Start by marking “The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9)

The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  18,012 ratings  ·  1,082 reviews
At long last, New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter unveils the story of Paris, the darkest and most tormented Lord of the Underworld.

Possessed by the demon of Promiscuity, immortal warrior Paris is irresistibly seductive — but his potent allure comes at a terrible price. Every night he must bed someone new, or weaken and die. And the woman he craves above all o
Mass Market Paperback, 504 pages
Published February 28th 2012 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darkest Seduction

Can't Wait Books of 2012
29th out of 2,495 books — 15,915 voters
Lover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostIced by Karen Marie MoningDeadlocked by Charlaine HarrisBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Most Anticipated Books of 2012! {PNR, UF & PNYA}
12th out of 621 books — 1,791 voters

More lists with this book...

Sept 29, 2014

Third re-read, still epic!

May 27, 2012
As for me, The Darkest Seduction is one of the best books of 2012.

The Darkest Seduction is filled with emotions, surprises and hope.

Paris and Sienna’s love is so heartwarming, the chemistry and intimacy between them is overwhelming. Sienna deserves Paris’ adoration and respect; and Sienna’s tolerance and devotion for him is a balm for Paris’ tortured soul. They are perfect for each other.

I was thrilled about the twists and turns. Stunning fa
More than 5 stars and Top Read 2012.

Another must read for Lords of The Underworld fans. And for you who dying to read Paris's story. Wonder if he finally find his ladylove that manage to make his hard twice, but then die and Cronus ressurect and make her Keeper of Wrath, Sienna Blackstone. And being faithful. Commitment and Paris. Two words that against each other.

Gena put S to SUPERB and this book is epic. With capital E. Once again she prove the reasons why she will always be my favorite autho
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Let me start out by saying that I am a huge, huge fan of the Lords of the Underworld series. And like everyone else, I have been anxiously awaiting the story that would give poor Paris his HEA. This book gave me all the things I wanted –and even worked in some amazing surprises—but it didn’t quite live up to its potential for me.

The biggest problem is simply that the book is bloated. It's too long and stuffed with too much stuff. I was excited when I first saw how thick it was, but it was actual
4 Over Loaded Stars!
This is the ninth book in The Lords of the Underworlds series. It's Paris and Siennas book.
Paris the keeper of Promiscuity demon has to have sex daily in order to not weaken and die. If Paris tries to have the same woman twice his demon shuts him down. If Paris denies himself sex his demon goes to extreme measures to get it. His demon lets off a scent that anything can't resist. His demon is not picky when it comes to sex either. He wants everyone! That is until Sienna the H
While I really liked it, I wasn't crazy about it. It had mayor pros and cons against the previous installments.

-The plot was better built. Everything finally came to an end. No more suspense, no more inclusiveness, for once everything ended just as it had to end. You just feel like every word you're reading will take you somewhere important eventually. Nothing was left in the loose with this read.. Which I'm glad because with some of the previous installments I felt like the author took so
Alex is The Romance Fox
I am a huge fan of this series and have been so looking forward to Paris,
 photo download201_zpsvkmw6bly.jpg

the keeper of promiscuity. I have liked him a lot in the previous books and when I finally read it….I was like…..
 photo tumblr_m326jeQPiT1qkc2v6o1_r1_500_zpsrckcyw0c.gif

Paris is like this whinging and whinnying guy!!!! On his quest to finding his soul mate, Sienna!!!!
Please forget her!!!! Find someone else!!! Please!!!!
But no, on he goes to, through and back to hell to get her back!!!!

If I hadn’t liked Sienna, the hunter who betrayed
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
If Sienna is not his chosen one I am going to scream my head off.
Not because I really care or don't care about her-I only care about the fact that this author made me go trough 7 books worth of Paris related angst.
If the author plops in a new heroine just for him it will mostly prove her to not be a very good writer. She can call it 'visions while writing the book that change EVERYTHING' but I call it lame.
Mimi Smith

this book had a slow start for me, but it picked up on the way. Paris and Sienna's story started a while ago, so my expectations were high, and I liked it a lot. I even liked the slew of other stories and much is resolved here. If you want to see the major parts of the story, read on...

Mimi's DS shopping list

1. Paris and Sienna I had a problem with them at first, with their constant yearning for each other, after a few days' worth of quality time, most of it spent hating/lusting/tryin

Paris and Sienna's story has been a long time coming and while I've always been rather ambivalent towards the Keeper of Promiscuity, I was still interested in how Showalter would pull off a HEA for the Lord who needs one-night stands in order to survive. Now that I've read 'The Darkest Seduction' I can say that while I did (for the most part) like it, it wasn't (IMO at least) Showalter's best work.

