Start by marking “The Bride Raffle” as Want to Read:
The Bride Raffle

The Bride Raffle (Morrow Creek #6)

Famous home-keeping expert Daisy Walsh is overwhelmed by the warm welcome she receives in Morrow Creek, and then she realizes she's the star prize in the town raffle! She can bet the lucky winner's not expecting a pregnant woman who needs a place to stay.Single father Owen Cooper suspects he's been set up because his daughter is thrilled to have a woman around the house. H ...more
Published March 22nd 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Bride Raffle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bride Raffle

Just Desserts by Mary CalmesFood for Thought by Amy LaneFor a Rainy Afternoon by R.J. ScottCookies for Courting by Amber KellTales of the Curious Cookbook by R.J. Scott
Cookbook Romance
10th out of 56 books — 1 voter
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott FitzgeraldMoonglow by Kristen CallihanThe Daddy List by DeWanna PaceThe Bride Next Door by Winnie GriggsThe Undoing Of Daisy Edwards by Marguerite Kaye
"Daisy"
28th out of 73 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristiej
Dec 11, 2011 Kristiej rated it liked it
This is going to be a damned with faint praise kind of review. I really want to love every book I start reading but alas I didn’t with this one. I liked it, but it’s one I know I’ll never read again.

There were parts I liked and parts that I had issues with. The parts I liked; I really liked Owen. He’s a gruff, grumpy bear kind of guy and I liked that about him. He’s a widower whose been told again and again and again by his late wife he must improve his ways until he’s convinced he’s not good en
Crystal S
I wanted to like it. Owen was a great hero, gruff and cranky, but a big ole softy for his daughter. Daisy was too stupid for me to like though. She got smarter towards the end of the book, but she was already ruined for me. Elodie didn't seem age-appropriate (by that I mean she seemed more like 6 or 7 than 10, but admittedly I haven't spent that much time with kids other than my younger siblings.) It wasn't bad enough to turn me off the author altogether though, so I'll give her another shot.
Linda Walters
This story ended being a little bit different than I expected but still it was an okay story. I did like both Daisy and Owen. They both had self-esteem problems but began to bring out of the best in each other. That I did like then there was a whopper of a misunderstanding. Owen's little girl was sweet with a mischievous side as well. So made a really good co-conspirator with a few of the women of the town. She wanted her father happier and she really took quite a shine to Daisy.
The town also he
Tonileg
Jan 25, 2015 Tonileg rated it it was ok
I can tell that this is a story that may hit readers as black or white, which means I see people either loving it or hating it.
Daisy Walsh is a book smart, street stupid woman of her time, this all goes down in June 1883 in Arizona Territory. She is on a national book tour to promote her housekeeping novel and her tour manager has all to easily preyed on her naivete and took her virginity early on in the tour. Daisy has all the obvious signs of pregnancy, but of course she never thinks of it bec
Lynda
Date I was "finished" with the book -- I could not finish. It was not because it was full of errors, typos, poor grammar. But it was silly. The plot was silly. And very far fetched, IMHO. I got about 35% through the book before I just scrolled to the end and backed up three pages. Still silly and I quit.

I did like the character of the little girl. In fact I like the characters if the plot had not been so ...

Sorry...
Dani
I liked the cheesy romance. I wish there was an epilogue with a flash forward of Daisy with the baby and their new family. It would've been really cute. Western tales are always fun.

CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Ms. Plumley’s books are always full of humor and romance and this one is no exception. I have always loved her contemporary stories and her historicals are just as good. The inhabitants of Morrow Creek are unique and so very real they almost walk off the page. Owen and Daisy are complex characters with some very real difficulties. The resolution of these problems is the focus of a gripping plot that really held my interest.

