Raising Unicorns: Your Step-By-Step Guide to Starting and Running a Successful - And Magical! - Unicorn Farm

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Welcome to the whimsical and very lucrative world of unicorn farming! This is an industry like no other with potential limited only by your imagination. As a future unicorn farmer, you will experience the wide and unique array of opportunities, challenges, and joys of caring for these majestic creatures.

From the IntroductionIn this book, author Jessica S. Marquis provides...more
Published August 18th 2011 by Adams Media Corporation (first published July 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Raising Unicorns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raising Unicorns

Jessica Marquis
Jul 22, 2011 Jessica Marquis rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote this book. <:-)
Wendy
It ran a little on the long side, but it was totally, 100% worth it to make it to the end. The whole thing had me giggle-snorting with each spot of pun and spurt of glittery ridiculousness, and there are many clever turns of phrase that'll have you snickering and make the people sitting around you stare at you. (Don't read this in a hospital waiting room if you don't want people to think you're crazy.) My personal favorite part was the informal name for a herd of unicorns. You'll know what I'm t...more
Jen
Ready to start my own unicorn farm now ;)
Plot2themoon
What a wonderful and whimsical book. When you are studying your but off in business and investing, this is a great book to take a break with and not feel like you are slaking off. So much fun, and great sketches. A short and easy read. The faster you read the sooner you will get your Unicorn Farm started (unless you fail the test than have fun with your elk)!
Shiloh
Aug 28, 2014 Shiloh rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Shiloh by: Ranen Nowlin
Shelves: 2014, funny
It started off strong. I was ready to invest in unicorn farming, but the book slowed and became a little harder to get through, so I am reconsidering my career options.
Kayte Marx
This was an entertaining and easy read, but more business based than unicorn based. I would rather own just one unicorn without the idea of wanting to make money off of it.
Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books
In the book "Weird Things Customers Say in Book Shops" someone asked for a Unicorn how to guide. Well I found one bitches!
Debs
After reading this incredibly informative book, I feel fully ready to implement the steps necessary to start my own magical unicorn farm.
Julia_reads
Ein sehr lustiges, humorvolles Buch mit einem herrlich ironischen Unterton.
Tenley Nadine
Seriously one of the funniest books I've ever read. Also, TEAM UNICORN!
Michelle
Written/ Published for a GREAT CAUSE!
Emily Janeen
Emily Janeen is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2014
Jemima
Jemima marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Addie
Addie marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Margarida Martins
Margarida Martins marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Libby
Libby marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Beatriz Lopes
Beatriz Lopes marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Dante
Dante added it
Aug 08, 2014
Yetibetty
Yetibetty marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Zoë
Zoë marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Rhianna Neel
Rhianna Neel marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Georgia
Georgia is currently reading it
Jul 31, 2014
Ashleigh
Ashleigh marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Ieva
Ieva is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Jessica S. Marquis is Chief Unicornomicist at Unicornomics unicorn farm and R&D firm, raising and studying unicorns with her colleague Farmer McGlitter. In her free time, she enjoys coloring outside the lines and working with the youth-focused filmmaking/creative-writing nonprofit she helped establish, Sailbear Labs (501c3 pending). Born and raised in Detroit, she is currently living the adven...more
More about Jessica S. Marquis...