Start by marking “Cover Girls” as Want to Read:
Cover Girls

Cover Girls

A compelling novel of real faith that follows four African-American women throughout one year as they learn to balance children, estranged husbands, boyfriends, and problems at work with their heartfelt belief in God.
Published January 1st 2005 by FaithWords (first published September 8th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Cover Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cover Girls

Wanda
I appreciated the central theme of this novel. God can work out your situation and bless you if you allow Him to, but He may sometimes use people you never would have expected. Also, one of the main characters is Michelle. If you've read Woman, Thou Art Loosed, you'll remember her and getting an update on her is nice. What I didn't like about this book is the elementary style it was written, and some parts of the novel were so cheesy it was just uncomfortable to read. For example, the part where ...more
Terri Tinkel
This book is by Bishop T.D. Jakes who often appears on the Dr. Phil television program. It was interesting because Bishp Jakes believes that there are four seasons in a woman's life. Spring is the first season when a girl relies on care, protestion and nurturing to grow into a lovely flower.
Summer is when the "seeds" planted in youth begin to fully bloom. Fall is when the strength shows, great peace and settling into who she is and what she will become. Winter is when her life is not done or fin
Sweetrica Baker
Jan 26, 2012 Sweetrica Baker rated it it was amazing
T.D.Jakes is an AWESOME writer and it shows with Cover Girls. When I read this book I was working long hours at work and would be tired when I came home but instead of sleeping the weekend away, I cut the phone off and read this book til I was finished. It was good from the beginning until the juicy end. I even felt revived because I realized that I had to get over some of my own Covers that I had pulled over myself. After reading this book I felt so changed and better for that changed. Even ...more
Trish Boese
Jan 25, 2016 Trish Boese rated it liked it
Shelves: christian, fiction
3* It was something to read... not fabulous but okay.
Brianna Codner
Dec 04, 2011 Brianna Codner is currently reading it
i knew this book was going to be great because my mother read it and she loves to read and i thought that if she read it and got through it i knew i could too. i also noticed who it was by, Pastor T.D. Jakes and hes a great guy so i have faith in the book. its supose to be about 4 woman ranging from white to black rich or poor and have nothing to do with each other. yet everyday they face the realities of life and how modernized things are becoming in their life while trying to balance religion ...more
Dani
Feb 10, 2013 Dani rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
I abandoned this story after 25 pages. Perhaps I will give it another chance at some point, but I couldn't get past the slangy tone of the writing. This surprised me because I am generally attracted to slang from all cultures. However, the black urban hipster tone of this book smacked me in the face from the first page. As a black girl, I hear plenty of this speech pattern in real life and it doesn't bother me. It can actually be quite funny when used properly. In writing, it comes off as ...more
Jacquitta
Jan 18, 2013 Jacquitta rated it liked it
Excellent book that speaks to real situations. At times the writing can be pedestrian, but the content as a whole out shines that flaw. Bishop Jakes does a phenomenal job of speaking truth to real women's experiences. Most of us know of a Miz Ida, she represents many grandmothers or church mothers across the nation. The characters in the book are real and relatable. There are truths here that can help any woman whose been in any of these situations. Worth the read!
Shayla Robinson
Apr 08, 2014 Shayla Robinson rated it really liked it
great book!! this is my first book I have read by T.D Jakes, and it will not be my last. the people in the book had their only little stories which was great . It shows and explains how everyone has their season that their going through whether it be winter spring summer or fall. It is a wonderful read !
Blsd_BkWm
Apr 27, 2012 Blsd_BkWm rated it did not like it
It was a read on the different stages women going through (using the seasons as a metaphor). Some of the characters were underdeveloped though so it left a lot to be desired. Some of the scenarios just weren't believable at all!
Joy
Feb 13, 2009 Joy rated it it was amazing
Do your best not to take a person's actions to personal because you never no the person's story. Basically everything is not what it seems. It could just be a cover or they envy you because you are in the position where they wish to be.
Melodie M
Aug 16, 2007 Melodie M rated it it was amazing
I can't believe T.D. Jakes wrote this with his scary looking self. Doesn't he look like Mr. Brown from the Madea plays? Anyway, he seems to be really in touch with the female mind...it's scary...or either he's lying. Only God knows.
Ruby
Jan 15, 2008 Ruby rated it it was amazing
like this book also attented the play it was relly good read and see if any of the women you might know or you may find one of them in yourself ... let me know !
Laura  M
Nov 15, 2007 Laura M rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all women
This book gives a good lesson on how to recover from past hurts, learning to love yourself, and allowing yourself to be loved. It is scripture based and uplifting
Kezia Davis
Feb 10, 2013 Kezia Davis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book! It made me shout hallelujah and praise God all at the same time. T.D. Jakes is another one that cease to amaze me.
Shannan Harper
Jul 03, 2015 Shannan Harper rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised when I found this book at our local library. It looked interesting, so I decided to check it out. I'm glad I did. It was a very good story.
Tyrrie
Jan 26, 2009 Tyrrie rated it really liked it
I want to believe that the four characters in this book represented the best (and worst of us). I was joyful to see good triumph over evil.
Niccoya
I enjoyed reading this book. It's a pleasant surprise to read about the struggles of women from a male author.
Theresa
Aug 08, 2010 Theresa rated it it was amazing
I like all of TD Jakes books. This is his first novel and it is well done. I loved the ending especially...it made me think about my own past life. Very Good!!!
Lane
May 19, 2014 Lane rated it it was ok
Predictable at best, I was excited that he branched out but I was not thrilled with this read at all.
E G
Dec 18, 2013 E G rated it it was amazing
Amen, in Jesus name, Amen!!!! Read this it my reach your heart.
Shontay Toran
Jan 21, 2008 Shontay Toran rated it it was amazing
Everyone is different but we should all be able to relate
Colleen
Dec 12, 2012 Colleen rated it really liked it
Good book
Kim
Dec 29, 2014 Kim rated it liked it
Finished better than it started . . . ;).
Shernell Brown
May 16, 2016 Shernell Brown marked it as to-read
Preview starting off good
Shelley Bradford
Jan 02, 2013 Shelley Bradford rated it it was amazing
Great. I think ever woman coming into her own should read this book. It's an eye opener.
T
Jul 27, 2010 T rated it did not like it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
Got to chapter 6 but couldn't spend any more time reading it. Just wasn't engaging.
Karen
Jan 01, 2015 Karen rated it really liked it
. The book is about 3 women whose lives’ intertwine with each other. There are seasons in nature, and season in our life. It is amazing how God bring people together to teach us lessons. People come into our life for different reasons even if it is only for a season. Decent book!!!
Carla
Carla rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2014
Shante Richardson
Shante Richardson rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2014
Tramika  Chatfield
Tramika Chatfield rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2014
  • Holy Ghost Corner
  • Have a Little Faith
  • Temptation
  • Redeeming Waters
  • Boaz Brown (Boaz Brown, #1)
  • Sunday Brunch: A Novel
  • What a Sista Should Do
  • The Amen Sisters: A Novel
  • Mama Dearest
  • Down Right Good
  • Speak to My Heart (Spirit and Soul #1)
  • I Know I've Been Changed
Bishop T.D. Jakes is the author of the bestsellers God's Leading Lady; The Lady, Her Lover and Her Lord; Maximize the Moment; The Great Investment; His Lady; Woman, Thou art Loosed (the film of which won the Best Film Award at the Santa Barbara Film Festival) and He-Motions. His daily morning show The Potter's Touch and weekly broadcast The Potter's House air on Trinity Broadcasting Network and ...more
More about T.D. Jakes...