What I liked:
1. I really like how Showalter gave us updates and insights into what's goin
Gena brought her "A" game to this one. It's the best one in this series. I adored Paris and how he treats Sienna. Also one big storyline that has been current throughout is tied up.

I may have missed this but I don't understand why Paris can stay faithful to Sienna. His demon makes his body respond to other women because she needs sex, but why is Sienna so special? She also came into her own here and kicks some major demon booty.

And the loves scenes between Paris and Sienna are smoking hot to the
This was really a great addition to the Lords of the underworld series. To be honest, I wasn't all that excited about Paris's story. Maybe it was dragged out a bit to much, but it turned out to be really enjoyable. Sexy as always!

I couldn't decide who made a better Paris so let me know which one should make it to theDeliciously Sexy Book Boyfriends page.

To see the pictures and Vote on Paris go to
Paris and Sienna's story as been the most awaited for all LOTU fans. Not for me. Paris never really interested me. *shrugs* That being said, I still needed to read this book cause, I'm a huge LOTU fan!

And I have to say, the book was great but, Paris/Sienna's part weren't that amazing. Least favorite HEA story in the series for me. During the whole read, I was more interested on what was going on AROUND them and not them in general.

Things I Didn't Like
1. Paris was a damn wimp and cry baby. His d
Laura V.
¡Y pensar que yo quería saltearme este libro! ¡Qué estúpida!

No, no me enamoré del romance entre Paris y Sienna y jamás creeré en este romance, no es su culpa, lo intentan, pero yo ya les tenía desconfianza desde antes.

Pero se lee, y muy bien. Tiene un buen ritmo, ni te das cuenta de la cantidad de hojas, y tenemos varios puntos de vista. Cosa que normalmente me molesta, pero en este me encanta, porque:

1. Amo a Kane
2. Amo a Zacharel
3. Amo a William
4. Amo a Galen
5. Amo a Viola

Bah, amo a todos men

This is, perhaps, the most highly anticipated story of the Lords of the Underworld, especially given the amount of time and angst invested into Paris’ story. It’s been a long time coming, and fortunately for fans, it does not dissatisfy. The Darkest Seduction is a crucial step-up from its predecessor in many ways – an excitement-fueled, sizzlingly seductive, darkly intense addition to Gena Showalter’s addictively readable paranormal LotU series.

It took me awhile, but I managed to finish reading this book. First off, I lost interest in Paris and Sienna a long time ago and I spot read many of their scenes/dialogue. I began to wonder if the LOTU would sustain through the end, but after reading Sabin's story, I was skeptical. Then came along Gideon, Amun and Strider's stories. Very disappointing, but I had my answer.

I do love the Lords, but for me, this series has gotten too juvenile. These Lords are supposed to be THE BAD ASSES of the wo
Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
Best Book Ever !!!!

We have all waited so much for Paris's story and finally here it is.The ninth book of The Lords Of The Underworld is finally out and waiting.
The Keeper of Promiscuity may have messed around for thousands of years but now has come the time to settle down.Literally.Paris finds Sienna and together they escape from the castle Cronus held her.Apparenty Sienna is a key to win the war between Galen,Cronus and the gorgeous Lords.He who has her is the winner.Guess who might that be??
Jan 09, 2013 Hanife marked it as considering-to-read
HEA'yı garantilemek için kızı öldürdün değil mi Gena? Yalnız utanmadan birde oğlanı yedi kitap daha süründürmüşsün. Ayıptır, ayıp.
Ronda  Tutt
Brilliant, Creative, and Mind Blowing!

Absolutely Fantastic! I mean just WOW! I know I can't say enough to tell everyone what a great series Gena Showalter has woven. Paris story is astounding in the fact that this lord of sex who gives nothing but shattering pleasure to everyone he pleases finally finds his one true mate Sienna. It is kind of sad he will no longer be our sexy playboy but sweet that he found that special person to calm and sate his demon.

So many things happen in this story, sur
WOWZA. What a great book!!!

Ladies, meet your Paris:

I think that just by saying that he was the keeper of SEX says it all right?

Paris was...

I don't really have words to describe this man's hotness, awesomeness and everything else.

Moving on, there's Sienna. She was ok, I guess. It's not like I hate her, but she's definetly not one of my most favorite characters EVER written by Gena Showalter.

Anyway,one thing you can be sure about is the "hot loving",if you know what I mean.
Lissa D'Angelo
One of the story arches in this series I was (and am- hello Torin!) most looking forward too, I have to say, I wasn’t disappointed! Paris, the Keeper of the Demon of Sex’s torturous search for the woman who became his obsession, finally comes to an end and the lady in question, Sienna, surprisingly turns into a solid female lead. (Was never quite sure if she was strong enough to handle the anxty love story the author set up for these two, but thankfully all the build up before their book allowed ...more
Neyra ♦
I just recently finished reading the book! ^_^ I'm so happy with the end results. And seriously... what is everyone's problem with Sienna? If you could accept Haidee who had KILLED Baden and done more damage to the Lords... Why the hell not Sienna?? She'd done NOTHING!!

