Start by marking “Black Island” as Want to Read:

Black Island (Tintin #7)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  7,313 Ratings  ·  168 Reviews
- Aa? Bir uçak
- Arızalandı mı? Yoksa?
- Bir turizm uçağı olmalı...
- Gidip bakalım...
- See more at: http://www.inkilap.com/herge/tenten-7...
Published June 1st 1975 by Routledge (first published April 15th 1937)

To ask other readers questions about Black Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Island

Brendon Schrodinger
Tintin is a magnet for shenanigans.

Out for a walk, comes across a landed plane in a field, shot at.

It's a wonder that he doesn't turn into an agoraphobic. Tintin and Snowy cannot go anywhere without stumbling over diamond thieves, counterfeiters, smugglers and general goons. I guess it's natural that he is a reporter - no other reporter would believe his stories.

This time Tintin get's caught up with some money counterfeiters. He also get's mistaken for a criminal himself and goes on the run. Un
Ahmad Sharabiani
L'ile Noire=The Black Island (Tintin, #7), Hergé
عنوان: جزیره سیاه داستانی از ماجراهای تن تن و میلو؛ نویسنده: هرژه؛ مترجم: خسرو سمیعی؛ تهران، یونیورسال، در 62 ص؛ موضوع: داستان مصور و فکاهی از نویسندگان و هنرمندان بلژیکی قرن 20 م
Maria Carmo
Jan 06, 2015 Maria Carmo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone.
The adventures continue, with Tin-tin meeting many of his same enemies and also some of his dutiful "friends" (like the Dupond and Dupont brothers). This time, travels include small, dangerous planes (in one case, piloted by a simple mechanic and carrying frightened Dupond and Dupont!) and also the Black Island, where a terrible "beast" awaits to frighten everybody... No, even though it is in Scotland, it is not Loch Ness! LOL Why not simply read these wonderful books???

Maria Carmo,

Lisbon 6 Janu
Alireza
می توان گفت آغاز جزیره سیاه یکی از نفس گیرترین آغازهای سری تن تن است. نقاشی هایش به علت بازنویسی های چندباره جدیدتر است و چندجایی هم خوب می خنداند. اما خبری از پیچیدگی های معماگونه ی همیشگی به آن صورت دیده نمی شود. داستان سرراستی است که خیلی بی آزار و آرام هم تمام می شود.
Andrea
Aug 02, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay now, there are a few things that Snowy gets up to in this particular adventure that I would advice against allowing your dog to do at home or abroad! Tintin is once again investigating a suspicious incident, dealing with danger and avoiding a mess with Thomson and Thompson. I forgot how enjoyable these are to read on a summer's evening. If you want to read these with your kids, then just bring up the fact that this is the way people used to see things and be sure to let them know that not ...more
Ana
Nov 30, 2015 Ana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
História de desenvolvimento rápido em que não podemos deixar de pensar que é verdadeiramente uma das de hit the ground running. A ação está presente desde as primeiras páginas e só pára mesmo na última. No entanto, dava a sensação que era necessário ter já algum conhecimento prévio da trama para poder apanhá-la. A resolução também foi incrivelmente rápida e cheia de voltas e contravoltas que terminaram no desfecho prevísivel.

É sempre agradável ler Tintin, mas obviamente há histórias que marcam s
Praxedes
I have loved the Tintin books since childhood. The other day I came across a list on Pinterest naming the 50 best Graphic Novels and this was on it! I checked it out from my Library and re-read it...only to be a bit disappointed.

There are some constants about Herge's work that have always drawn me in: Tintin's bravery, the handsome artwork, the colorful characters. But the best part was always Tintin's deductive and/or inductive reasoning to find a way out of trouble. In this book that was lack
Ashley Capes
Apr 10, 2015 Ashley Capes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tintin
One of the best, hands down. Not my all time fav but right up there among Tintin's top 5 adventures I reckon.

There's so much to like here - it's one one of the more deft, tightly controlled plots with Herge bringing together his usual twists, humor, intrigue and scene-setting in a brilliant work that never lets up but never feels rushed.

I won't rehash the plot but I was gripped instantly the first time I read this as a kid - Tintin is shot on the opening page!

