Start by marking “Silverweed: a supernatural fairy tale” as Want to Read:
Silverweed: a supernatural fairy tale

Silverweed: a supernatural fairy tale (Supernatural Fairy Tales #1)

Once upon a time Granny was attacked by a werewolf. Eighteen years later her grandson, Aiden Young, arrives in Indiana for his aunt's funeral, and his unfortunate discovery of the family secret leads to a fatal mistake. Before the weekend is over, he’s trapped by a blizzard along with his superstitious cousin, Diesel, and Scarlet, Diesel's manipulative girlfriend. In his g ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published November 20th 2010 by Pixie Punk Press

To ask other readers questions about Silverweed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silverweed

Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)
Silverweed is a Little Red Riding Hood inspired fairy tale that has all sorts of twists & turns, yet it’s only 81 pages.

Aiden travels with his mother to his grandmothers house after the death of his aunt, only going with her to avoid a break up with his girlfriend Summer. Once they arrive, Aiden discovers how weird his Granny & cousin Diesel are. They believe in all sorts of superstitions, to the point Aiden thinks them both crazy.

When his baby brother & father come down with an illn
Tammie
I love retelling of Red Riding Hood. I enjoyed this one, except for the fact that none of the characters were very likeable.
Larry Kollar
Sep 04, 2011 Larry Kollar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clever re-telling of Little Red Riding Hood. If you like your big bad wolves changing at the full moon, you might like this.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Reviewed for Bitten by Books. Check http://bittenbybooks.com for a full review.
Bette Jacobson
Granny was bitten by a werewolf and so when the moon is full she turns. Diesel her grandson, has always lived with Granny and his mother Rose until Rose dies. Scarlet, his girlfriend wants to leave down and leave Diesel’s strange family behind.

When his Aunt Lucy and cousin Aiden come to Rose’s funeral Scarlett sees a way to leave Granny behind. Instead she turns the fairy tale to life.

Shapeshifting is becoming a well-written genre, and I found this an interesting adaptation of the fairy tale.
Greenfairylv
Dec 30, 2010 Greenfairylv rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, werewolves, paranormal
Diesel, his girlfriend Scarlet, and his cousin Aiden are snowed in, trapped with a weregranny upstairs.
Great spin on Little Red Riding Hood. Would be completely terrifying having the big bad wolf trying to kill you from the inside out. The wolf is the beast trapped inside you once you have been bitten and the only hope you, and the people that surround you, of surviving is to try not to lose your mind to the beast. Silverweed is the only solution that has been found to help granny not lose hers
♥¸.•*´Tanya`*•.¸♥
I purchased this as an ebook from Amazon.

This is the second book in the Supernatural Fairy Tale Series written by Author Dorlana Vann.

A modern day retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. What happens when Teenager Aiden is left caring for his Grandmother and forgets to give her her nightly Silverweed Muffins, a night he'll never forget.

I quite enjoyed this story with it's changes. The main character is male and in his late teens no little girls in this story. The story is well written with action f
BookJunkie
Ok let me first start off by saying I won this book from the Drawings here on GoodReads { First Reads } .. I was super excitied to win and was looking forward to starting the book as soon as I got it in the mail.. However the book was a little of a Let down.. I mean you kept guessing what was going to happen with Granny and wonder why these kids were the ones going through this stuff alone.. I was just thinking there would be a little more to it is all.. I mean it was good as far as just a quick ...more
Claire Blind Reader
I liked it. The characters were good and when there were conversations it was interesting and fairly realistic. I enjoyed those parts. The mystery and whatnot is a bit undone with the window into every characters head. It's not all that immature for a young adults book and the characters were well done. Over all pretty good.
Erika
Feb 18, 2012 Erika rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: like, kindle-loan
As a free book for Kindel, I did not expect it was so well written. But the idea of make a modern version from a traditional story like Little Red Riding Hood is bright and the result is pretty well made.

Perhaps the book lacked of a bit of surprise at the end and some depth to the characters but ultimately was pleasantly surprised.
Exanimis
Apr 20, 2012 Exanimis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don't let the fact that this is based on Little Red Riding Hood keep you from reading this. I doubt you will see much of the original story in this other than chapter titles. The girl Scarlet,well, I just wanted to slap the crap out of her through most of the story, I think she was more monster than the werewolves. Very well written story.
Heather
Not bad. It was a bit fast paced as far as getting to know the characters. I enjoyed it none the less.
Mary Elizabeth Szigeti
A good book to read.

I liked the twist in the book. I hope for another book. The ending isn't the end but left open for another book.
Pennie
I haven't read many short stories so I don't have much in way of comparison but I will say that I enjoyed it. I look forward to reading more by Dorlana Vann.
Sheryl
Nov 24, 2010 Sheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am blown away by my friend Dorlana's ability to tell a good story. It's been awhile since I finished this one, so I can't really go into the details, but I enjoyed the read very much!
Day
Day rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2010
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2013
Ciecie
Ciecie rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2011
Dorlana
Jun 16, 2011 Dorlana rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Julie Rogers
Julie Rogers rated it did not like it
Sep 09, 2014
GamerGirl
GamerGirl rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2014
Shan
Shan rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2012
Lorna Dryden
Lorna Dryden rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2014
Annmarie Wilde nelson
Annmarie Wilde nelson rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2013
Andrea Oakeson
Andrea Oakeson rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2010
Natalie
Natalie rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Wyla Blessings
Wyla Blessings rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Holly Stephey
Holly Stephey rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2012
Shawna
Shawna rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2011
Paul Farmer
Paul Farmer rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2014
  • Spider Wars (Lords of Shifters)
  • Silver-White (The Great North Woods Pack, #1)
  • Flaming Dove
  • Moonbeams  (Beams and Light, #1)
  • Twilight Forever Rising
  • Vengeance (The Blood Trail Chronicles, #1)
  • ShadowShifter: Book One (ShadowShifter Series 1)
  • Dark World
  • King Solomon's Wives: Hunted
  • Blood Prophecy
  • Blood Roses (The Noctivagas Chronicle, #1)
  • Zan (Spiritdell, #1)
  • Rex Rising (Elei's Chronicles, #1)
  • Initiation (The Warrior, #1)
  • Mark of the Witch (Boston Witches, #1)
  • Cry Of The Wolf (Eye Of The Storm, #2)
  • Riley's Curse (A Moon's Glow 0.5)
  • Echo Falls (Echo Falls, #1)
The inspirations for my books and short stories are fairy tales, the supernatural, and classic romantic comedies. I have several books (teen and adult) available.
I live in Texas, near Houston, which is also the setting for my newest romance series Trouble with Men. I’m very excited about the series, which has fun, new dating terms and concepts, outrageous shenanigans, and a touch of magical rea
More about Dorlana Vann...

Supernatural Fairy Tales (2 books)
  • The Princes of Tangleforest

“You not watching the road is making me a little jumpy.”
“No, I think city boy is scared of the woods.” She gave a quick laugh before saying, “Granny once told me she saw the devil out there. Pitchfork and all.”
“Well, if I was scared, that wouldn’t help.”
1 likes