Start by marking “Safe Haven (Life After War #3)” as Want to Read:
Safe Haven (Life After War #3)

Safe Haven (Life After War #3)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  700 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Angie and Marc have made it to Safe Haven and her Marine is already on the edge of murder over their romance. Will Adrian be able to stop the bloodshed or will everything he's built start to fall? Can he keep the enemy at bay long enough to teach his people how to be survivors of this new apocalyptic world? Does he know there is a dangerous traitor among his flock? Let's f ...more
Published November 8th 2010 by Cloud 9 Publications

To ask other readers questions about Safe Haven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe Haven

Noelani
I'm not gonna lie. These aren't "great" but they keep my attention. I like the characters as they feel real and are pretty solid. The plot has a few holes, I hope the author will fill them-but there were hints in the first book that haven't been touched upon since. By the time they come up again I may well have forgotten their relevance, but we'll see. There are a few misspellings, grammatical errors and incorrect words-but I glaze over those. If that kind of thing bothers you... don't pick thes ...more
Lisa
And the story continues

And the story continues

I only gave this book 3 stars for several reasons. I loved most of the first 2 books, they moved fairly quickly and as the characters evolved, the post apocalyptic world did as well. The pictures were vivid and frightening, and I kept turning the pages to see what would happen next. Angela has kind of irritated me with her irrational fears even though she's gifted and intelligent.
This book simply drags to me. It is only 5 days in the life of Safe Ha
Caia Cameron
I know this must look ridiculous, me reading her books, one after the next and rating them all with two stars. Angela White is a writer with a lot of flaws. Sometimes I can read several sentences at a time and not have a single idea what the hell she's trying to get across. But obviously I've found some redeeming factors in these books because I just keep reading them. Safe Haven is one of my least favorite in the series because there is absolutely no mention of Kendra, Luke or any other residen ...more
Alicia
This 3rd book in the Life After War series was a fantastic read! I've enjoyed going deeper into this new terrifying world that Angela White has created. Action, adventure, intrigue, mystery, suspense, magic and more are all wrapped up into an amazing adventure! Combine all of that with a story that keeps you reading late into the night and you've got a winner in this book/series! I'm so glad I stumbled across the 1st two books (free on Amazon believe it or not)! I recommend these books to everyo ...more
Mia LeNae
Go Angie!

Angela...Claws...YAS!!! So glad she came out of that shell! Mmmm *sigh* MARC BRADY!!!! *squeal* Nuff said. Someone still needs to kill Tonya! What the check are they waiting on?
Done complaining.
I'm still in love and plan on getting the rest of the books. Ms. White you have outdone yourself. I find myself wishing for the apocalypse just so I can be a part of this story right in the middle of the planning and operations! I know these are Marines and I heart all things military... Go Army
Ceh131973
In the third books of the [Life After War] series we learn more about Adrian's creation [Safe Haven]. They are beginning to prepare for a fight with the Mexican slavers but they have to deal with internal conflicts as well caused by Kenn's controlling nature.

The characters continue to drive the story and the way they interact keeps the plot interesting. I am looking forward to reading book 4, [Adrian's Eagles].
Robert
Too many words. I finished the first three books, more as a quest than from enjoyment. The preface the author penned at the beginning spoke of arrogance and that we the reader should feel honored to be allowed to read her work. Ok, I gave you these three books. I will not journey onto the other four or more you have planned. The characters are just not memorable.
Lori
So this is the third book in a long series of books - and this story line was only a week. It has some supernatural undertones in it. Some of the phrases and wording that the author uses seems out of place for the time period this is suppose to be in. Sort of old fashion - and it's annoying, lol. Like "She's my woman" um really?! And what's the big deal, leave Kenn already, I'm tired of reading about her trying to decide whether to stay or leave the abusive bastard. There shouldn't even be any t ...more
Alisha
This one was a little less man hating, so I was able to enjoy it again. I liked how Angela finally is able to find a place to belong. Honestly, the writing was probably the worst in this book, with large parts of it being really hard to understand. I think it could use the advice of a good editor, but since I enjoy reading raw books, I am easily able to forgive all of these and get down into the story with the errors. The story continues to be good, and has kept me interested in the story of thi ...more
susan grosskopf
Great story line!