His investigation sends him eventua
Andrea Ika
May 12, 2014 Andrea Ika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Black Island is perhaps the greatest Tintin adventure. He flies an airplane, sails a boat, fights with "wild beasts" beats the bad guys (as usual), and even wears a kilt.
But this book is special for more resons. The landscape scenes around Tintin are superb. The drawing is great, and the plot, sublime. The suspense is incredible, too. No one will take him to the Black Island. Even though everyone is scared out of their minds, Tintin decides to go, risking everything...

this book is good clean
Jake
Honestly, Tintin is like the Archie comics with balls. It's playful and innocent, but it still includes whiskey and guns. It brings you into the era it was written and you feel like some imaginative boy in 1930s Belgium reading this at night, saying things to yourself like, "oh boy!"

Tintin and his faithful dog Snowy foil a gang of counterfeiters and they do it by car, train and plane. Tintin ends up in the hospital twice and never lets his hero boy reporter instinct keep him away from figuring o
Dianna Caley
Apr 18, 2012 Dianna Caley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lizzy and I just finished this one. She and I are really enjoying reading the series together. This one was very humorous and particularly funny when Thompsen and Thomson accidentally commandeer a mechanic instead of a pilot to fly their plane.
Leo
Sep 16, 2014 Leo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Que bien, puedo leer un comic en alemán y entenderlo y todo. Yay!
Sarah Sammis
The Black Island by Georges Remi Hergé is the seventh Tintin adventure. Like The Land of Black Gold, this adventure has been updated a number of times so it's difficult to know which version exactly one has read.

An emergency landing of a small aircraft with no registration catches Tintin's attention. He quickly finds himself being shot at and then being framed for a crime. Meanwhile, a similar unregistered plane has crash landed on the Black Island in Scotland. Tintin knows he has to get their t
Dan
Aug 02, 2011 Dan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Tintin stories for anyone who has read them and understands their history can't be viewed as anything other than groundbreaking. The beginnings of these stories have been around as long as the Lord of the Rings, the illustration and environments in the Tintin books are accurate and extremely detailed. Anyone who has spent even a little time exploring Herge (Georges Remi) can see the painstaking research and adversity he worked through to compose the world around Tintin. His ideas were ahead ...more
Kim
So far the best adventure in the series. Gone is the overt racism and political agendas. Here is Tintin and Snowy at their best, trying to solve a mystery. After witnessing a plane crash while out walking Tintin rushes to help only to be fired upon. So begins a chance across the English Channel through Britain to Scotland.

The main stand out in this book is the prominence of Snowy. Here he evolves from annoying follower to active adventurer, helping Tintin get out of (and sometimes into) trouble.
Jerome
Apr 24, 2015 Jerome rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set in the British Isles, this humorous and suspenseful tale revolves around Tintin’s hunt for a gang of forgers. The artwork is great and does a fine job fleshing out the setting. The story includes a lot of surreal humor such as the incompetence of a local fire brigade, and Müller’s attempts to stop them from saving his own house (since he wants Tintin to burn inside). The dialogue is good for the most part, although it can get dull at times.

A simple Tintin tale with good balance of action, in
Tom Donaghey
It is easy to see why the Tintin stories were a childhood favorite of many movie directors of a certain age. Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg both cite the young reporter/adventurer as influences on their work. They of course combined to produce the Tintin movie of recent years, but one only has to look at the young Indiana Jones movies to see Tintin’s never say die attitude, knack for getting into and out of any type of scrape, and a hatred of evil in all its forms.
THE BLACK ISLAND sees our
Thomas
Jul 22, 2015 Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tintin
This is one of the funniest Tintin books there is. For example...crazy gorillas, bad pilots, a gang of thugs and and of course explosions.
Sookie
Dec 31, 2014 Sookie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the finest Tintin adventures with tiny plot but lot of action adventure scenes. Its a fun ride with a minimal cast and witty execution.
Joel
May 05, 2007 Joel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who love a good adventure; those who want to stay young at heart
Probably my favorite Tintin. A great story that starts with Tintin getting shot!!! Forgery, Loch Ness monsters, Scottish dialects, and I love the gorilla at the end too; Herge you crazy, crazy man.
Francis Bruynseels
A magnificent read. Great action, humour and drawings. The cover is a great drawing.

It is vaguely familiar from my childhood, so I think I may have looked at the pictures, but I never read it before. So a pleasure delayed.

Some observations: cigarettes and whisky and beer in every picture - might create some problems in the US. The depictions of postwar England are thought provoking and fantastic though in some images they seem to be a cross between English and French features.

