Start by marking “Snowbound With Betsy” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Snowbound With Betsy

Carolyn Haywood

Snowbound With Betsy (Betsy)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  194 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The week before Christmas, a terrific snowstorm hits, and Betsy, Star, and their parents are snowbound, much to the girls' delight. There are snowmen to be built, Christmas presents to be made, and a tree to be decorated.
Published November 1st 1989 by Bantam Doubleday Dell Books for Young Readers (first published 1963)

To ask other readers questions about Snowbound With Betsy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowbound With Betsy

Sue
This was my favorite of Haywood's "Betsy" books.
Lizz
I first heard about this book in 1996. My friend Lisa Silverman had the same appreciation for and recall of phrase from childhood favorites (we would often salivate over descriptions of "warm and mealy" fries from the Whopperburger.) While I was out of town a huge snowstorm hit and she was housebound and lonely. She convinced her nice boyfriend Tom to brave the icy streets and pick up another friend of ours. Lisa called it her "Snowbound with Betsy" moment, based on the book she had reread durin...more
Caleb Mckenzie
I Liked snowbound with betsy there was A Blizzard
carrietracy
While not strictly a Christmas book, Snowbound with Betsy takes place in the days leading up to Christmas as Betsy, her family and some strangers her father has collected along the highway all hunker down amidst the snowdrifts. Quaint and old-fashioned to the extreme, it's what most people mean when they talk about the "good old days".
Evelyn Saenz
I love all of Carolyn Haywood's books for young children. They are wonderful read alouds but this one is especially nice because it shows what children can do when given time and space to use their own imaginations to make up games and entertain themselves in creative, hands-on ways.

Frances
I read this book a hundred times while in 3rd grade and I loved it. For some reason I lost this book and I have always thought about it...it looks like a re-edition was printed so I am hoping to own this once again!
Selah Pike
My absolute favorite Betsy book! I remember my mom reading it to me when I was little, and now I've read it to my children several times. Our favorite part is the popcorn incident.
Ruth
I don't remember the book, but boy do I remember the cover.
Lori McGath Brake
One of my favorite childhood books.
Laura Quilter
Snowbound with Betsy by Carolyn Haywood (1962)
Casertalaura
Love reading this series with Annie!!
Dawn
One of my Favorite books as a kid..
Susan
Susan added it
Oct 08, 2014
Marcia
Marcia marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Lissy
Lissy added it
Sep 14, 2014
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Chavio
Chavio marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Angela Freeman
Angela Freeman marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Janet Sherman
Janet Sherman marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Yvette D.
Yvette D. marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
"B" Is for Betsy Betsy's Little Star Back to School with Betsy Betsy and Billy Betsy and the Boys