: by Cait (new)

Cait Hana❦Joy wrote: "I know! GAH!"

I just got some money to buy books, but I've been going crazy for about two weeks!


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

If you're about 100 pages ahead of me having the same problem and this circus is technically monochromatic, there's a problem.


message 6: by Cait (new)

Cait Yeah it's definetely becoming a problem. And I'm having a hard time keeping up with all of the different POV's.


message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm okay with that so far, but do you notice the weird jump in time? Sometimes it's 1902, other times it's 1887, 1892, ect.


message 8: by Cait (new)

Cait Yeah I do. It's so confusing; I really have no idea how old Marco and Celia are. Sometimes I think they are early twenties then others she says that it's been years; I can't keep track of it all.


message 9: by HanaJoyful (new)

HanaJoyful Cait wrote: "Hana❦Joy wrote: "I know! GAH!"

I just got some money to buy books, but I've been going crazy for about two weeks!"


I bought's it! :D


message 10: by Cait (new)

Cait Ohhhhh that's awesome, Hana!:D yayyyyyyyyy! I'm having some troubles with it right now, but I'm hoping it turns around soon!


message 11: by HanaJoyful (new)

HanaJoyful Cait wrote: "Ohhhhh that's awesome, Hana!:D yayyyyyyyyy! I'm having some troubles with it right now, but I'm hoping it turns around soon!"

Uh oh O.O *Trembles in fear and checks for receipt*


message 12: by Cait (last edited Sep 17, 2011 06:08PM) (new)

Cait I mean, the writing is some of the best I've ever seen hands down , but there's about 9 POVs, she jumps around on dates, and we still really haven't gotten to the meat of the competition and I'm over halfway in already. I don't know *sigh* it's just not exactly what I expected.


message 13: by HanaJoyful (new)

HanaJoyful Cait wrote: "I mean, it's The writing is some of the best I've ever seen hands Dow , but there's about 9 POVs, she jumps around on dates, and we still really haven't gotten to the meat of the competition and I'..."

9 POV's!? O.O Jumping through time!? Well fuck...


message 14: by Cait (new)

Cait Yeah. In one chapter your in 1895, then next you're in '93, then five chapters later you're in '95 and you're expected to remember what happened, then she jumps back up to '99, and so on and no forth. Then there's Marco, Celia, Tara Burgess, Chandresh, Poppet, Thessien, Pospero, Mr. Barris, Isobel, Bailey, Chandresh, sometimes she does chapters with no character POV's at all, sometimes in the POV's of random spectators. It's extremely hard to keep up with.


message 15: by HanaJoyful (new)

HanaJoyful Aw hell... I'm nervous now!


message 16: by Steph (new)

Steph Sinclair Can't wait to read the review!!


message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

It's four stars so Cait must have enjoyed it! No need to be nervous, Hana.


message 18: by Cait (new)

Cait Mocha ღ wrote: "It's four stars so Cait must have enjoyed it! No need to be nervous, Hana."

Yeah, this is almost a book that you need to read twice to fully understand it, as you know, Mocha. That ending....man.


message 19: by HanaJoyful (new)

HanaJoyful Cillian wrote: "Hana❦Joy wrote: "Aw hell... I'm nervous now!"

Why are you nervous, kitten?"


Phew :D Never Mind!


message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Cait wrote: "Mocha ღ wrote: "It's four stars so Cait must have enjoyed it! No need to be nervous, Hana."

Yeah, this is almost a book that you need to read twice to fully understand it, as you know, Mocha. Tha..."


Ugh, I know!
I think I might re-read is soon.


message 21: by Cait (new)

Cait Mocha ღ wrote: "Cait wrote: "Mocha ღ wrote: "It's four stars so Cait must have enjoyed it! No need to be nervous, Hana."

Yeah, this is almost a book that you need to read twice to fully understand it, as you kno..."


My brain is throughly blown. I sat there for literally two minutes after finishing just staring at it with my mouth in a little o shape.
I know that I'll have to re-read this soon. I desperately need to know this book better after that.


message 22: by Cait (new)

Cait Stephanie wrote: "Can't wait to read the review!!"

It's up! :)


message 23: by Steph (new)

Steph Sinclair Ok, I've just promoted this book the top of my TBR list. I have it on my kindle and I'll read it right after I finish Succubus Revealed (can't renew this. It's a line at the library.).

Great review. I'm a sucker for beautiful prose!


message 24: by Cindy (new)

Cindy great review Cait! I had read so many mixed reviews I just didn't know what to think. Well I will have to get it with my next order:) Those prose were just beautiful! Thanks for the laughs too:)


message 25: by John (new)

John Egbert And this is going on my to-reads list!


message 26: by Cait (new)

Cait Mello wrote: "And this is going on my to-reads list!"

Yayyyyy! :D Don't you just love how she writes? It's sheer awesomeness.

Cindy wrote: "great review Cait! I had read so many mixed reviews I just didn't know what to think. Well I will have to get it with my next order:) Those prose were just beautiful! Thanks for the laughs too:)"

Well I'm glad I could help you out with it, Cindy! It seriously is worth it, even if you get a little frustrated at first. And the cover is to die for.

Stephanie wrote: "Ok, I've just promoted this book the top of my TBR list. I have it on my kindle and I'll read it right after I finish Succubus Revealed (can't renew this. It's a line at the library.).

Great revi..."


Thanks, Stephanie! :D ugh I know! and that's only a few of the hundreds of great lines in this whole book! Morgenstern is truly an amazing writer.


message 27: by Taneika (new)

Taneika definitely getting this!!


message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

We sold out of copies the other day and today we had several customers complaining....sheesh!


message 29: by Cait (new)

Cait Mocha ღ wrote: "We sold out of copies the other day and today we had several customers complaining....sheesh!"