Great story line!

This series of books obviously is very well researched and keeps your interest especially when in the back of your mind you keep remembering that somehow this all goes back to decendents of Jesus!
Wendy Bird
Characters contend with many anticipated confrontations in this volume. Very interesting against the backdrop of survival and fear against enemies. Recommend the series to post apocalyptic premise fans.
Aden
Still good

It has been nice watching these characters grow and find their places in the new world. I can't wait to find out where they go from here.
Stephen Peale
Pedestrian prose--skim read it. But I will probably finish the series if parts 4 and 5 can be downloaded as free e-books.
Gary Cann
Third in the series and maintaining interest as the characters develop
Heather McBride
3.5 stars... The story is good but the writing is VERY choppy... I was back tracking quite a bit, trying to find my way in the story... Kindle edition needs lots of proofreading!
Chris
After a promising beginning to this series, Safe Haven basically deals with what we all deal with on a daily basis, human conflict, albeit with a back drop of the aftermath of a nuclear war. Unfortunately, the author seems to have lost the image of the backdrop and instead seemed to want to delve on the human conflict and an excruciating slow pace. While I can see where it is an important part of the story, it should not have been a focus of the entire last two books.

Not sure if I will feel inc
Penny
Predictable...the more things change the more they stay the same!
Brian
This was not my favorite. I kept reading expecting there to be more action. This installment had more to do with following the love quadrangle than actually telling an apocolyptic story. I will continue reading the series more because I feel I have vested more in this book series then most. I really hope it gets more exciting as I had serious high hopes for this series.
Jennifer Johnson feaman
Love this series. Writing is a bit rough at times and hard to follow but the story is great! A very dark series, but puts life into perspective.
Michael Brasch
Despite some glaring spelling and grammatical errors, this book continues to push the story. While it mostly focused on the survivors camp, I look forward to the next book and hope it will update us with what is going on with some of the characters from books 1&2
Linda
Series becoming repetitious with every woman the strongest ever met and every male protagonist the most chivalrous (the rest are beasts - "slavers"). Still, it's an alternative to Stirling.
Bob Geigle
This book has added a lot to the storyline. The purpose is becoming more clear. The cast of characters is getting stronger. There is an underlining purpose for where the story is moving.
Justine
Now that Angie has warmed up a bit and everyone is coming closer, it's getting a lot more interesting than previous volumes. I will definitely be reading Adrian's Eagles.
Scottnval Zeck
I love this series! Can't wait for the next book to come out. I stay up late at night reading when I should be sleeping bc I have to work the next day! Very talented author.
Mary
You will find out so much more about what makes these people so special. Are you a sheep or a shepherd?
Robin
3rd in the series and still interesting. Good plot and believable scenario.
T. Jackson
Intense. I was wanting more the second I started reading.
Tina
Great series of books!!! What an imagination!!
Amy
One of my favorite series OF ALL TIMES!!!!
Michael
Not as good as the previous two.
  • Redaction
  • This Shattered Land  (Surviving the Dead, #2)
  • Dead Highways: Origins
  • Yesterday's Gone: Season Three
  • Out Of The Ashes (The Ending, #3)
  • Land
  • Hold Me (Life After the Outbreak, #3)
  • Dystopia (Dystopia #1)
  • Outcome (Breakers, #0.5)
  • Jeremy's Choice (The Peeling, #1)
  • After: The Echo (After, #2)
  • Escaping Home  (Going Home, #3)
  • Victim Zero (The Fall, #1)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • Surviving Passion (The Shattered World, #1)
  • Apocaylpse Law 2 (Volume 2)
  • Deluge of the Dead  (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #3)

Life After War (7 books)
  • The Survivors (Life After War, #1)
  • On the Road (Life After War, #2)
  • Adrian's Eagles (Life After War, #4)
  • From the Ashes (Life After War, #5)
  • Where We Stand (Life After War)
  • The Price We Pay
The Survivors (Life After War, #1) On the Road (Life After War, #2) Adrian's Eagles (Life After War, #4) The Change (The Bachelor Battles, #1) From the Ashes (Life After War, #5)