Start by marking “Anna Boleyn” as Want to Read:
Anna Boleyn

Evelyn Anthony

Anna Boleyn

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  217 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The story begins in a rose garden at Heber Castle on a summer's day and ends in blood and tragedy. Henry VIII found a match in the beautiful Anne Boleyn. He, with his handsome looks and dominating personality, and she, whose courage, pride, and indomitable passion were to win her a crown and cost her her life ...
Published by uitgeverij A.J. Luitingh (first published 1957)

To ask other readers questions about Anna Boleyn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anna Boleyn

jules
Jul 11, 2009 jules rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite books of all time, I finally found this in a used bookstore in Oregon after literally years of searching. I originally read this book when I was about 11 years old, which now seems a bit odd to me since, having re-read the book as an adult, I realize it is quite sophisticated. Though a novel, 'Anne Boleyn' helped fuel my lifelong love of history and biography, as well as my continuing fascination with this singular, tragic woman.
Juliet
Sep 09, 2014 Juliet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this initially when I was a senior in high school and absolutely loved it. Anne Boleyn was my favorite of Henry 8's wives because of this book. Re-reading it now with wiser, more adult eyes, I see Anne and Henry both as unhinged, each in a different way -- Henry, far more dangerously so. Still, just as Anne won over the crowd at the very end of her life, so also has Anthony by virtue of her skillful depiction won me all over again to Anne's side in spite of her faults.

I say this because so
Melissa Jacobson
I enjoyed this book so much more than I thought I would. I learned so much about Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII as well as Mary and Catherine. The author did such a great job making these people from history really come to life. The story was engaging and political while also being informative. Really great for people wanting to learn about Anne Boleyn but not wanting to read a dense biography.
Tania
Nov 23, 2009 Tania rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting account of Anne Boleyn’s life from the time Henry VIII first becomes interested in her through her beheading. Very easy read, kept interest throughout and did not drag on details though they were provided. Enough history to set the stage but this was more about actions and consequences. Based on the information provided it didn’t feel “embellished.” It wasn’t overly sexual in nature thought that was covered.

The author covered Anne’s pre-Henry trysts and her ongoing seduction of Henry
Bookworm Erica
Jun 14, 2015 Bookworm Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great fictionalized history story. still sad Anne got beheaded in the end
Katie Hilton
Apr 21, 2014 Katie Hilton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good novel about the rise and fall of Anne Boleyn. The plot seems historically accurate, and the characters are believable.
Troy Terwilliger
Jul 12, 2012 Troy Terwilliger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oui, j'adore. Yes, I love. This is one of the best Anne Boleyn books I've ever read. A clear description from her most tragic point of veiw. Devastating, thrilling and smooth. A slightly easy read, but, hey. I enjoyed this book. Any history lover will. Insights on Anne, good and bad. Read!
Vicki
Oct 30, 2012 Vicki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part of my annual summer review of books by a single author or books of s single topic. This year I chose Anne Boleyn. I have always been mesmerized by the history of her and how she changed the course of history.
Melanie
Fascinating look into the life of Anne Boleyn as one of the great politically successful women in England. Interesting perspective on the place of women in society during the reign of Henry VIII.
Starratier
Very interesting in the way the story was told. Some of the facts were off but for a fictional book not too bad
Carrie
Sep 16, 2009 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in junior high and loved it.
Melanie
Jun 17, 2009 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it!
Dennis
Dennis marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Ronald Wray, II
Ronald Wray, II rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
maxine croft
maxine croft rated it it was ok
May 02, 2016
Mary Lynn
Mary Lynn marked it as to-read
Janet Louise
Janet Louise rated it really liked it
Celia
Celia marked it as to-read
Lesle
Lesle marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Bexpretty
Bexpretty rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Libby McIntosh
Libby McIntosh rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Michell Karnes
Michell Karnes marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Brooke England Lee
Brooke England Lee rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
K.M. Guerin
K.M. Guerin marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Clare
Clare rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Snowy
Snowy rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2016
ellen t rubino
ellen t rubino rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Karine
Karine rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Jennifer Talkington
Jennifer Talkington marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 02, 2016 02:27PM
  • Elizabeth the Great
  • A Lady Raised High: A Novel of Anne Boleyn
  • Anne Boleyn
  • Gay Lord Robert (Tudor Saga, #11)
  • No Will But His: A Novel of Kathryn Howard
  • In the Lion's Court: Power, Ambition, and Sudden Death in the Reign of Henry VIII
  • Mistress Anne
  • Mary of Carisbrooke: The Girl Who Would Not Betray Her King
  • Virgin and the Crab - Sketches, Fables and Mysteries from the Early Life of John Dee and Elizabeth Tudor
  • The Boleyns: The Rise & Fall of a Tudor Family
  • The Early Loves of Anne Boleyn
  • House of Treason: The Rise and Fall of a Tudor Dynasty
  • Dear Heart, How Like You This?
  • Le Temps Viendra: A Novel of Anne Boleyn, Volume I
  • The Divorce of Henry VIII: The Untold Story from Inside the Vatican
  • The Fifth Queen
  • Anne Boleyn: A New Life of England's Tragic Queen
  • Elizabeth, Captive Princess (Elizabeth Trilogy, #2)
Evelyn Anthony is the pen name of Evelyn Ward Thomas.

Started her career as a writer of historical fiction, later switched to writing contemporary thrillers, often with an espionage theme.
More about Evelyn Anthony...