Start by marking “Ten Moonstruck Piglets” as Want to Read:
Ten Moonstruck Piglets

Ten Moonstruck Piglets

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Playful, fun-to-read-aloud language from a respected young adult poet and novelist joins distinctive illustrations from a noted European artist in this captivating picture book. Ten piglets wander off into the dark, drawn by the light of the moon. After rambling far from home, plundering and looting and dancing in a moonlit trance, they attract the attention of a prowling ...more
Published April 18th 2011 by Clarion Books

To ask other readers questions about Ten Moonstruck Piglets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Moonstruck Piglets

Akaul002odu.edu
1. Genre and age: Fiction/Fantasy picture book, young readers ages 5-10

2. Summary: One night when there is a full moon, ten piglets go on a midnight adventure while their mother is sleeping.

3. Curriculum: This picture book could be used in a lesson on rhyming and word recognition.

4. Reaction: I liked the playful rhyming of the story, but was not as impressed with illustrations of the piglets. The illustrations overall were detailed and helped tell the story, but the piglets themselves lacked ex
Tanneke
The story is okay, but the pictures of Carll Cneut really lift this book to a higher level. Just saw his exhibition in Ghent, beautiful!
Angela
Awesome illustrations and a nice little piggy story. My early pick for the year-end NYT Best Illustrated list. My sales rep said, "you either love it or hate it." I am definitely in the LOVE IT camp.

There's something a little creepy and intriguining about the illustrations. Something that keeps you on single page longer than normal. You'll just have to see for yourself. Sorry, but that's how it is with picture books.

Hannah, have you seen this yet?
The Library Lady
I would've given this one star because of the horrible illustrations--the pigs look as if they've just been told they're going to be the guests of honor at a BBQ, not like the playful pigs of the text. They don't SMILE at all! But the text is lovely, and I can imagine how nice this book might have been IF it had had the right illustrator! Thus it gets that second star.
OCLS Staff Picks
Playful, fun-to-read-aloud story about ten piglets that go out adventuring while their mother is fast asleep.

Dream Big (Summer Reading Program 2012) recommended book

Available from OCLS in print.
A family of piglets sneaks out for an evening of rollicking fun. The rhymes have a very pleasing rhythm but the pictures are joyless! Since the story is set at night, the pictures are dark. And the pigs look simultaneously grumpy, sleepy, and serious. A few piggy grins would go a long way for this one.
10 little piglets out for some fun in the moonlight. Charming. I love that one of the piglets is reading the book.
Brittney
Great illustrations, but not such a great story line little pigs go out at night while their mother is asleep.
Susan Erhardt
I like the story, but the pigs look like they are in distress rather than out for some fun night-time adventure.
Melissa
None of these piggies look like they're having a good time! The text is a little stiff, too.
Dustie
pb25: This book was alright I didn't really get into. Felt a little pointless to read.
Kim Patton
Rhyming text tells the tale of 10 pigs enjoying a night out.
Molly
I liked it! I really appreciate some of the hefty vocab in this one.
Jinny