Start by marking “Secret Weapons: How Two Sisters Were Brainwashed To Kill For Their Country” as Want to Read:
Secret Weapons: How Two Sisters Were Brainwashed To Kill For Their Country

Secret Weapons: How Two Sisters Were Brainwashed To Kill For Their Country

Published 2001 by New Horizon Press, New Jersey

To ask other readers questions about Secret Weapons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Weapons

Bookish
excellent book - cover mk-ultra and similar projets
huge amounts of documentation includeed
Valiant Thor
Oct 03, 2016 Valiant Thor rated it really liked it
A valuable addition to a mind control researcher's library and an interesting read. The story of the Hersha sisters has many parallels to the accounts of other MK Ultra/Monarch-type survivors like Cathy O'Brien and Brice Taylor. One of the Hersha girls claims that she answered directly to Richard "Dick" Helms, the CIA director famous for ordering the destruction of the MK Ultra documents. Other familiar names (familiar to mind control researchers, anyway) pop up, as the Hershas claim to have had ...more
Bernie Gourley
Secret Weapons is about two girls who are trained in an MKULTRA-style behavior modification program to become femme fatales. This book was a hidden gem. I hadn't ever heard of it before or seen it in my local bookstore, but I came across a copy at the Strand Book Store in New York on a trip several years ago.

Like Whitley Strieber's Communion, this book leaves one engrossed but wondering what exactly one is reading. It is written as non-fiction, and not creative non-fiction that admits to blendi
Keely
Aug 23, 2013 Keely rated it really liked it
I look forward to reading the updated edition that the author is currently working on. This is an excellent account of what survivors of MK Ultra and similar US military programs are put through.
Ren
Ren rated it really liked it
Mikhayla Gracey
Mikhayla Gracey rated it really liked it
May 05, 2015
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Donna little
Donna little rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Smartnews
Smartnews rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Ale H. Miller
Ale H. Miller rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2013
Mikhayla Gracey
Mikhayla Gracey rated it really liked it
May 01, 2014
I-love-reading
I-love-reading rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2015
Kristen
Kristen rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Osiris Oliphant
Osiris Oliphant rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2016
Selah
Selah rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Bobbi
Bobbi rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2014
Robot
Robot rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2010
Daniel
Daniel rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Billy
Billy rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Judith W.
Judith W. rated it it was amazing
Jacqueline Wiencus
Jacqueline Wiencus rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Andrew
Andrew rated it it was amazing
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
Joshua
Joshua rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Ashley
Ashley added it
Nov 24, 2015
Margie
Margie marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2013
Katie Moncelsi
Katie Moncelsi marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2013
Katie Moncelsi
Katie Moncelsi marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2013
Kat Fishbones
Kat Fishbones marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Lieve
Lieve marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2013
Billie Rain
Billie Rain marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Julie Stephens
Julie Stephens marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Mike Gangi
Mike Gangi marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Jeanette Johnson
Jeanette Johnson marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Irene Mcintyre
Irene Mcintyre marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2013
Sheryl Shope
Sheryl Shope marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Tayler
Tayler marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Catherine Mauseth
Catherine Mauseth marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Gemma Ray
Gemma Ray marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2013
Kiki Tokarzewska
Kiki Tokarzewska marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Kiki Tokarzewska
Kiki Tokarzewska marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Summaiya
Summaiya marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2013
Kerry Connelly
Kerry Connelly marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013

“Cheryl was aided in her search by the Internet. Each time she remembered a name that seemed to be important in her life, she tried to look up that person on the World Wide Web.
The names and pictures Cheryl found were at once familiar and yet not part of her conscious memory: Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, Dr. Louis 'Jolly' West, Dr. Ewen Cameron, Dr. Martin Orne and others had information by and about them on the Web. Soon, she began looking up sites related to childhood incest and found that some of the survivor sites mentioned the same names, though in the context of experiments performed on small children. Again, some names were familiar. Then Cheryl began remembering what turned out to be triggers from old programmes. 'The song, "The Green, Green Grass of home" kept running through my mind. I remembered that my father sang it as well. It all made no sense until I remembered that the last line of the song tells of being buried six feet under that green, green grass. Suddenly, it came to me that this was a suicide programme of the government. 'I went crazy. I felt that my body would explode unless I released some of the pressure I felt within, so I grabbed a [pair ofl scissors and cut myself with the blade so I bled. In my distracted state, I was certain that the bleeding would let the pressure out. I didn't know Lynn had felt the same way years earlier. I just knew I had to do it Cheryl says. She had some barbiturates and other medicine in the house. 'One particularly despondent night, I took several pills. It wasn't exactly a suicide try, though the pills could have killed me. Instead, I kept thinking that I would give myself a fifty-fifty chance of waking up the next morning. Maybe the pills would kill me. Maybe the dose would not be lethal. It was all up to God. I began taking pills each night. Each-morning I kept awakening.”
11 likes
“Other personalities are created to handle new traumas, their existence usually occurring one at a time. Each has a singular purpose and is totally focused on that task. The important aspect of the mind's extreme dissociation is that each ego state is totally without knowledge of the other. Because of this, the researchers for the CIA and the Department of Defense believed they could take a personality, train him or her to be a killer and no other ego stares would be aware of the violence that was taking place. The personality running the body would be genuinely unaware of the deaths another personality was causing. Even torture could not expose the with, because the personality experiencing the torture would have no awareness of the information being sought.
Earlier, such knowledge was gained from therapists working with adults who had multiple personalities. The earliest pioneers in the field, such as Dr. Ralph Alison, a psychiatrist then living in Santa Cruz, California, were helping victims of severe early childhood trauma. Because there were no protocols for treatment, the pioneers made careful notes, publishing their discoveries so other therapists would understand how to help these rare cases. By 1965, the information was fairly extensive, including the knowledge that only unusually intelligent children become multiple personalities and that sexual trauma endured by a restrained child under the age of seven is the most common way to induce hysteric dissociation.”
10 likes