Anyway.... The book's mostly about Paris & Sienna finding their HEA, and the Lord of Sex DOESN'T DISAPPOINT! The sex scenes were awesome. Everything he went through to find her, and to find out he'd birthed evil inside him, d
Guilty Pleasures
This review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Recommended Read

The long awaited story of Paris is finally here and it does not disappoint. Kane is still missing, William is some how saved, Ashlyn and Maddox are still expecting and of course Paris is still on the hunt for Sienna. When Paris learns that Sienna had tried to reach him but he was unable to see her, he becomes determined to find a way to get to her. It is through an encounter with a minor goddess named Viola, that he discovers the secret to se
Gena yine bekleneni vermiş ve harika birkitap ortaya çıkarmış.İnanılmaz olaylar yaşanıyor.Ayrıca gena bir sonraki kitabı bağlamakta o kadar usta ki bundan sonra gelecek olan kane'in kitabını şimdiden içim kıpır kıpır bekliyorum :D
Paris sex'in lordunu barındıran savaşçımız. elbette oldukça fazla haşna fişne bekleyebilirsiniz ama beni şaşırtan o ki paris sadece sienna'sıyla birlikte olmaya karar verdiğinden o kadarda çok sahne (hatta farklı diyeyim :D ben paristen değişik şeyler beklerdim :P ) yo
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Finally Paris' book...the one we've all been waiting for ~ the one I've been waiting for what seems like forever! And if you didn't know what's going on with Paris, he has been pining after Sienna, former Hunter now dead person inhabited by the demon Wrath and held hostage by Cronus.

Poor Paris has been such a mess trying to fight his feelings by not having sex and instead getting drunk off ambrosia and then killing everything in sight. I'm just going to come out and say that I'm disappointed.
This is the one I've been waiting not-so-patiently for. I've gotten behind on these books, but couldn't wait to read Paris's book. This was probably a mistake, as there were parts of this story where I was completely lost.

Overall, I couldn't have asked for more out of Paris and Sienna's story. As this book begins, both are obsessed with one another and regret how things left off between them. After Paris finds Sienna, the pages that follow are some of the hottest that I've read. I should've expe
Carla Soares
Embora os últimos dois livros desta série já me tivessem convencido de que era altura de parar de lê-la, há algum tempo que o livro sobre Paris vinha sendo "prometido" e tinha de facto vontade de lê-lo. Para mais, havia tanto a decorrer, com os Hunters, Cronus e Galen, que quis saber que caminho tomava isto. Infelizmente, servu apenas para confirmar que já chega. Foi o primeiro da série em que saltei páginas para chegar mais depressa ao fim.
A história central divide demasiado o seu espaço com a
4.5 estrellas. Para mi es uno de los mejores de la saga. Desde el tercer libro llevaba esperando leer la historia de Sienna y Paris. No me ha decepcionado en ningún momento.

Un personaje que me tiene intrigadísima es Galen. Con él tengo amor-odio. No sé si soy la única que piensa eso, pero necesito un libro de él con cierto personaje femenino que ronda a los Señores. Ahhh y un libro de William, por favor, necesito saber como sigue su pelo xDDD

El próximo libro es el de Kane y a priori es el Señor
What did you think of Paris's LONG-AWAITED story? 23 170 Nov 17, 2014 02:20AM
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Seduction (LOTU #9) 83 124 Sep 28, 2013 06:36PM
The Darkest Seduction!!! Cant believe its not until March 8 52 Oct 30, 2012 10:04AM
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9)
  • Enraptured (Eternal Guardians, #4)
  • Dying Wish (Sentinel Wars, #6)
  • The Guardian (Dream-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #6)
  • Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld, #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld, #8)
  • The Darkest Craving (Lords of The Underworld, #10)
  • The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld, #11)
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3) The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)

“Dangerous as a lightning strike, as lethal as a pair of crisscrossing short swords, William whispered, “You’re about to find out how your liver tastes, my friend.”

“I have tasted it already,” Zacharel said, his voice its usual monotone. The snowflakes began to fall in earnest, tiny at first, but growing in diameter. An arctic wind blustered around him. “It was a bit salty.”

How the hell was a guy supposed to respond to that?

Apparently William didn’t know, either, because he gaped at the angel. Then, “Maybe if you added a little pepper?”

O-kay. It was official. William had an answer for everything.”
“By the way, only a real man can accept his feminine side."
"I don't know who fed you that line of garbage, but I can promise she's laughing at you right now.”