Maura
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance & More

Full Review: http://coffe
Amanda Chalifoux
Apr 30, 2012 Amanda Chalifoux rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: grace bombardier, lauren mauler, ect.
It was a great book about A women named Daisy who writes a book about cooking and sewing all the things that she knew about to be a good wife & mother. She gets involved with her manager one time and it results in him treating her wrong. She makes it to see her brother and that is really where her life begins, she falls for the man name Owen who won the cooking lessons, who gives it to his daughter so she can learn to cook, sew, ect. And Owen and Daisy end up falling for each other and spend ...more
Courtney
May 05, 2012 Courtney rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. This was the first book I read by Lisa Plumley and I will definitely be looking into her other works. The plot was sweet, even if I had a little trouble with some of the romance. It didn't quite fit was was normal in the 1880s, Daisy and Owen living in the same house with his 10 year old daughter, without being married. That just wasn't done then. Overall, the story was great and I would recommened it to others.

*I won this book in a goodreads contest
Pene
May 31, 2012 Pene added it
Shelves: first-reads
I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed it so much I went & bought several more of Lisa Plumley's books. Can't wait to get started on those too. I love when any author can make you laugh outloud & want to cheer for the characters and Lisa did not disappoint.
Maxi Shelton
Sep 05, 2012 Maxi Shelton rated it liked it
This book was enjoyable but not much happened in it. We spend a long time listening to different thoughts and feeling sorry for themselves, but still nothing really happens.
Although I will say it had a lovely ending - very beautiful in fact.
Linda
Nov 13, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet story with a (very) gullable lady finding her HEA with a single father and his daughter. Glad she found her strength at the end, standing up for herself and the life she wanted. Very sweet, not much smut. *he*
May
3.5

Simple, pretty yet with many misunderstandings.

I loved Eloide really really loved her and her talk of her baby brother.
I loved that Owen stood up to the heroine since the beginning till the end.

Brittany
Jul 01, 2011 Brittany rated it really liked it
Full of humor and romance, though I think damnation was used a bit too much.

Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Morrow Creek
Kim
Feb 28, 2013 Kim added it
Shelves: historical
Really enjoyed this one. :)
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Morrow Creek
Sherrie
Sep 23, 2012 Sherrie rated it really liked it
very good
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Jeanne
Jeanne marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Kayla Salmon
Kayla Salmon marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Carrie Wilson
Carrie Wilson marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Shayla
Shayla added it
Aug 17, 2016
Kira
Kira added it
Aug 14, 2016
Ja-paige
Ja-paige marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Τοημεε
Τοημεε rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Isabel Gonzalez
Isabel Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Angie Fournier
Angie Fournier rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Lesley
Lesley added it
Jun 19, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 25, 2015 08:03AM
  • High Plains Wife (Bluebonnet Bride, #3)
  • Her Wyoming Man
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • The Shy Duchess
  • Untamed Rogue, Scandalous Mistress (Ramsden Brothers, #3)
  • The Governess and the Sheikh (Armstrong Sisters #2)
  • The Accidental Countess (Accidental, #2)
  • Dangerous Lord, Innocent Governess (Belston & Friends #2)
  • Practical Widow to Passionate Mistress (Transformation of the Shelley Sisters, #1)
  • A Dark and Brooding Gentleman
  • Redemption
  • Wanted: Mail-Order Mistress (Gentlemen of Fortune, #3)
  • The Notorious Knight (King John, #2)
  • The Gamekeeper's Lady (Rakes in Disgrace, #1)
190848
Best-selling author Lisa Plumley has delighted readers worldwide with more than three dozen popular novels. Her work has been translated multiple languages and editions, and includes contemporary romances, historical romances, paranormal romances, and a variety of stories in romance anthologies.

Her fresh, funny style has been likened to such reader favorites as Rachel Gibson, Susan Elizabeth Phill
More about Lisa Plumley...

Morrow Creek (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Matchmaker
  • The Scoundrel
  • The Rascal
  • Mail-Order Groom
  • Wanton in the West
  • Weddings Under a Western Sky: The Hand-Me-Down Bride\The Bride Wore Britches\Something Borrowed, Something True
  • The Honor-Bound Gambler