The Gilmore Girls Companion

The Gilmore Girls Companion

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  6 reviews
From 2000 to its final episode in 2007, Gilmore Girls raised the bar for television writing, redefined the dramatic comedy, and cultivated a dedicated fan base not seen since the heights of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. However, unlike Buffy, little has been published about what went on behind-the-scenes of Gilmore Girl. Until now. The Gilmore Girls Companion provides the firs...more
Published November 25th 2010 by BearManor Media

To ask other readers questions about The Gilmore Girls Companion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gilmore Girls Companion

Stacey (prettybooks)
When I first found out about The Gilmore Girls Companion, elation quickly turned to devastation when I realised that it couldn’t yet be bought in the United Kingdom. Four long months later, I received it as a birthday gift and eagerly began reading about a world I knew well and loved dearly.

Although unauthorised, The Gilmore Girls Companion should not be perceived as a money-making scheme created to exploit the Gilmore Girls’ large fanbase, but a well thought out project headed by A.S. Berman. T...more
Jessica
I was looking fwd to reading this book but ended up disappointed. Most of the content is quotes from the show, not all are completely correct. The only part I read was the sidebars and small boxes and even those didn't give much insight into the production of the show or had any behind-the-scenes stories from the cast.
Kathleen
Super disappointed. I was really looking forward to insights and trivia of the show but this book is not that. The book is a really nice size and jam packed with information, the likes of which I can't imagine the effort it took to compile but, it is simply an episode regurgitation of scenes and quotes. Scenes and quotes I get on my own by watching the show. The writing was poor; acronyms were not explained and personal quotes were sometimes so long and out of context that I couldn't figure out...more
Sacha
This is great for all the bits and pieces that went on backstage, however, it's very much like a text book and hard to read at times. You should read it if you are a die hard fan though.
Matija
A decent enough look behind the scenes of the TV show and a fairly average episode guide, which mostly consists of dialogue quotes. The show creators as well as most of the show top stars actually refused to give interviews for this book, so it's both unofficial and sometimes a little too much on the fan-perspective side, but still there are enough quotes from people involved with the show and interesting descriptions of how the production was done to make a fan's time worthwhile.
Leonie
Too many spoilers.
Trish
Trish is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2014
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
S Rice
S Rice marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Natalie Tsay
Natalie Tsay marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Reija
Reija is currently reading it
Jun 16, 2014
Amp78
Amp78 added it
Jun 12, 2014
Kleopatra Olympiou
Kleopatra Olympiou marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Adrienne Morris
Adrienne Morris marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Malinda Roland
Malinda Roland marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
América González
América González marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Isa1026
Isa1026 marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Sarah Montgomery
Sarah Montgomery marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Zahra
Zahra marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Damaschin Dana
Damaschin Dana marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Iva
Iva marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Niamh
Niamh marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Lizzie
Lizzie is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2014
Nágila
Nágila marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
April Arndt
April Arndt is currently reading it
Mar 16, 2014
A former writer and editor for USA Today, Berman writes for several national publications and is currently at work on several books about television and film.

His most recent book is

Soap: The Inside Story of the Sitcom that Broke all the Rules

His last book was:

The Gilmore Girls Companion, a behind the scenes look at the making of the popular series.
More about A.S. Berman...
The New Horror Handbook 30 Years of British Television Soap! the Inside Story of the Sitcom That Broke All the Rules