Announcing the best books of the year! The Goodreads Choice Awards, the only major book awards decided by readers, are a huge opportunity for libraries to connect with book lovers on and offline. Goodreads is partnered with OCLC to make sure libraries are represented in our community. Working with OCLC, we've come up with some fun ways to get involved:
Create an in-library display of winners and runners-up!
- Download and print the Goodreads Choice winners poster and shelf-talkers below.
- Visit the 2014 Goodreads Choice Awards to view the winners in 20 categories, including Best Fiction, Best Nonfiction, Best Mystery & Thriller, and Best Young Adult Fantasy.
- Decide what kind of display you'd like to create: For example, a broad sampling of nominees at the front of your library, or displays for specific categories, like Best History & Biography or Best Picture Books.
- Be sure to use at least 10 books in your display. The more books, the more readers you'll hook!
Download the winners poster
Image will scale up if you'd like to
print larger than 8.5x11 in.
Download shelf-talkers for all categories
Cut to size on 5x6 in. cards or print
on 8.5x11 in. paper
- E-mail a photo of your library display to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be sharing the best photos on Facebook and Twitter
- Get readers talking about books! Start Choice Awards discussions in your Goodreads group.
- Hop on social media to talk about the winners and bring new readers to your group. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest updates. Hashtag: #GoodreadsChoice
Our focus on librarians for the 2014 Goodreads Choice Awards is a part of our ongoing partnership with OCLC to support readers through libraries and promote library use. Thanks for participating!