Well, as you know, Mocha dear, it's because it's such an amazing book :) Sorry if they were complaining, though, that's no fun. It's not like it's your fault that you don't have the book in stock! If they make a movie they'd better not ruin it or I'm gonna be pissed

Taneika wrote: "definitely getting this!!"

Well good! :D


message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Cait wrote: "Mocha ღ wrote: "We sold out of copies the other day and today we had several customers complaining....sheesh!"

Well, as you know, Mocha dear, it's because it's such an amazing book :) Sorry if th..."


I'm looking forward to seeing how they portray the Ice Garden.


Erica (daydreamer) Cait, you have me drooling with those quotes! I need more! It sounds utterly fantastic.


message 32: by Kogiopsis (new)

Kogiopsis Apparently I'm crazy, because I don't like the quotes much. A few of the sentences stand out, but not whole blocks. Of course, that may be tainted by the fact that I have a visual aversion to large sections of italic text, particularly in the font Goodreads uses.

That aside, though, I'm glad to hear you liked this book. It sounds really interesting - I can't say I'll run out and buy it, but I'll keep a weather eye open for a chance to get my hands on it.


message 33: by Cait (new)

Cait Erica (daydreamer) wrote: "Cait, you have me drooling with those quotes! I need more! It sounds utterly fantastic."

It is utterly fantastic, Erica. I hope you get the opportunity to read it soon!

Mocha ღ wrote: "Cait wrote: "Mocha ღ wrote: "We sold out of copies the other day and today we had several customers complaining....sheesh!"

Well, as you know, Mocha dear, it's because it's such an amazing book :..."


Me, too. Really it will be interesting to see how they portray everything from this book. The Wishing Tree, The Labyrinth, Celia's shows; It's all so fantastic and image-filled.


message 34: by Cait (new)

Cait Anila wrote: "Apparently I'm crazy, because I don't like the quotes much. A few of the sentences stand out, but not whole blocks. Of course, that may be tainted by the fact that I have a visual aversion to lar..."

And that's fine, Anila! There's a lot of other points in the book that you may like that I didn't mention in here; it's all about preference :)

And thanks! I really did enjoy it quite a bit. It's very refreshing from the senseless YA muck that I've been reading lately, that's for sure.


message 35: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Rifkin On your list of 16 main characters, you listed Chandresh twice. (4&11) Just FYI.


message 36: by Cait (new)

Cait Ohhh oops! Thanks, Kerri! :)


message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome review. I love the media you use :))


Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* Super cool review, Cait. Usually multiple perspectives and time-jumping drives me nuts, but it sounds like the author knows what she's doing in this case. I'm excited to read it. :)


message 39: by Cait (last edited Sep 22, 2011 07:41AM) (new)

Cait Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* wrote: "Super cool review, Cait. Usually multiple perspectives and time-jumping drives me nuts, but it sounds like the author knows what she's doing in this case. I'm excited to read it. :)"

Yeah normally it does for me, too, but this authors a genius because she actually planned every single little detail! I hope you like it!

Mupples wrote: "Awesome review. I love the media you use :))"

Thanks Mupples!:) I love them all <3


message 40: by Thoo (new)

Thoo Lol, this review is like my favourite. Ever. SOO funny=P. And WOW those pieces from the book were AMAZING! When they ended I was like "NOOO come back to mee!"O_o I wasn't gonna by this book before, but I read Veronica Roth's blog post on recommendations, and this was on it, so I figured I might as well check it out. ... Wow, I still can' t get over how amazing that writing was in just those 3 paragraphs. Reminds me of how amazing Harry Potter was written. Thank You for writing this, you made my Morning!


message 41: by Lissa (new)

Lissa I'm not done with the book yet, but this perfectly describes how I feel. So confused by the plot, but loving the writing. Came to GoodReads to read the reviews to see if I should give up on it or not. Will finish just based off of this review.


message 42: by Cait (new)

Cait Lissa wrote: "I'm not done with the book yet, but this perfectly describes how I feel. So confused by the plot, but loving the writing. Came to GoodReads to read the reviews to see if I should give up on it or n..."

Good, because it will literally leave you shell-shocked and amazed at how she planned it all out. I hope it went the same way for you that it did for me.


message 43: by Arely (new)

Arely I completely and totally agree.


message 44: by Lois (new)

Lois Really???????????


message 45: by Karen (new)

Karen what a great review of this awesome book!


message 46: by Lunarbabee (new)

Lunarbabee Your reveiw sums up my feeling perfety. Thank you.


message 47: by Sally (new)

Sally You have just given words to exactly what was crossing my mind. Wonderfully written review...


message 48: by Michella (new)

Michella THIS is exactly how I felt as soon as I finished reading. EXACTLY! And I didn't finish it in public, thankfully. My mouth literally dropped AND I WAS INDEED STONE FOR A GOOD FIVE MINUTES!


message 49: by Deidré (new)

Deidré Golding You cinvinced me I am definately going to read it a second time, making notes of dates etc. in my "notebook" as well, so that I can tie the strings together, like Marco did with his elaborate notebook.


message 50: by Addison (new)

Addison I had no idea how to describe my feelings about this book, but you nailed it. I totally agree. As you read it, you know the writing is beautiful, you know the characters are interesting & dynamic, but you're so freaking confused & anxious about the plot that you're just not sure what to do with yourself. But then...it all ties together & you think, "Holy hell, this woman is brilliant!" I definitely think I would appreciate it even more with a second read.


« previous 1
back to top