Start by marking “Raising Unicorns: Your Step-By-Step Guide to Starting and Running a Successful - And Magical! - Unicorn Farm” as Want to Read:

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  191 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Welcome to the whimsical and very lucrative world of unicorn farming! This is an industry like no other with potential limited only by your imagination. As a future unicorn farmer, you will experience the wide and unique array of opportunities, challenges, and joys of caring for these majestic creatures.

From the IntroductionIn this book, author Jessica S. Marquis provides
Published August 18th 2011 by Adams Media Corporation (first published July 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Raising Unicorns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raising Unicorns

The Last Unicorn by Peter S. BeagleInto the Land of the Unicorns by Bruce CovilleSong of the Wanderer by Bruce CovilleHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingDark Whispers by Bruce Coville
Unicorn Books
186th out of 255 books — 214 voters
Pegasus by Robin McKinleyThe Last Unicorn by Peter S. BeagleInto the Land of the Unicorns by Bruce CovilleThe Last Battle by C.S. LewisSong of the Wanderer by Bruce Coville
Unicorn/Pegasus
110th out of 137 books — 43 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica Marquis
Jul 22, 2011 Jessica Marquis rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote this book. <:-)
Julia Ember
May 21, 2016 Julia Ember rated it really liked it
This is a silly and quite humorous little gift book. It's not really a work of literature or even a story, but for its purpose as a gift item, it works pretty well. I love unicorns, so I enjoyed the author's unusual and tongue-in-cheek look at starting a unicorn farm. This guide is written like a non-fiction book, teaching you how to identify sick unicorns, differentiate between species, maintain daily care, monetise your venture and create unicorn habitats.

While not laugh out loud funny, it wa
Wendy
Nov 21, 2015 Wendy rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, humor
It ran a little on the long side, but it was totally, 100% worth it to make it to the end. The whole thing had me giggle-snorting with each spot of pun and spurt of glittery ridiculousness, and there are many clever turns of phrase that'll have you snickering and make the people sitting around you stare at you. (Don't read this in a hospital waiting room if you don't want people to think you're crazy.) My personal favorite part was the informal name for a herd of unicorns. You'll know what I'm t ...more
Jennie
Dec 24, 2014 Jennie rated it it was amazing
I am now ready to be a purveyor of the finest organic unicorns.
Plot2themoon
Jan 30, 2012 Plot2themoon rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful and whimsical book. When you are studying your but off in business and investing, this is a great book to take a break with and not feel like you are slaking off. So much fun, and great sketches. A short and easy read. The faster you read the sooner you will get your Unicorn Farm started (unless you fail the test than have fun with your elk)!
Jen
Mar 27, 2014 Jen rated it it was amazing
Ready to start my own unicorn farm now ;)
Shiloh
Aug 28, 2014 Shiloh rated it liked it
Recommended to Shiloh by: Ranen Nowlin
Shelves: funny, 2014
It started off strong. I was ready to invest in unicorn farming, but the book slowed and became a little harder to get through, so I am reconsidering my career options.
Erin
Feb 18, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All potential unicorn farmers
Recommended to Erin by: Sarah Morris
Interesting and enlightening. Will be helpful when I start my unicorn farm upon graduating from college in April.
David
Jun 07, 2015 David rated it really liked it
Very different from what I usually would read but a joy to read nonetheless. Tough to put down and although a humorous read many of the principles could be applied to business in some cases. Worth the read if it can be found at your local library.
May 28, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it
I love parody books like this! Raising a unicorn is harder than I thought and I'm very glad to know these tips and tricks and am now wanting a Gigglerump because it sounds like my type of unicorn!
Keena
Aug 31, 2015 Keena rated it really liked it
The most adorable business book you will ever read.
Molly Pelic
Dec 19, 2014 Molly Pelic rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much!
Vega
Jan 20, 2015 Vega rated it it was amazing
Shelves: en-casa
Better than lots of serious business must-reads.
Derek Marx
Jan 01, 2014 Derek Marx rated it liked it
This was an entertaining and easy read, but more business based than unicorn based. I would rather own just one unicorn without the idea of wanting to make money off of it.
Shannon
Apr 24, 2015 Shannon rated it really liked it
Hilarious. Just hilarious.
Debs
Mar 26, 2013 Debs rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, visual-treats, 2013
After reading this incredibly informative book, I feel fully ready to implement the steps necessary to start my own magical unicorn farm.
Julia_reads
Feb 19, 2013 Julia_reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Ein sehr lustiges, humorvolles Buch mit einem herrlich ironischen Unterton.
Tenley
Mar 31, 2012 Tenley rated it it was amazing
Seriously one of the funniest books I've ever read. Also, TEAM UNICORN!
Erin
Nov 02, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it
Shelves: erin-owned
A little dry at moments, but fun overall.
Michelle
Jun 25, 2014 Michelle rated it liked it
Written/ Published for a GREAT CAUSE!
Brittany
Jun 23, 2013 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Hilarious!
JB Lynn
JB Lynn is currently reading it
Jul 18, 2016
AliceKlon
AliceKlon marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Stacey Cochiara
Stacey Cochiara rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
Victoria
Victoria is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Galia
Galia rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Karen Cadman
Karen Cadman is currently reading it
Jun 18, 2016
Anne Saulin
Anne Saulin marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
  • The Ladybird Book of the Hipster
  • Immortal Unicorn
  • Animals of the Ocean, in Particular the Giant Squid
  • Robert Asprin's Myth Adventures Vol. 2 (Myth Adventures, #7-12)
  • Yokai Attack!: The Japanese Monster Survival Guide
  • The Wilful Eye (Tales from the Tower, #1)
  • Dancers Among Us: A Celebration of Joy in the Everyday
  • Poppy
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 7: The Frontier Stories
  • A Flower Fairy Alphabet
  • Horses of the Sun
  • Looking for Mr. Right
  • More Show Me How: Everything We Couldn&#8217;t Fit in the First Book Instructions for Life from the Everyday to the Exotic
  • Systemic Shock
  • House of Cash: The Legacies of My Father, Johnny Cash
  • A Baby Blues Treasury: The Super-Absorbent, Biodegradable, Family-Size Baby Blues
  • The Unicorn Chronicles (The Unicorn Chronicles #1-2)
  • When You Are Old: Early Poems and Fairy Tales
Jessica S. Marquis is Chief Unicornomicist at Unicornomics unicorn farm and R&D firm, raising and studying unicorns with her colleague Farmer McGlitter. In her free time, she enjoys coloring outside the lines and working with the youth-focused filmmaking/creative-writing nonprofit she helped establish, Sailbear Labs (501c3 pending). Born and raised in Detroit, she is currently living the adven ...more
More about Jessica S. Marquis...