Start by marking “Anna Boleyn” as Want to Read:
Anna Boleyn

Evelyn Anthony

Anna Boleyn

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  196 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The story begins in a rose garden at Heber Castle on a summer's day and ends in blood and tragedy. Henry VIII found a match in the beautiful Anne Boleyn. He, with his handsome looks and dominating personality, and she, whose courage, pride, and indomitable passion were to win her a crown and cost her her life ...
Published by uitgeverij A.J. Luitingh (first published 1957)

To ask other readers questions about Anna Boleyn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anna Boleyn

jules
Jul 11, 2009 jules rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite books of all time, I finally found this in a used bookstore in Oregon after literally years of searching. I originally read this book when I was about 11 years old, which now seems a bit odd to me since, having re-read the book as an adult, I realize it is quite sophisticated. Though a novel, 'Anne Boleyn' helped fuel my lifelong love of history and biography, as well as my continuing fascination with this singular, tragic woman.
Juliet
Sep 09, 2014 Juliet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this initially when I was a senior in high school and absolutely loved it. Anne Boleyn was my favorite of Henry 8's wives because of this book. Re-reading it now with wiser, more adult eyes, I see Anne and Henry both as unhinged, each in a different way -- Henry, far more dangerously so. Still, just as Anne won over the crowd at the very end of her life, so also has Anthony by virtue of her skillful depiction won me all over again to Anne's side in spite of her faults.

I say this because so
Tania
Nov 23, 2009 Tania rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting account of Anne Boleyn’s life from the time Henry VIII first becomes interested in her through her beheading. Very easy read, kept interest throughout and did not drag on details though they were provided. Enough history to set the stage but this was more about actions and consequences. Based on the information provided it didn’t feel “embellished.” It wasn’t overly sexual in nature thought that was covered.

The author covered Anne’s pre-Henry trysts and her ongoing seduction of Henry
Bookworm Erica
Jun 14, 2015 Bookworm Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great fictionalized history story. still sad Anne got beheaded in the end
Katie Hilton
Apr 21, 2014 Katie Hilton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good novel about the rise and fall of Anne Boleyn. The plot seems historically accurate, and the characters are believable.
Troy Terwilliger
Jul 12, 2012 Troy Terwilliger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oui, j'adore. Yes, I love. This is one of the best Anne Boleyn books I've ever read. A clear description from her most tragic point of veiw. Devastating, thrilling and smooth. A slightly easy read, but, hey. I enjoyed this book. Any history lover will. Insights on Anne, good and bad. Read!
Vicki
Oct 30, 2012 Vicki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part of my annual summer review of books by a single author or books of s single topic. This year I chose Anne Boleyn. I have always been mesmerized by the history of her and how she changed the course of history.
Melanie
Fascinating look into the life of Anne Boleyn as one of the great politically successful women in England. Interesting perspective on the place of women in society during the reign of Henry VIII.
Starratier
Very interesting in the way the story was told. Some of the facts were off but for a fictional book not too bad
Carrie
Sep 16, 2009 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in junior high and loved it.
Melanie
Jun 17, 2009 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it!
Haimanti Mitra
Haimanti Mitra rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Nancy Ham
Nancy Ham marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Karen
Karen is currently reading it
Feb 07, 2016
barbara jarvis
barbara jarvis rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Jessie
Jessie rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Briana Lord
Briana Lord rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
905_schrama
905_schrama marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Chele Lee
Chele Lee is currently reading it
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Melissa warner
Melissa warner rated it really liked it
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Marilyn Holley
Marilyn Holley marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 12, 2016
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Ashlie
Ashlie rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 02, 2016 02:27PM
  • Elizabeth the Great
  • A Lady Raised High: A Novel of Anne Boleyn
  • Mistress Anne
  • In the Lion's Court: Power, Ambition, and Sudden Death in the Reign of Henry VIII
  • The Thistle and the Rose (Tudor Saga, #8)
  • Anne Boleyn
  • The Divorce of Henry VIII: The Untold Story from Inside the Vatican
  • No Will But His: A Novel of Kathryn Howard
  • The Fifth Queen
  • Elizabeth, Captive Princess (Elizabeth Trilogy, #2)
  • Brief Gaudy Hour: A Novel of Anne Boleyn
  • Le Temps Viendra: A Novel of Anne Boleyn, Volume I
  • The Tudor Wench
  • Anne Boleyn: Henry VIII's Obsession
  • The French Executioner (French Executioner, #1)
  • Fires of Faith: Catholic England Under Mary Tudor
  • The Queen of Subtleties: A Novel of Anne Boleyn
  • The Boleyns: The Rise & Fall of a Tudor Family
Evelyn Anthony is the pen name of Evelyn Ward Thomas.

Started her career as a writer of historical fiction, later switched to writing contemporary thrillers, often with an espionage theme.
More about Evelyn Anthony...