I don't understand
Santhosh
Jan 17, 2016 Santhosh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Counterfeiters, signals for air-drops, Tintin in a kilt, a drunk Snowy, and a gorilla as a guard. It's all happening.
Joseph R.
An unregistered plane landing nearby arouses Tintin's curiosity, but the pilot and passenger want no witnesses so they shoot him. Tintin recovers quickly and sets of in pursuit. Tintin is off on another adventure, eventually winding up on the eponymous fictional Scottish isle. The story moves from set piece to set piece almost too quickly--Tintin gets injured or put in jeopardy several times and recovers so quickly that he doesn't lose the trail of the bad guys. Even for a Tintin story, the paci ...more
Robyn
Jul 31, 2015 Robyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the newspaper article at the end!! Some gid Scottish references too :)
Pritesh Patil
Jul 02, 2014 Pritesh Patil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-read this today after a long, long, time and savoured every moment of reading it. Tintin is one of the best parts of my childhood, especially those books which have the Thomsons, Prof. Calculus and Cap'n Haddock in them, and though this one did not have the latter two, it was delightful to read it again and revisit a simpler time and the adventures of my childhood and feel the glee which onlyr reading such a book can accomplish. This moves into one of my favourite Tintin books of all time now ...more
Traveller
Reading with kids. Having fun.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibaca sekitar tahun 1981.

Welcome to Scotland!

Nah, untuk petualangan kali ini, Tintin tidak bertualang jauh-jauh, cukup di sekitar Eropa, dari Belgia, Inggris, sampai akhirnya mampir ke Skotlandia.

Cover

Tanpa membuka komiknya sudah jelas sekali dari kilt yang dikenakan Tintin, di mana kira-kira lokasi Pulau Hitam yang dijadikan judul.

Tema
Pemalsuan uang. Pada tahun 1930-an pemalsuan orang menjadi kejahatan yang populer, dengan berkembangnya mesin cetak pada zaman itu. Kon
David Sarkies
Apr 17, 2014 David Sarkies rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tintin fans
Recommended to David by: Herge
Shelves: adventure
Tintin goes to Scotland
4 February 2012

Tintin is wondering through the Belgian countryside, out for a nice leisurely stroll, when he sees a plane making an emergency landing. Being the helpful young man that he is he goes to see if he can help but is immediately shot and left for dead. However, as we have discovered, it is very hard to kill Tintin, and it turns out that the bullet only grazed him, and he decides that he must go and investigate, so he jumps on a train and travels to England after
Sammy
Oct 27, 2010 Sammy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
My review, as posted in Tintin Books

I seem to have a much more complex relationship with this album than many do. As a child, I never enjoyed "The Black Island" (and I read Tintin every day for a while) - in fact, it was one of a rare few albums that I didn't try and adapt into a play (pretentious child that I was). I guess I didn't appreciate the Hitchcock feeling, and I found the climax with the gorilla "silly". I suspect it is partly because, as I'm not British, this album had no special sway
Daniel Flores
Feb 06, 2014 Daniel Flores rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The black island is a great book. It's not the best story of Hergé analizing all the plot, but it's really funny and really entretaining while you're reading it. The mystery of the story doesn't have a lot of sense, and Tintin moves a lot of times be simple intuition, but the books never gives up. You can see Tintin trying to catch thieves, jumping of boats, and fighting against a monkey, even though he won't win anything with all those things, but my friends: that's never boring.
Syria Readers Ass...: 056 ـ The Adventures of Tintin . مغامرات تان تان 5 14 Jul 27, 2015 10:54AM
Wrong Title Translation 1 41 Jun 13, 2007 06:58AM
  • Asterix in Switzerland (Asterix, #16)
  • Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26)
Georges Prosper Remi (22 May 1907 – 3 March 1983), better known by the pen name Hergé, was a Belgian comics writer and artist.
His best known and most substantial work is The Adventures of Tintin comic book series, which he wrote and illustrated from 1929 until his death in 1983, leaving the twenty-fourth Tintin adventure Tintin and Alph-Art unfinished. His work remains a strong influence on comics
More about Hergé...

Tintin (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Tintin in the Land of the Soviets (Tintin #1)
  • Tintin au Congo (Tintin, #2)
  • Tintin in America (Tintin, #3 )
  • Cigars of the Pharaoh (Tintin, #4)
  • Le Lotus bleu (Tintin, #5)
  • The Broken Ear (Tintin, #6)
  • King Ottokar’s Sceptre (Tintin, #8)
  • The Crab With the Golden Claws (Tintin, #9)
  • The Shooting Star (Tintin, #10)
  • The Secret of the Unicorn (Tintin, #11)